X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout Warrior

Hi,

just a quick question
    We all know that every year there is some workout warrior that run/jump/bench his way in the first round and end up drafted way higher than where he sould be
    We all know that workout warriors often disappoint in the NFL

My question is:

Was there ever a workout warrior that lived up to the hype??

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Wasn't Shawne Merriman a workout warrior? Never payed attention to him.
    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
      Wasn't Shawne Merriman a workout warrior? Never payed attention to him.
      I think he just confirmed he was a freak.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by swordman View Post
        Hi,

just a quick question
        We all know that every year there is some workout warrior that run/jump/bench his way in the first round and end up drafted way higher than where he sould be
        We all know that workout warriors often disappoint in the NFL

My question is:

Was there ever a workout warrior that lived up to the hype??
        Mario Williams?
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

The thread starter didn't even mention him.
          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

He was the number 1 pick but Mario Williams was a workout Warrior. His workout numbers are sick for someone his size and he so far has done well for himself in the NFL

Comment

Dwight Freeney (the workout warrior who is amazing)
              Mario Williams
              Adam Archuleta (was decent for a few years)
              Michael Boulware (not a bust)
              Boss Bailey

Then again, I do remember a lot of busts too. While we are on the topic, is Mike Mamula the original "Workout Warrior" bust? Or for that matter, the first person to be termed the "Workout Warrior" or does that pre-date him?
              The A-Man
              -- Die Hard Virginia Fan --

Comment

Brian Urlacher

Comment

I'm not sure I would consider Mario or Merriman workout warriors. Mario was considered a top pick pre-workouts, and Merriman was drafted around the range people expected pre-workouts as well.

Comment

Sometimes I do not agree with the term "workout warrior"... All players that are going on to the NFL are workout warriors. They all put the time and effort in so that they can be ready for the strenuous game of football. Some just look more defined than others mainly because of their body type. The #'s dont lie I know they are reflected on by there work ethic but part of it is athleticism too. Bottom line everyone in the draft is a "workout warrior" IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                      Sometimes I do not agree with the term "workout warrior"... All players that are going on to the NFL are workout warriors. They all put the time and effort in so that they can be ready for the strenuous game of football. Some just look more defined than others mainly because of their body type. The #'s dont lie I know they are reflected on by there work ethic but part of it is athleticism too. Bottom line everyone in the draft is a "workout warrior" IMO.
                      Actually, workout warrior is a term defined as a player who didn't really produce in college who has a huge combine or pro day workout, resulting in a higher draft pick than his college career warrants. Take Chris Henry from last year, he didn't do much of anything in college, but had some very impressive workout numbers and was drafted in the second round.

Essentially, workout warriors are guys who have all the right measurables and triangle numbers, but did not produce (significantly) in the college ranks. It's pretty specific if you ask me.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        Actually, workout warrior is a term defined as a player who didn't really produce in college who has a huge combine or pro day workout, resulting in a higher draft pick than his college career warrants. Take Chris Henry from last year, he didn't do much of anything in college, but had some very impressive workout numbers and was drafted in the second round.

Essentially, workout warriors are guys who have all the right measurables and triangle numbers, but did not produce (significantly) in the college ranks. It's pretty specific if you ask me.
                        I think it is thrown around to much... Just because you can look a player up on google images and see that he he ripped doesnt mean he is a "workout warrior".

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                          I think it is thrown around to much... Just because you can look a player up on google images and see that he he ripped doesnt mean he is a "workout warrior".
                          ... did you even read my post?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            ... did you even read my post?
                            yes, I just dont think people realize what exactly a workout warrior is...

Comment

Mario had 15 sacks his last at NC State, he was not a workout warrior.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information