Matt Ryan: his absolute lowest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ryan: his absolute lowest

ok, if Atlanta, Baltimore and KC all pass up Matty, where do you think he'd go

Reasons for each to pass up

ATL: Biggers needs, 3 second rounders, trade back into the first to get brohm or flacco, take Dorsey

KC: they NEED O-line help, Albert, Otah, Clady are more likely than Matty Ice here.

BAL: as much as ozzie newsome would love matt Ryan, he has a good eye, and can realzie that this draft is extremely deep at QB, so why use a 1st rounder on Ryan when guys like Brohm, flacco Or Henne could be had in rounds 2 or 3. an O-lineman, CB or LB is possible over ryan

if he falls past Baltimore, IMO, he will go to Carolina at 13, who would probably LOVE to get a guy like Ryan to be theri QB of the future
    Don't hate me because I'm a rutgers fan, hate me because I'm eagles and Yankees fan

Scarlet Knights forever, victories don't matter, we're the best in the land, cause we MADE this game!

He would be a great fit in Carolina.

I'm just not a fan of him going top-10, though.

Comment

I hope he drops to pick 30 and atl trades a few picks to Green Bay for him :)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Baltimore is the absolute lowest spot he'll go. I'd be stunned if he even made it that far considering I expect KC to take him at #5.

Comment

I think Carolina is the absolute lowest that he will fall.

Comment

I would LOVE it if Carolina could get him. I mean I would adore it.

Comment

I don't think he falls past Baltimore. He's too talented and Baltimore always values value and knows him well and is reportedly to be high on him. In fact, if KC is willing to take a less than chart value deal, I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore moved up to secure him.

But let's play along iwth the hypothetical for a second. If Ryan gets past Baltimore, where does he go? If we assume no trades, then the best guess here would actually be Chicago. I don't see Carolina picking him unless there is absolutely no OL, and perhaps even DL value. The one thing to watch for would then be a trade. Minnesota might contemplate it. A sleeper could emerge.

That said, I don't see him slipping past 8 if there aren't any deals.

Comment

Let's not forget for a second how highly regarded Matt Ryan really is by NFL personnel. I just can't see a scenario where he falls out of the top 10.

Comment

ya no chance he falls past Baltimore. Would be a dream come true for them if he did.

Comment

wow.....i just did some quick math here and if atlanta really, really wanted to, they could package all 3 of their 2nd round picks and trade back into the first round as far as #7 overall.

who owns #7? that would be the patriots....and do you think the patriots would like 3 2nd round pick to get out of paying a player #7 overall money? maybe...and it would put atlanta ahead of baltimore....

so in theory, atlanta could come away from this draft with 2 top 10 picks if they really, really wanted to

i dont think that would happen but its something to think about.

if they kept 1 of the 2nd rounders and replaced with a later pick, they could trade to a bunch of spots before carolina as well if they can find a partner and take ryan there even. if they were interested of course.....

like i said, doubtful but something to ponder over

Comment

I would love three #2s for the #7 pick.

Comment

I'm not sure why Carolina would take Ryan when they didn't take Quinn last year unless they like Ryan a LOT more

I know he doesn't have "experience" or whatever but I'm about as confident in Matt Moore now as I ever was in David Carr

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                          I'm not sure why Carolina would take Ryan when they didn't take Quinn last year unless they like Ryan a LOT more

I know he doesn't have "experience" or whatever but I'm about as confident in Matt Moore now as I ever was in David Carr
                          a lot has changed since last year for them though. things probably seemed alright with a healthy delhomme, a carr they were looking to salvage, and a developmental 3rd stringer.

but delhomme underwent pretty major surgery, carr is long gone, and your backups arent guys id feel 100% comfortable with moving into the future.

if they took ryan, he could sit behind delhomme for as long as hes healthy/good and then take over in the event of injury or delhomme starting to suck it up.

i always like situations where rookie QBs can be the definite #2 to an established starters while they develop and adjust

Comment

There are a few sleeper teams who would be interested if Ryan takes a Quinn-esque freefall past the Ravens.

What about Tampa Bay? Do they have their QB of the future on the roster? I'm not sure. Garcia is a solid QB, but he's up there in age. That will eventually have to be addressed. I'm not sure what they'd have to give up to move from their pick to top 10, but maybe something like that could happen.

This is why the draft is so exciting. Anything can happen!

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                              There are a few sleeper teams who would be interested if Ryan takes a Quinn-esque freefall past the Ravens.

What about Tampa Bay? Do they have their QB of the future on the roster? I'm not sure. Garcia is a solid QB, but he's up there in age. That will eventually have to be addressed. I'm not sure what they'd have to give up to move from their pick to top 10, but maybe something like that could happen.

This is why the draft is so exciting. Anything can happen!
                              possible but i think its unlikely. gruden is a guy who finds "his guys" at QB.whether they be in the first round or the seventh.

if he feels like he can make a guy good in his system, hell take him and bypass common logic on it. if they take a QB, my money would be on josh johnson. gruden is said to be "enamored" with him and his skills would translate real well to grudens WCO.

unless ryan were to fall right into TBs lap, i dont think they move to get him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information