Jacob Tamme, WR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Tamme, WR?

As a NO fan, I'd love to see them pick up Jacob Tamme as a WR on Day 2. Tamme already has great size (6-3.5) and decent speed (4.58) for the position. He also catches the ball well with his hands and seems to be able to concentrate in traffic. I think he could easily lose 8 lbs. and become a 230 lb., 4.5 possession receiver, a la Marques Colston. (His 10 yd., 20 yd., short shuttle, and three cone drill times are similar to Colson's, most slightly better, albeit he is not as physical as Colston). He's extremely intelligent and reads coverages well. I think Tamme could be a Billy Miller at best as a TE, but similar to Colston at WR. Are there reasons this transition is not feasible/desirable?
    Last edited by SmallTownScout; 04-07-2008, 01:41 AM.

Not sure how 4.58 is decent speed for a WR, I'd call it mediocre at best.

I've always seen Tamme as a Chris Cooley type prospect

Comment

Tamme's a nice TE prospect, good pass receiving skills but subpar as a blocker.

He's not quick enough to be an NFL WR though, clearly.

Comment

I only got to see him play once. Didn't seem to play up to that speed. Looked more like, 4.64-4.70 40-yard dash.

Saw him in a espn highlight reel. He displays nice toughness though.
        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

I think with that speed he would fit best at TE. I could see a team trying out the idea, but I would think that the coaches would end up leaving him at tight end because of his wieght and his speed is not that good for a WR. I wouldn't say never though.

Comment

Yea. I would never say never. Wasn't D'Brick Ferguson skinny (compared to now) when he came to UVA?

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

The 40 time isnt the issue. He doesnt play that fast in game situations. James Jones ran like a 4.6 last year but is fast enough with the pads on. Tamme hasnt looked fast enough with the pads on, that is the issue not his 40 time.
              JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
                Tamme hasnt looked fast enough with the pads on, that is the issue not his 40 time.
                Thats what I was thinking.

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Tamme should stick to TE. He compares to a poor man's Dallas Clark IMO.

BoneKrusher

Comment

doesn't ernest wilford run like a 4.85 at a slightly smaller size?Tamme would be a bit of a mismatch in my mind because he would be too big (way too big) for corners and most safeties and too fast for linebackers.

Comment

tamme at slot. why not. hes a sure handed guy over the middle

Go Celtics
                      Go Irish
                      Go Ravens

Comment

he could be used in a dallas clark type of role nad be very very successful...he is in that mold and would be a very good WR/TE hybrid...and if push came to shove, i think he could fill in at slot/WR if injuries or whatever took their toll on a team...
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information