Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Ryan is so overrated it's a joke...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ryan is so overrated it's a joke...

Completions:

TOTAL: 807

Attempts:

TOTAL: 1,347

Yards:

TOTAL: 8,863

Completion Percentage:

AVG: 59.9% (807/1347)

Yards Per Attempt:

Touchdowns:

TOTAL: 56

INT's:

TOTAL: 37

Tell me again why he's worth a Top 10 pick? Bottom line, he isn't. If Brady Quinn wasn't worth a Top 10 pick, then this scrub Matt Ryan isn't worth one.

You do realize that almost everyone has Ryan as the top QB in the draft and a top 10 pick. Even the most negative Ryan supporter almost acknowledges that his firewall is Baltimore.

And as for his value and why he's a top 10 pick and a top 5 value for most people, part of the equation is about how a player projects to the NFL. I'm not even a huge Ryan fan (Flacco's my personal favorite), but Ryan projects well to the NFL and he's the most ready of all the QB's. Furthermore, this is a draft where the top is relatively weak overall.

Comment

Need also has to be takin into consideration every year their are teams at the top of the draft board that need QBs wether those QBs deserve a top pick is debateable but I think that matt ryan is not a top 10 pick but i know that he will be takin in the top 10 because of need.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
        You do realize that almost everyone has Ryan as the top QB in the draft and a top 10 pick. Even the most negative Ryan supporter almost acknowledges that his firewall is Baltimore.

And as for his value and why he's a top 10 pick and a top 5 value for most people, part of the equation is about how a player projects to the NFL. I'm not even a huge Ryan fan (Flacco's my personal favorite), but Ryan projects well to the NFL and he's the most ready of all the QB's. Furthermore, this is a draft where the top is relatively weak overall.
        Ryan is the Top QB because this is a weak QB draft. Just because it's a weak QB draft doesn't mean teams have to be morons and take the guy high.

It's why so many teams in the NFL continually suck and miss the boat when it comes draft time.

Ryan isn't worth a Top 10 pick...PERIOD.

Glenn Dorsey
        Jake Long
        Chris Long
        Vernon Gholston
        Sedrick Ellis
        Keith Rivers
        Darren McFadden
        Rashard Mendenhall
        Leodis McKelvin
        Ryan Clady

are the only players worth Top 10 picks in this draft. Any team in the Top 10 that picks one of those guys is getting a good player, no questions asked, and potentially a great player.

Comment

Also this draft really doesnt have an elite QB. Ryan is the top QB, those numbers really dont matter to me because he didnt have the same supporting cast as Brady Quinn, most of those guys will be mid to late round picks if even drafted.

Ryan can make the majority of throws required in the NFL, he is more than just a pocket passer, but he is still not WORTH a top 10 pick IMO. However need really changes value.
          Their runningback really impresses me though...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMayockSux View Post
            Ryan is the Top QB because this is a weak QB draft. Just because it's a weak QB draft doesn't mean teams have to be morons and take the guy high.

It's why so many teams in the NFL continually suck and miss the boat when it comes draft time.

Ryan isn't worth a Top 10 pick...PERIOD.

Glenn Dorsey
            Jake Long
            Chris Long
            Vernon Gholston
            Sedrick Ellis
            Keith Rivers
            Darren McFadden
            Rashard Mendenhall
            Leodis McKelvin
            Ryan Clady

are the only players worth Top 10 picks in this draft. Any team in the Top 10 that picks one of those guys is getting a good player, no questions asked, and potentially a great player.
            I'll disagree with that easily. Irrespective of position, I think Matt Ryan is a top 10 grade. When you factor in position, then Ryan is a possible top 5.

I've made my case before, so this is the short version (even though Ryan is, in terms of how I like the QB's, my 3rd guy) Ryan sees the planes of the field well. He makes the tough intermediate throws, feels the pocket well. He has good arm strength. He has solid mechanics, but also fluid mechanics, which is what you desire. Those are all positive attributes in regards to pro projection. And I managed all that without bringing up the dreaded "I" word (Intangibles). Furthermore, I also did that without bringing up the dreaded "lack of talent argument" (and the argument shouldn't be on Ryan's skill players, but rather on the OL in front of him).

Is he a perfect QB prospect? No. But he's a very good prospect. Will he definitely succeed and will he definitely go high? That's yet to be seen. But value wise, yes, I think he's worth it up there.

Comment

Regardless of his lovefest for Matt Ryan, your Forum Name is blasphemous!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Stats tell it all. Andre Ware and Tim Couch had great stats.

Comment

Another thing with Ryan that has to be take into consideration is not one of his skill players will be drafted. The guy didn't exactly have talent around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
                    Another thing with Ryan that has to be take into consideration is not one of his skill players will be drafted. The guy didn't exactly have talent around him.
                    Somewhat nitpicking, but that's not exactly true. His TE, um, Purvis, should be drafted next year. Overall, yes, the skill talent around him was pretty bad. Worse than, say, Cutler a few years back. On an aside, the offensive line, IMO, was a bigger issue than the lack of skill talent around him.

Comment

why does this guy continue to make errant threads?

Comment

He'll be puttingup derek anderson type numbers with a decent offense and proper coaching. The Jets should get him. I'm tired of Chad's wimpy arm. And Clemens I don't think he will lead us to the playoffs consistenly.
                        Last edited by katnip; 04-03-2008, 04:57 PM.
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Doesn't Kellen Clemens have a very good arm?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think he could be a decent to good nfl qb based on his measureables. Don't think he's got the mental to suceed.
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
                              I think he could be a decent to good nfl qb based on his measureables. Don't think he's got the mental to suceed.

hahaha This one has to be a joke...

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information