Malcolm Kelly and Reggie Smith Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm Kelly and Reggie Smith Results

Got these results from another forum (the guy that reported them also reported that they weren't going to run at the original pro day long before anyone else reported it, so he seems reliable):

40-yard-dash's have been run.

Malcolm Kelly: 4.77 ; 4.75

Reggie Smith: 4.67 ; 4.65

Also, for Reggie Smith's vertical, he recorded a 39 1/2 inch high, and for the standing broad jump, recorded a jump of 10 feet, 9 inches.

Malcolm Kelly hit 32 inches for his vertical and had a broad jump of 9 feet 11 inches.

Oooo...not good times for Kelly! Injury must be lingering!

Comment

Originally posted by theogt View Post
      Got these results from another forum (the guy that reported them also reported that they weren't going to run at the original pro day long before anyone else reported it, so he seems reliable):

40-yard-dash's have been run.

Malcolm Kelly: 4.77 ; 4.75

Reggie Smith: 4.67 ; 4.65

Also, for Reggie Smith's vertical, he recorded a 39 1/2 inch high, and for the standing broad jump, recorded a jump of 10 feet, 9 inches.

Malcolm Kelly hit 32 inches for his vertical and had a broad jump of 9 feet 11 inches.
      I haven't played more than a pickup game in years and I'm pretty sure I could beat 4.77. I think Malcolm Kelly just became a 6th rounder.

Reggie might be a late 2nd if he's very lucky.

Comment

Even worse than I thought they would do!

I had smith at 4.6 flat and Kelly at 4.55

Comment

Poor showing by both. Reggie needs to step it up in the other drills if he wants to have any chance of being drafted as a CB rather than a safety but it doesn't look good.

Comment

Malcolm Kelly took a hit to his stock with that forty

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
              I haven't played more than a pickup game in years and I'm pretty sure I could beat 4.77. I think Malcolm Kelly just became a 6th rounder.

Reggie might be a late 2nd if he's very lucky.
              That's a bit drastic but I wouldn't touch him in the early or mid first. I think he'll have a Jarrett-esque fall to the mid 2nd.

Comment

If these are true, then I expect Kelly to really plummet, perhaps to the 4th/5th. For Smith, they weren't that stunning, as many had questioned his athletic ability, and he has the "out" of moving to safety or fitting in as a zone scheme corner that should prevent a hard fall, although it could push him from 2nd to maybe 4th as well.

Of course, the major question would be to what degree their injuries impacted them.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                  That's a bit drastic but I wouldn't touch him in the early or mid first. I think he'll have a Jarrett-esque fall to the mid 2nd.
                  I don't know, between the knee issues and a slug's 40 time, I don't see how any team can justify him as a first day pick.

Comment

I have a hard time believing that Kelly would have run in the mid 4.7's if he had sufficient time to train, but this definitely hurts. I still think some team takes a flyer in the 3rd round or so, but he has fallen considerably.

As for Smith, there really wasn't much elevating him above safety prospects like Morgan and Johnson, and now he could even wind up being the 4th or 5th safety drafted.

Comment

I can confirm it was 4.7's for Malcolm Kelly and 4.6's for Reggie Smith.

Round two for both.
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post

Round two for both.
                        I can assume they both will blame it on injuries but do you buy that Scott?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post

Round two for both.
                          You still think Kelly will go in the second?? I realize 40's are overrated but 4.7 that is slow as hell for a WR.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            I can assume they both will blame it on injuries but do you buy that Scott?
                            I'm not buying it. Kelly's agent said in the last day or so he expected him to run sub-4.5 but I think people would have been more surprised at that than they are with the high-4.6 / low-4.7

The fact is Kelly didn't receive a first round grade from the NFL and his coaches at Oklahoma told him round three. Malcolm Kelly going Top 10 was internet hype. I wrote about it in my blog a month or two ago and I know my buddy Matt Bitonti over at Draft Daddy has been saying it for even longer than that.

Maybe the Bengals will take him after all... in round two or three.
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I was suspecting as much, although not that bad a time for Kelly.

Scott probably has it right though, they could be snatched up in the second round still. Although if the health issues on Kelly's knees are legit, maybe that drops him more.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information