Akili Smith vs Ryan Leaf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akili Smith vs Ryan Leaf

Im saying Akili was worse because the bottom line is Ryan actually had a little bit of potential...he was just too immature and stupid to realize it...Akili was a piece of crap when it came to throwing the ball as shown by his 44% completeion percentage in his second year.

Im just saying is that if both were to start 3 16 game seaosns i'd rather have laf out there than smith

who's team was worse when each was on it? who had worse oline? worse wr's? worse running game?

Comment

there both absolutely terrible

Comment

Akili had a strong running game with Corey Dillon and solid WR's such as Peter Warrick, Darney Scott, and others...Jeff Blake was solid in the role that Akili struggled in. Plus he had the Guidance of Blake to groom him and it didn't work

Leaf had a dismal get of WRs in Bryan Still, Charlie Jones, and an old Webster Slaughter, an old Natrone Means to run, and no oline, and no QB to learn behiond. Imagine if they had a Warren Moon, Jim Everett, or Stan Humphries still on the roster to teach him. Instead it was craig Whelihan who i believe was worse than Leaf.

Comment

Did you really need another thread for this?

Comment

I win

(10 character)

Comment

Originally posted by JPMPACMAN View Post
              Akili had a strong running game with Corey Dillon and solid WR's such as Peter Warrick, Darney Scott, and others...Jeff Blake was solid in the role that Akili struggled in. Plus he had the Guidance of Blake to groom him and it didn't work

Leaf had a dismal get of WRs in Bryan Still, Charlie Jones, and an old Webster Slaughter, an old Natrone Means to run, and no oline, and no QB to learn behiond. Imagine if they had a Warren Moon, Jim Everett, or Stan Humphries still on the roster to teach him. Instead it was craig Whelihan who i believe was worse than Leaf.
              Did you just list Peter Warrick as a solid WR? That might be news to the NFL and Bengals fans.

Comment

Ryan was the more spectacular bust and Smith was the worse draft pick.

Comment

Tim Couch.

Comment

the highlight of Ryan Leafs career for me was an interception for a TD against the Cowboys. I remember it so well because it was the last play before halftime and rather than just take a sack, throw it out of bounds, or anything smart, he threw a stuid pass to the sideline that was easily picked off and taken to the house. That play single handedly sums up his career in my eyes.

With that said, at least he had something that made him remembered, Akili Smith was completely useless and was probably even worse. I'd take Leaf.......but that doesn't say much

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information