Matt Forte

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Forte

I was a bit surprised not to see his name in Scott's latest mock?

What round is he projected to go? maybe I have had him overated but I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked by Detroit or Chicago in round 2?

think it cause other RB stocks are rising

Comment

Well, The Lions took Ray Rice, and the Bears are going to start frantically grabbing QBs to see if one sticks pretty soon. So it's not out of the question.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
      The Destroyer Is Manifest!
      I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
        Well, The Lions took Ray Rice, and the Bears are going to start frantically grabbing QBs to see if one sticks pretty soon. So it's not out of the question.
        why are the bears gonna do that?

Comment

i'd place forte ahead of ray rice. he can help doing everything and will be more nfl ready than rice

Go Celtics
          Go Irish
          Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
            think it cause other RB stocks are rising
            Why wouldn't Forte's stock be rising too? He's big, has great feet, receiving ability and he shut down the haters with (I believe) a 4.46 40 at the Combine. He has all the skills and production of a top prospect imo.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I honestly think he's way overrated.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                I honestly think he's way overrated.
                I'd love to hear why....actually I'm interested because I see nothing but good things from him as a player.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  I'd love to hear why....actually I'm interested because I see nothing but good things from him as a player.
                  I don't know. I really honestly can't explain it. I have the Senior bowl on my PC and watch it every 3-4 days. Focusing on a different player.

I just wasn't impressed with Forte.

I don't think he's on the level of guys that he's being ranked with. I would put him in round 3, and take guys like Ray Rice, Kevin Smith etc ahead of him. Some people are saying he's on par with Stewart and I just feel he's getting a Matt Ryan hype.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I think Matt Forte is a total clone of Ryan Grant of the Packers. Sure, Ryan Grant had a great combine as well, and had good size. Yet the genius scouts and GMs made him not drafted.

Now he showed last year that they were wrong....... I'd love to see the Packers add some depth with the Grant-clone with a 3rd round pick of Forte.

There's no doubt he has the skillz to be a good NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                      I don't know. I really honestly can't explain it. I have the Senior bowl on my PC and watch it every 3-4 days. Focusing on a different player.

I just wasn't impressed with Forte.

I don't think he's on the level of guys that he's being ranked with. I would put him in round 3, and take guys like Ray Rice, Kevin Smith etc ahead of him. Some people are saying he's on par with Stewart and I just feel he's getting a Matt Ryan hype.
                      So you are judging him off of one game, in a limited offense with limited touches, and not on his actual season where he put up over 2,000 yards. He can also catch and block. Not to mention a nice offseason showing 4.45 speed and good size.

That said, I could see him fall to round three.
                      Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 04-12-2008, 07:57 AM.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information