Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top DT sitting under the radar...

Look at the current top DT stats:

#1: Glenn Dorsey (LSU): Height: 6'2" / Weight: 297 / 40 yrd - 5.12 sec / Vertical: 25.5 inches / Bench Reps: 27

#2: Sedrick Ellis (USC): Height: 6'1" / Weight: 309 / 40 yrd - 5.26 sec / Vertical: 26.5 inches / Bench Reps: 34

#3: Kentwan Balmer (North Carolina): Height: 6'5" / Weight: 308 / 40 yrd - 5.29 sec / Vertical: 29 inches / Bench Reps: 33

Now check this out:

Victor Filipe (Oregon): Height: 6'2" / Weight: 319 / 40 yrd - 4.9 sec / Vertical: 30 inches / Bench Reps: 33

This guy is heavier than than the top DTs, but he's faster than them and is just as strong with a great vertical. Keep an eye out for this guy, he's a brick house.
    Last edited by bssman03; 04-09-2008, 08:08 PM.

Originally posted by bssman03 View Post
    Look at the current top DT stats:

#1: Glenn Dorsey (LSU): Height: 6'2" / Weight: 297 / 40 yrd - 5.12 sec / Vertical: 25.5 inches / Bench Reps:

#2: Sedrick Ellis (USC): Height: 6'1" / Weight: 309 / 40 yrd - 5.26 sec / Vertical: 26.5 inches / Bench Reps: 34

#3: Kentwan Balmer (North Carolina): Height: 6'5" / Weight: 308 / 40 yrd - 5.29 sec / Vertical: 29 inches / Bench Reps: 33

Now check this out:

Victor Filipe (Oregon): Height: 6'2" / Weight: 319 / 40 yrd - 4.9 sec / Vertical: 30 inches / Bench Reps: 33

This guy is heavier than than the top DTs, but he's faster than them and is just as strong with a great vertical. Keep an eye out for this guy, he's a brick house.

If triangle numbers where the be all Robert McCune would be an pro bowler.

that said Oregon has a pretty good past with DTs

Comment

At Oregon Filipe played as a Defensive End at 290 lbs. and asked permission to transfer due to lack of Playing Time. He actually played last year at Western Oregon, and recorded 22 TKL's , 8.5 TFL's, and 7 SK's from the DT position. Also added 30 pounds is he out of shape now or did he really bulk up to play DT, a player that will def get a look as a undrafted FA but I cant see him getting drafted.

Comment

He bulked up, quite a bit. Just got back from the Oregon Pro days where he put up those impressive numbers.

Comment

Derek Lokey is the most underrated DT this year. In 2006 when he broke his leg Okam was lost. Derek is extremely underrated.

Comment

keilen dykes could be a stud. hes versatile and tough.

james mcclinton could really be a steal as well.

Go Celtics
            Go Irish
            Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
              keilen dykes could be a stud. hes versatile and tough.

james mcclinton could really be a steal as well.
              James McClinton is mine too, hes extremly underated and his poor off season has hide him even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pittbc7 View Post
                Derek Lokey is the most underrated DT this year. In 2006 when he broke his leg Okam was lost. Derek is extremely underrated.

thank you sir, I like him alot as well. Kid's motor doesnt stop ever. Reminds me of a trevor Laws type who just doesnt stop. Will be a steal in the 7th round area for someone.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Pat Sims.. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Wyndham View Post
                    Pat Sims.. . .
                    Well, he's under the radar for a top-10 pick, I suppose... but otherwise I think the idea for the thread was contemplating guys who aren't a lock for the 2nd round at the latest.

My sleeper is Maurice Murray. Someone's going to take a risk on that kind of size...
                    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Former Highland Star Ready for NFL Draft

Reported by: Dana Greene, ABC4
                      Last Update: 4/10 6:23 pm

Victor Filipe played with several NFL stars while he was at the University of Oregon, including his former Highland High teammate Haloti Ngata. But Filipe never thought he'd one day be selected in the NFL Draft. Well, that dream may become a reality in a couple weeks.

After transferring from Oregon to Western Oregon after a season-ending elbow injury, Filipe fell off the NFL radar. But after an extremely impressive workout on his pro day, NFL scouts started to pay close attention to this 320-pound defensive tackle.

Filipe could go as high as the 6th round, but at the very least, should sign with some team as an undrafted free agent.

Comment

You forgot something...

Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, etc. - Very good at playing football.
                        Victor Filipe - Not nearly as good at playing football.

Comment

Nick Hayden, Wisconsin
                          Height: 6-4. Weight: 291.
                          Combine 40 Time: 5.10.
                          Benchx225: 34. Vertical 32.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                            Nick Hayden, Wisconsin
                            Height: 6-4. Weight: 291.
                            Combine 40 Time: 5.10.
                            Benchx225: 34. Vertical 32.
                            I wonder is Hayden has the ability to swing out to DE in the 34. I always liked him while he played for Wisconsin, but he was awful inconsistent...but our entire defense last year was inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by rumfinator View Post
                              I wonder is Hayden has the ability to swing out to DE in the 34. I always liked him while he played for Wisconsin, but he was awful inconsistent...but our entire defense last year was inconsistent.
                              He could probably play backup WDE in a 2-gap system. I just don't think he's athletic enough to get after the QB in a 1-Gap.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information