New Mock Draft Live - 4/11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mock Draft Live - 4/11

At long last the new mock is now live and posted so please be sure to check it out. You can link to it via the main page:

Note: If each page isn't dated "April 11, 2008" before the first pick you probably just need to refresh your browser!!!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged, but please be sure to gives reasons behind your thoughts and opinions. Let's do our best to keep this thread informational, fun and productive.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Jerod Mayo is definitely a high possibility to the Lions in Round 1.. Don't know so much about Ray Rice. They are said to be interested Anthony Collins..

Overall, I can see it happening but I wouldn't like it that much.. I just think we're ignoring our biggest needs (OT, DE) .. yet again..

Comment

I've gotta be honest Scott, im not liking that mock for the Steelers...They seem pretty certain that they are keeping Colon at RT, and they arent paying Max Starks 7 mill' for nothing. Also Jordyz Nelsonz is a reach there IMO, and i would hope they would draft with value abit more in mind. I'll have a think about what scenario i think is more realistic, and i'll get back to you.

EDIT: Good work on the whole though!

Comment

I would be pretty freakin happy with Clady and Laws. I can only hope they trade in to the third round and pick up earl bennett, which I have a good feeling about.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

A shame Porter doesn't fall one more pick. But very good draft for the Giants.

Comment

I've had a look through and i think the Steelers would draft...Sweed, Flowers, Groves, King, Cason, Avril or Rachal...over the 2 that you picked. They have had all of those players in for visits, except for Flowers IIRC.

Comment

McFadden to Oakland is fine with me. I know reports are out Raiders really like Gholston but I just have a hard time seeing Al Davis passing on McFadden, I just can't see it. Unless Chris Long is on the board, that would be interesting.
              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

I'm pretty much certain that the Falcons will trade up, but if they don't, to still get Dorsey, Brohm, Cason and Collins would be absolutely sensational...
                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

intresting Ryan to Chiefs, Devin Thomas #1WR, Jerod Mayo i like him going top 16

i question DRC #19 seems a bit far with the way his stock is rising

thou i think its the right place for him. did it have anything to do with his heath record?

i thought Campbell (miami) was for sure out of the 1st round

with all the seahawk running back you think they will add another? intresting

Flowers i know he fits the packers system but do think packers maybe scared to take him

i like Falcco for the ravens but is Oniel Cousins a bit of a reach for the Packers

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    At long last the new mock is now live and posted so please be sure to check it out. You can link to it via the main page:

Note: If each page isn't dated "April 11, 2008" before the first pick you probably just need to refresh your browser!!!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged, but please be sure to gives reasons behind your thoughts and opinions. Let's do our best to keep this thread informational, fun and productive.
                    I know Brodie Croyle still has a ton of question marks and even more to prove. But I'm not sure I see KC taking Matt Ryan. I think if Dorsey and Long are off the board (which they probably will be) I think they'll probably go Sed Ellis. I know they took Tank Tyler and Turk McBride last year. Tyler looks like he might have the potental to play. But Turk, at best, may be a Jimmy Wilkerson type backup tweener.

So I think the Chiefs will probably pass on Matt Ryan and probably take Sed Ellis assuming Dorsey and Jake Long are off the board. They'd probably prefer to trade down in that scenario. But it's hard to find some one to trade into the top 5. So I'm thinking the pick will be Sed Ellis.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised Matt Forte didn't go in round 2. I thought his stock was way up. Any chance he'd be available with the Bengals 3rd round pick?

Comment

Otah and Chad Henne... not happy, id like to see Chris Williams with his potential. Its probably preference though. Id prolly like to see Flacco over Henne too

Comment

If you ask me I think both Thomas and Vrabel are significantly better playing outside (Vrabel was on the downside of his career inside, then had what, 12.5 sacks this year outside? Thomas disappeared for LONG stretches inside and picked up a ton of sacks outside once Colvin went down), and I don't think Harvey is so much better than Rivers that it would be worth it to displace one of the outside linebackers. I'd rather have Rivers than Harvey for the Patriots.

Not sure how much I like Tracy Porter there. He's a decent value but I'm just not sure he's a good system fit. The Patriots are said to love Chevis Jackson.

Comment

it seems you want to give us a TE every year.... won´t happen and rivers is still a reach AND not the way the FO drafts , especially with clady on the board

Comment

I'd like to make a slight update/correction on your analysis of the Rams first pick, although I don't hink the conclusion changes at all.

Although James Hall was cut earlier in the offseason to get his 3M salary and a roster bonus off the books, he was resigned later on for less money. This doesn't resolve the DE situation for the Rams since he was a disappointment last season, but just wanted to get this addition out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information