Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mayock's latest rankings with some real changes

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true

Phillips has moved to the top of the Safeties with Johnson 2nd and Morgan 3rd.
    Campbell's back on as the #5 DE.
    Mayo is the #1 ILB with Connors #2.
    There are other changes as well.
    And proud of it!!!

Mendenhall as the #1 RB? thats surprising, i dont know if thats a change or not but im still kinda shocked by that.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Mayock freaking pisses me off. His rankings are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
        Mendenhall as the #1 RB? thats surprising, i dont know if thats a change or not but im still kinda shocked by that.
        That isn't a change. He's had Mendenhall at number 1 all the way through.

I think these are the same rankings I saw the other day. If so (too lazy to check right now, but I doubt he's updated his rankings again in the last couple days), the only thing that was somewhat interesting was LB's and Keglar jumping up. I can see that happening, though, and the other thing is that, there's probably a lot of LB's jumbled together (thus Erin Henderson wasn't in the picture from what I recall.

Comment

Didn't he have Jerod Mayo completely out of the LB rankings, and now
          he has him rated #1 at inside 'backer?? hmm..

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Didn't he have Jerod Mayo completely out of the LB rankings, and now
            he has him rated #1 at inside 'backer?? hmm..
            That's correct. He has clearly indicated that his rankings are still being fine tuned and that he is prepared to admit he was wrong in the past.
            As the pro days continue, I'm sure we'll see more changes. The last few days has seen for example, Ezra Butler LB, have a tremendous workout, 6' 5/8", 240lbs. He ran a 4.51 and a 4.57 40, 39" vertical, 7.15 cone, 4.17 short shuttle with 18 bench presses while Beau Bell had a terrible workout although he is slightly injured.
            A real interesting prospect is Chadron St.'s Danny Woodhead 5'71/2, 197lbs who was sensational at a lower level competition "who ran a 4.38 and a 4.40 40, 38" vertical, 7.03 cone, 4.20 short shuttle with 20 bench presses. Very interesting day 2 guy.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Why does he hate Brohm so much? #4 QB?

Comment

Wow... Tyrell Johnson is skyrocketing up the draft boards...

Wasn't he a mid/late rounder just a few months ago? Now we're talking what, early 2nd/late 1st based on recent rankings?

I heard Childress was being considered to coach the US Olympic bobsled team. They figure he can get a team to go downhill faster than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  I think everyone can acknowledge that 2-4 for the QB rankings is fairly tight right now. It very well could be Brohm at 2 instead of 4. Although there seems to be a growing push that Henne has the 2 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbelt3d View Post

Wasn't he a mid/late rounder just a few months ago? Now we're talking what, early 2nd/late 1st based on recent rankings?
                    I think for Johnson, it was a case that many people saw small school and didn't consider him highly as a reslt. I think there were many like me that, at the beginning of the cycle, felt that his track record (excellent) along with his physical potential made him a possible 3rd/4th. He's supposedly done well in the process this offseason, so yes, I can see him in the 2 spot. That said, the 2 spot for safeties is probably, at best, a mid-2nd grade.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      Flacco has a ton more upside than Brohm and Henne is a 4-year starter against great competition his whole career and went to a school that routinely produces good QBs. I dont necessarily agree with having Brohm #4 but I can understand some reasoning behind why Mayock puts him there.
                      JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by blackbelt3d View Post

When you play small college football where you hardly ever get to play against real talent, pro scouts and GM's tend to discredit game film and wait to see these guys perform at the combine or pro days before passing final judgment. I agree, he appears to be moving up draft boards especially since the Safety position is so weak in this year's draft.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

It looks like Mayock soured on Early Doucet. I'm a big fan of Tyrell Johnson getting his props though.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            I think everyone can acknowledge that 2-4 for the QB rankings is fairly tight right now. It very well could be Brohm at 2 instead of 4. Although there seems to be a growing push that Henne has the 2 spot.
                            Pretty crazy to me that Henne has surpassed Brohm when he could barely stay healthy in college. Even Flacco. I mean he couldn't start at Pitt so he transferred to Delaware. Both of these guys ahead of Brohm?

Comment

By no means am I saying any one of the three is far ahead of the other. There does seem to be a growing push on Chad Henne, although this time last year, Trent Edwards was thought to be pushed forward. I think they are tightly bunched, which increases the chances one of them falls a bit (a la Trent Edwards, who some thought might've gone early 2nd). But, assuming that players are medically cleared (and Brohm has his own medical concerns), part of the value process is definitely the whole "projection" aspect, and in that respect, both Henne and Flacco potentially project better.

With Brohm, based off his play, there's enough questions as to whether or not he'd be able to hit the tough outs, the tough throws. It's somewhat unfair, as you are but limited to what you are asked to do, but it is a criticism. I've also heard some concerns about Brohm's mechanics being stiff.

Now, let me close on this. I don't dislike Brohm. In fact, I've noted before that I think he could be a better Trent Dilfer, meaning a potential starter throughout his career. I'm just lukewarm on Brohm's value.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information