Kevin Smith Pro Day Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Smith Pro Day Video

Just found this. I thought some may be interested. He had a great pro day...

http://nfl-draft-notebook.blogspot.c...s-pro-day.html

It looks like he cleared up any concerns people may have had about his receiving ability. He wasnt used much as a receiver in college b/c they used him so much in the running game. Could you imagine giving him even more touches? lol.

Very quick in and out of his breaks. Caught the ball well with his hands, and didnt let it get into his body. Made some tough catches as well...

Hes a complete, every-down, workhorse back... just feed him the ball...

Granted that those are still Highlights from his pro-day, i must say that
    the kid looks like a stud. If he can hold up in the Ligg seeing as they beat
    him like a rented mule this past year, he's gonna be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Granted that those are still Highlights from his pro-day, i must say that
      the kid looks like a stud. If he can hold up in the Ligg seeing as they beat
      him like a rented mule this past year, he's gonna be very good.
      Agreed...

Are you a Texas fan? Did you get a chance to watch the Texas-UCF game this year?
      Last edited by FinNasty; 04-03-2008, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty View Post
        Agreed...

Are you a Texas fan? Did you get a chance to watch the Texas-UCF game this year?
        heh. am i..
        lol. i heard that game on the radio cause i worked that saturday.
        i know he had a very very good game against them, and nearly beat them
        single handedly, but i didnt get to see the actual game itself.

Comment

I think that Kevin Smith is a underrated prospect and i think that he will be a very good NFL back.

Comment

heh. am i..
            lol. i heard that game on the radio cause i worked that saturday.
            i know he had a very very good game against them, and nearly beat them
            single handedly, but i didnt get to see the actual game itself.
            Oh ok... I was just curious.

UCF's QB blew it in that game like usual... by fumbling it on a clock killing drive at the end of the game.

Comment

I have seen almost every one of Kevin Smith's games... and even I was impressed with how well he looked in the passing game at his pro day. I knew he had pretty good hands, b/c he rarely dropped a pass, but he didnt get many opportunities in the passing game in college.

I was suprised how good his routes looked since he didnt get much practice at it at UCF. Very quick in and out of his breaks, and just like his cutting ability, its very suprising considering that he is a long strider...

Comment

I have seen almost every one of Kevin Smith's games... and even I was impressed with how well he looked in the passing game at his pro day. I knew he had pretty good hands, b/c he rarely dropped a pass, but he didnt get many opportunities in the passing game in college.

I was suprised how good his routes looked since he didnt get much practice at it at UCF. Very quick in and out of his breaks, and just like his cutting ability, its very suprising considering that he is a long strider...
                There's a little part in the video where he's kinda jogging, puts a move then explodes into full speed.
                I thought that part was the best, showing good burst

Comment

There's a little part in the video where he's kinda jogging, puts a move then explodes into full speed.
                  I thought that part was the best, showing good burst
                  Ya...

And he helped answer some questions about his long speed with a 4.47 40 yard dash...

He is a complete player. Some of the best vision in the class... which is absolutly stunning to watch sometimes. And to go along with that, he can cut on a dime and make people miss with the best of them...

Comment

Agreed...

I watched it, he had a very good game on the ground versus us and was still breaking off long runs vs a fast defense because he knows when to make his cuts upfield and takes great angles, that all goes hand in hand with having great vision...Of course UCF lost at the end, because they didnt have much else going for them that game, they had a very good chance to win though, I remember at one point I started getting upset and figuring the game was over until I believe UCF fumbled late(long time ago, memory is clouded).

I personally like him in the pro's, he's going to be a guy who can carry more then 20+ times a game and consistently move the chains, Joseph Addai is who he reminds me of.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      I watched it, he had a very good game on the ground versus us and was still breaking off long runs vs a fast defense because he knows when to make his cuts upfield and takes great angles, that all goes hand in hand with having great vision...Of course UCF lost at the end, because they didnt have much else going for them that game, they had a very good chance to win though, I remember at one point I started getting upset and figuring the game was over until I believe UCF fumbled late(long time ago, memory is clouded).

I personally like him in the pro's, he's going to be a guy who can carry more then 20+ times a game and consistently move the chains, Joseph Addai is who he reminds me of.
                      Yep. My memory was clouded too... but it had more to do with the beer I was drinking at the time... lol

Kyle Isreal, UCF's QB, scrambled towards the sideline and fumbled it. Then, Charles broke off a long one and you took the lead at the end.

I can tell you right now that the game was heartbreaking for all UCF fans. Opening the brand new on campus stadium... against Texas... and winning... would have been a fairy tale beginning for UCF.

It was one hell of a game though...

Comment

And I like the Addai comparison...

Comment

Surprising that he looks better in shorts than in a game with pads on, given his reputation. He definitely looked like a complete legit starter there.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            Surprising that he looks better in shorts than in a game with pads on, given his reputation. He definitely looked like a complete legit starter there.
                            Just trying to interpret your post...

Are you saying that he is more of a player that looks good in shorts, but not so good when the pads come on? Like a workout warrior?

Comment

No I am saying that his reputation is that of a player who performs on gameday but doesn't have great workout numbers. That vid was the opposite for me as he looked better running those drills than he ever did running the ball.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information