Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• groves had heart surgery?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

first its DRC with one kidney and now groves apparently underwent surgery on his heart to repair a problem with its electrical system.

it doesnt sound serious but wow, how does that not get out until now?

thoughts? impact?

The thing about Groves' heart condition is that no matter what he does it won't affect it, he has a .03% of sudden cardiac death but playing football does not increase the chance

Comment

I feel kinda bad for the guy. It's hard to tell the actual severity right before the draft (ie. paralyzed for life turns into minor toe surgery.) I hope he still goes well, as it might not hinder him, however, I'm glad my team doesn't need to spend more money at the DE position. He could turn into a 2nd round bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        The thing about Groves' heart condition is that no matter what he does it won't affect it, he has a .03% of sudden cardiac death but playing football does not increase the chance
        well it said it wasnt serious, but if im about to make a multi-year, multi-million dollar investment in a guy and i hear his name and heart surgery together like that....would make me think about it a little harder in the very least

Comment

This is a total aside but it really sucks how that works. The guy was probably worried about his life at one point and after making it through, he finds out he is now looked at as damaged goods and potentially missing out on an opportunity to live his dream. So much for triumph.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

That means he'll fall to the Niners for sure now. :) Sweet! Perhaps we can get him in the early 2nd even...

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
              That means he'll fall to the Niners for sure now. :) Sweet! Perhaps we can get him in the early 2nd even...
              ... Again.. Steelers?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                ... Again.. Steelers?
                Between Woodley, Timmons, and Harrison, the Steelers aren't going to be taking a OLB/DE in the first this season. Not with the Turnstile O-Line they have.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

It is kind of like Ronny Turiaf on the Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                    Between Woodley, Timmons, and Harrison, the Steelers aren't going to be taking a OLB/DE in the first this season. Not with the Turnstile O-Line they have.
                    We need a more consistant pass rush.

If you watch the steelers you know this to be true.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I honestly don't know how this affects him. I'm glad that he is healthy, don't get me wrong, but I'm no doctor, so I will stay away from the medical aspect of it. Some teams may not consider this too heavily, but if soem teams removed Kelly due to knee problems, I'm sure the same is being done with Groves. It's a shame I like this guy, and deserves to go higher than he probalby will now, though there is no doubt in my mind that he will still amke a great NFL player.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Doubt this will really effect him that much come draft day... I just dont understand why all of these medical reports are coming out just now?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                          Doubt this will really effect him that much come draft day... I just dont understand why all of these medical reports are coming out just now?
                          Makes little to no sense to me either. The only explanation I can come up with is teams are leaking info in order to get players to drop to their team.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                            I just dont understand why all of these medical reports are coming out just now?
                            They are just hitting the media now, 99% of this stuff isn't news to the teams.
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                              We need a more consistant pass rush.

If you watch the steelers you know this to be true.
                              I think the idea behind having two young OLB/DEs, is that they develop into better players. And with Roethlisberger will be out of the league within 3 years if the Steelers don't do something drastic with that O Line.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                              The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                              I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information