Marcus Howard - Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Howard - Georgia

what round do you guys project him going??

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
    2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

3-5 I think.

Comment

He's actually a tough one to figure. Skillset fits for a 3-4 OLB, but physically, isn't the best fit. He has the athleticism to play in a 4-3 LB role, but needs some time. I'm guessing 3rd round, simply because the athleticism is too tempting to let fall too far. In some respects, reminds me of Thomas Howard.

Comment

I think 3rd or 4th

Comment

2nd - 3rd IMO

Comment

Bunch of SEC and UGA homers will say 3-5 I say he's more likely in the 5-undrafted range. He's okay, but he's nothing special. Not worth spending a 3rd rounder on at all. He'd be okay in the 3-4 OLB position, but he's even a little small for that. He's a good athlete, but he just does nothing for me as a prospect. He killed in the Hawaii game, but who didn't? If he goes before round 5 someone is reaching.

Comment

I wouldn't mind nabbing him in the 4th or 5th to be a situational pass rusher. His athleticism alone should get him drafted, anyone who says he won't get drafted is nuts!

Comment

He's hard to place. If he were 30 lbs bigger he'd be a first round pick. But he's not and I'm not familiar with him enough to know if he can put on that weight without hurting that burst off the line and his scary edge rushing ability. That said I could see him going in the mid 4th - late 6th If his frame can hold said 30 lbs (I have no idea how you figure such things out) then he could go in the mid - late 3rd
                Last edited by Brothgar; 04-08-2008, 11:08 AM.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

i'd say 4th or 5th.
                  my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                      Bunch of SEC and UGA homers will say 3-5 I say he's more likely in the 5-undrafted range. He's okay, but he's nothing special. Not worth spending a 3rd rounder on at all. He'd be okay in the 3-4 OLB position, but he's even a little small for that. He's a good athlete, but he just does nothing for me as a prospect. He killed in the Hawaii game, but who didn't? If he goes before round 5 someone is reaching.
                      Can't say I'm surprised by you hating yet another Georgia player. As you can see, people that aren't UGA or SEC affiliated think of him higher than you, too.

As a 3-4 team I'd take him around the 4th round, as a 4-3.. probably wouldn't, but he was a LB out of high school and could probably do it in time.

Comment

I'd say he goes anywhere from round 4 to 6.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Saying he should go undrafted is just crazy he tested as well as any DE/LB at the combine. He had over 10 sacks and his only year starting so you can't say he is a workout warrior. Even if he is just a situational pass rusher someone will draft him long before the 7th round.
                          Last edited by georgiafan; 04-08-2008, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I think someone will fall in love with his speed and athletism and take him in the 3rd round

Comment

i could see him in the 3rd-5th range.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information