Trevor Laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Laws

I'm just thinking that he's on of the more underrated Defensive line prospect in the draft.

He's got the best hands of any DE or DT in the draft and due to his wrestling background will have a great pedigree when it comes to one on one shedding and fighting off blockers. Add that to his intensity, motor and leadership I'm not sure why a lot of people have him as a round 4 sort of guy.

IMO in the right rotation he could have major impact. I wouldn't want him as an every down starter per se but as a rotational guy he could be dynamite.
    Last edited by BlindSite; 04-05-2008, 08:30 PM.

I don't know whether most people on this site over-rate Laws, but he seems to be a consensus 2nd round pick amongst most people. Some even think he has a slight chance at the 1st round.

Comment

I don't frequent this draft forum all that much (mainly the NFL portion) but Scott Still has him ranked low as do most draft sites.

More speaking about sites than person to person opinion.

Comment

I know Jacksonville is heavily scouting him....he could be Jax pick at #26

Comment

You really think he'd come off that early. You wouldn't think it a reach. I like the guy but I'm talking picks 35-60 here.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
            You really think he'd come off that early. You wouldn't think it a reach. I like the guy but I'm talking picks 35-60 here.
            Scott has him going in the 50s....

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
              Scott has him going in the 50s....
              Still has him listed as a quote "mid rounder" on his scouting report.

Comment

He shouldn't make it past the middle of the 2nd round imo. He had a lot of production in college and looked pretty solid in workouts, one of the few negatives on him is his height and you don't see that effecting Ellis too much. I think 1st round is a definite possibility.

Comment

He has crazy similarities to Sedrick Ellis

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

his size, wrestling background, and feistiness makes him sound a lot like Kelly Gregg. Only Laws looks cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                      He has crazy similarities to Sedrick Ellis
                      I actually think he is a cross between Ellis and Dorsey. He has the hand quickness of Dorsey, but not the overall explosion and overall potential. He has the stout build of Ellis but not the overall game and leverage of Ellis.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I would be happy to see trevor laws on the Broncos, I just hope he is still there in the second. I think he is going to make a great pro.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Personally, I'd take Laws ahead of any DT in this year's draft not named Dorsey or Ellis. What separates him out from the rest of the pack is his work ethic and consistency. Balmer, Moore, Bryant, Sims - they've all got work ethic / consistency issues, though they're all more physically talented than Laws. And there's no position more prone to such issues than DT...
                          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                            Still has him listed as a quote "mid rounder" on his scouting report.
                            there's still a few mistakes in those reports.. Mayo is rated late round/fa and there's a few guys whose grade is low or high.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

The big concern with Laws I think his strength. I like and I think he deserves to go 1st-2nd

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information