Brandon Albert to LT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Albert to LT?

There's been alot of talk lately about Albert playing LT in the NFL. Do you guys think he can make the move? Also, what's his potential at LT?

Look at my thread in the KC team forum

NO WAY IN HELL IS HE GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT LT IN THE NEXT 3-4 years.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

i wouldnt say no way but he would be way beter at Guard or Right Tackle
      i think he just wants to get paid LT money

Comment

RT would be intriguing

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
          There's been alot of talk lately about Albert playing LT in the NFL. Do you guys think he can make the move? Also, what's his potential at LT?
          His physical skillset is better suited for LT than RT or G, but it's a matter of how quick he can learn the position. I'm not sure how you want to quantify potential, but his potential for LT is high because of the physical fit. I mean ... arguably, he would have the highest LT potential out of the top 5 OL candidates. It's a matter of learning the position, which is easier said than done.

Comment

Reminds me of a longer Vernon Carey. I think he could play left tackle successfully at the next level, he's certainly quick enough. He'd be a good fit there in Carolina where they like their linemen to be quick but good mauling run blockers.

Comment

He actually reminds me a lot of Maurice Williams....Williams was an outstanding tackle coming out of Michigan but due to injuries and actually being benched he moved to guard and was an excellent guard last season...

they actually have similar physical attributes as well

Comment

He has the physical ability and seems to have a good enough work ethic, because the switch will likely not be easy. However, I believe (and Toonster can correct me, as he has watched infinitely more UVA ball) that Albert looked just as good in the few games he manned the left tackle spot in college. There have been players where I would have considered the switch impossible, or at least detrimental enough to be pointless. Albert is not one of those players. He might struggle a bit as a rookie, but I don't think he would definitely have more trouble blocking the blindside his freshman year than someone like Jeff Otah would.

Comment

Yes, I definitely think he can.

If we're throwing out comparisons, then on measurables and athleticism, he reminds me of Tony Ugoh. Ugoh had concerns about being a left tackle in the league, some concerns stemming from him being a two-sport athlete at Arkansas. But he's a DANCING BEAR, he's got the feet, the long arms, the agility, and the ability to run-block down the field. I think Albert can do the same, he's got the traits going for him but hasn't had the full opportunity.

Give him a shot at LT, he can get it done imo. Recent first round picks like Jamaal Brown and Joe Staley started off at RT for their rookie seasons, but I'd let Albert play at LT from the very first day he's part of the team. He's more suited for LT anyways, but let him get every snap as it's all valuable experience. Speaking on Ugoh again, every snap he gained in preseason was so valuable, and it continued on through the season.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Too many what if's, more so than Otah, Williams, Clady. I woudnt switch him to LT. I watched him play and if you check out the two youtube videos he wasn't dominant. He showed solid footwork, good downfield blocking on Safeties and Cornerbacks. But was never an Orlando Pace, Ogden, Boselli, Thomas, Brown, McNeil type of presence on the field. Otah shows more signs of a potential dominant LT prospect than Albert.
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0icShpz5_XI

a video of albert v. maryland a team with no real threats on the Dline.

1st play: got beat, held his own for a split second then got beat
                      2nd play: nice pull, missed his guy, got a HAND on him, was in right position though, showed athleticism
                      3rd play: got beat
                      4th: was in right place missed the chip block, the othet team took themselves out of the play
                      5th play: decent pull, but didnt hit anyone almost fell on his face
                      6th play: finally ap lyed he looked good..nice down field block and nice block on the corner/safety
                      7th play: got down field blah
                      8th play: nice pull didnt hit anyone not his fault
                      9th play: nice seal best block yet on a guy who toasted him before
                      10th play: not bad of a pull decent block on a linebacker

i wasnt overally impressed

Originally posted by bored of education
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgwao29NuE

1st play: nice block, i would say that was a better block than most in the maryland game
                      2nd play: ehh nothing much
                      3rd play: decent block there i wouldrather have seen him maul him down field more, wasnt stout at the point and almost got beat
                      4th: nice pull, solid footwork, good block on the 200 lb Kenny phillips
                      5th play: showed goot footwork, decent pull block, got his body into the DB
                      6th play: number 54 looks weak though, he did make a nice solid block..didnt over power the puny player
                      7th play: this was a very nice play, good footwork, solid block, got underneath the pads, i wish i sent him back mroe he had about 80 lbs on that guy and should have owned him
                      8th play: nice block on 54 who is obivously weak and small
                      9th: solid nothing great

POINT IS this guy is not top 10 starting LT material. Those are two games against some blahhhh teams

quick analysis of just those videos

Comment

He reminds me of Logan Mankins actually, just more gifted.

Comment

He'd be great playing in San Diego with LT... Great rushing lanes man

Comment

Originally posted by tom View Post
                            He'd be great playing in San Diego with LT... Great rushing lanes man
                            I'd love to see him on our right side. Not realistic at this point though; his rise has been absolutely meteoric.

Comment

He looked pretty decent in the games he played at left tackle. I wasn't paying too much attention because I didn't even realize he was a left tackle until halfway through the game and I was watching the game on my laptop. But I don't remember anything bad and I remember a few nice plays.

EDIT: That's for the Middle Tennessee game. As for the Pittsburgh game, it was such a blowout that it was hard to evaluate.
                              Last edited by ammandss; 04-11-2008, 03:50 PM.
                              The A-Man
                              -- Die Hard Virginia Fan --

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information