Is Chris Long Going to Fall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Chris Long Going to Fall?

PFW came out with their new mock today and Norwacki is implying that Chris Long's stock is dropping. If you add Devaney's comments that he doesnt see Long as much of a pass rusher in the NFL, could Chris Long be the surprise player this year who's stock drops the most from the top five?

Media hype has created an expectation for Chris Long to be the first overall draft pick, but we see Bill Parcells opting for a more valuable Long with the top pick and, the way we hear it, we would be surprised if Chris is drafted in the top five. If the Chiefs, at No. 5, focus on their greatest need, a bigger run could be made on offensive linemen. However, the depth of this year’s draft at the OT, DE and CB positions could make teams feel comfortable about finding a talent at those positions in later rounds.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...8/mock2302.htm

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

No.

People always, this time of year, PRETEND that a player's stock is rising or falling.
    These people do not know.

We all will find out when the draft is here and over with. GMs decide that.
    And even if 31 GMs are lowering a guy's stock right now, it only takes one to take him higher than the others think.

Chris Long is a sure thing. Period.

Comment

I was thinking about this recently actually.

If the Dolphins don't take Chris, preferring Gholston or Ryan or the other Long...

and the Rams are in love with Dorsey/Gholston...

and Atlanta takes Ryan, Raiders take McFadden, and Chiefs address the O-line, I can't see him passing the Jets.

The only way that happens is if they take Gholston over him, which I guess given their 3-4 is a possibility.

The Pats couldn't possibly pass on him though, could they? No chance.

So basically he will never get past 7. That's still quite a drop though.

For the record, I think Long will dominate, but as a 4-3 end. I still just don't like him in a 3-4 a whole lot.

Comment

I'd be shocked if he makes it past the Raiders.

Comment

I think the Jets would take Long before Stewart

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

You think Al would have the balls to pass on Howie's son?

Comment

Maybe he "falls" to the Rams' second overall pick like Reggie Bush "fell" to the Saints' second overall pick in 2006.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                I was thinking about this recently actually.

If the Dolphins don't take Chris, preferring Gholston or Ryan or the other Long...

and the Rams are in love with Dorsey/Gholston...

and Atlanta takes Ryan, Raiders take McFadden, and Chiefs address the O-line, I can't see him passing the Jets.

The only way that happens is if they take Gholston over him, which I guess given their 3-4 is a possibility.

The Pats couldn't possibly pass on him though, could they? No chance.

So basically he will never get past 7. That's still quite a drop though.

For the record, I think Long will dominate, but as a 4-3 end. I still just don't like him in a 3-4 a whole lot.

I agree I think that Chris Long will be a great 4-3 defensive end in the mold of Jared Allen-Aaron Kampaman- Patrick Kerney. He would be a so so 3-4 OLB. Certainly not worth taking him at #1 if he is not going to be playing defensive end in a 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Maybe he "falls" to the Rams' second overall pick like Reggie Bush "fell" to the Saints' second overall pick in 2006.
                  Yes, that's more like it.

Comment

Could he fall? Sure. But pfw's draft stuff is, um, well, let's just say interesting. I saw that mock, and um, some of it is, well, interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      You think Al would have the balls to pass on Howie's son?
                      I do, because I don't know how you justify paying DeAngelo all that money without putting a contending team together, and in the mold of AD, the fastest way to do that is draft a ridiculously explosive RB.

Comment

He'll never get past Al Davis, but I don't think he will get that far. Of course I would have laughed at Peterson falling to 7 and Quinn falling to 22 last year, so...

Comment

Yes, that mock is all kinds of.. stupid.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Makes no sense for the Rams. Wouldnt they just take Dorsey or Jake Long, whoever is avialble?

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                              Could he fall? Sure. But pfw's draft stuff is, um, well, let's just say interesting. I saw that mock, and um, some of it is, well, interesting.
                              Yeah its still one month away so things will change but PFW and that guy from Dallas Morning News have some of the best final mocks in the business. The only three I pay attention to are NFLDC, PFW, and the Dallas Morning News guy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information