what do the jets do if........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do the jets do if........

lets say that its draft saturday, the jets are on the clock, and both longs, gholston, and dorsey are all gone, who do the jets take?

i dont think they take mcfadden for two reasons, 1, character issues, and 2, they dont exactly have an ideal cap situation for drafting a skill player this high.

i dont think they take rivers, mostly because i dont think their interested in him that much.

i dont think they take mckelvin or another CB just because signing a CB with the no. 6 pick wont be that much easier than signing a RB. unless of course they get the player to sign a pre draft contract for the minimum salary for the pick.

ellis seems to be a possibility, mostly because kris jenkins doesnt seem to be a long term solution.

derrick harvey seems to be the most likely canidate, he's been shooting up the draft boards of late. he's also similar size to chris long and gholston, although his 40 time is a little slower. and on top of it all, mangini would get a chance to stick it to his old boss, cause the pats are said to be interested in harvey if they cant trade out of their no. 7 pick.
    HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH

In that situation, Darren McFadden, Matt Ryan or trade.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Harvey would be a smart choice....but so would Rivers....that'd be an interesting situation...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
        i dont think the jets have an ideal cap situation for either mcfadden or ryan, maybe they take one of them and try to hold them hostage for a later first round pick and another pick, but i dont think they have a whole ton of leverage to pull that off.

dont think they would even consider harvery here?

i dont think they will be able to trade out of the pick either, at least not getting full value for the pick anyways.

Comment

I think McFadden would have to be the pick, their offense needs a big play threat badly. Otherwise I think they would trade down and grab a corner.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Perhaps Harvey gets a look, but I think the conception that McFadden or Ryan would cost an arm and a leg more than, say, Gholston at the same draft spot is going a bit far. They are likely to make more, but not all that significantly much more.

Comment

Unquestionably McFadden. That should be the pick anyway, as much as I like Gholston and Long. Their offense definitely needs a headliner.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                I think McFadden would have to be the pick, their offense needs a big play threat badly. Otherwise I think they would trade down and grab a corner.

i dunno, jets are very big on character, and mcfadden is somewhat of a character issue. also, jets have one of the worst cap situations in the league, and signing mcfadden wont exactly be a walk in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                  That what i was thinking, there are probably alot of teams that would like have McFadden so i think if there were to be a trade that i would most liklely be for McFadden. I think Ryan would then go to Baltimore.

Comment

I too think McFadden would be the top player on the board, although maybe Sedrick Ellis and then Matt Ryan afterwards. Unless they don't think they could make Ellis and new acquisition Kris Jenkins work together, I suppose, but certainly they can and should improve the front three to set up the rest of their defense.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach_Beavis View Post
                      i dont think the jets have an ideal cap situation for either mcfadden or ryan, maybe they take one of them and try to hold them hostage for a later first round pick and another pick, but i dont think they have a whole ton of leverage to pull that off.

dont think they would even consider harvery here?

i dont think they will be able to trade out of the pick either, at least not getting full value for the pick anyways.
                      Ha I would love to see the Jets pass on McFadden then see the insuring riot in MSG from Jets fans remember the yelling that went on after they didn't trade up for Reggie Bush? If McFadden was there at the pick and the Jets took a pass. Man they'd need to take out the GM with full body guard. That said they could easily pick McFadden and put him on a back heavy contract so when Thomas Jones retires and that cap space will be then taken up by McFadden
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

i think they take mcfadden regardless, they need some production from the RB position, thomas jones had 1 rushing TD all year

Comment

i guess i'm kinda glad that no one is taking the position that they should reach for a cornerback

Comment

Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                            i think they take mcfadden regardless, they need some production from the RB position, thomas jones had 1 rushing TD all year
                            Jones wasn't the problem near as much as the offensive line was, really. The front office made a horrendous move in dealing with and eventually trading away Pete Kendall, nevermind other disappointments elsewhere on the OL. They've addressed it in the offseason, signing Alan Faneca and Damien Woody, so it should help the running game be it Jones, Leon Washington, or another back (McFadden) on the field.

If it is McFadden, the Jets can share the load with veteran Thomas Jones, who very importantly can handle the pass protection and receiving responsibilities that McFadden can't - at least initially.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

i don't know how much of a reach it would be personally, many people have a corner going at #7 to NE if the OLBs are gone.

Rivers is not a possibility IMO

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information