McKelvin vs. Rodgers-Cromartie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKelvin vs. Rodgers-Cromartie

I dont know if this was started before..but who gets the higher grade out of the 2 ? Rodgers-Cromartie has more of the ability to make plays but mckelvin seems more complete.

im stuck on who i want in baltimore

Go Celtics
    Go Irish
    Go Ravens

none. they both suck. pass on them both and let the cowboys take that risk.

we'll let you know how it works out.

Comment

i personally want mike jenkins or brandon flowers in baltimore...but seeing as neither of them are feasible at this point, unless we draft ryan in the first, it wont happen. Im not sold on mcklevin or DRC, i dont know why, maybe its becase of the competition level differance, that said, it isnt like players havent made that jump before...i dunno, if i had to choose one of teh two, it would be mcklevin
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Between DRC and McKelvin, I'd take the latter, because I like what I see in his tape more than DRC's physical abilities. It's not a decision I'd enjoy making and I'm rather hoping the Ravens will trade down in the first round.

But this year's CB class is like Russian roulette. You know almost nothing - just that there's bullets in the revolver and you don't know how many and you don't know which chamber holds them. "Bullets" being busts and "chambers" being prospects. The "revolver" is the draft... I guess.

So yeah, my point is, you've got a lot of unproven quantities in this CB class. It runs deep, but all the top prospects have big questions about their game. DRC and McKelvin are small-school prospects. Jenkins, Cason, Talib, Flowers, Lee, Porter, King, etc, all have big demerits on their scouting reports. There's gotta be at least one bust in that group somewhere. Probably more.

Comment

McKelvin seems like he has lock down ability, he's lightning fast in and out of breaks and can break on the ball with great speed...DRC is going to be like a highlight reel alot like Antonio Cromartie, but McKelvin seems like at some point he will be able to lock down one side of the field, thats very important in terms of what it lets your defense be able to do...

With that being said, I dont think you can go wrong with either guy, both are going to be great corners.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'll take McLovin.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
              I'll take McLovin.
              oh you do not wanna get me started on superbad quotes...such a great movie hahaha

do you know how many foods are shaped like *****? all the best ones!
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I think that McKelvin would be a safer pick, but if it was based on potential then DRC automatically gets the nod. Personally, I'd love to have either, but not at the #8 pick, somewhere in the teens.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I actually think Mike Jenkins would be the best pick out of the top tier CB's...he's more complete....DRC has the most upside but he's incredibly raw and McKelvin never really faced top competition and sortof came out of nowhere...

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                    I actually think Mike Jenkins would be the best pick out of the top tier CB's...he's more complete....DRC has the most upside but he's incredibly raw and McKelvin never really faced top competition and sortof came out of nowhere...
                    I was just about to post about him in this thread, in terms of star potential he is right up there with the other two, although he has a high bust rate as well...So he might scare some teams off, but he could easily turn into a stud at CB, has all the physical tools you look for...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      I was just about to post about him in this thread, in terms of star potential he is right up there with the other two, although he has a high bust rate as well...So he might scare some teams off, but he could easily turn into a stud at CB, has all the physical tools you look for...
                      yea, and he could take a tumble in the first round on draft day...I hope he would at least make it to the 20's...might make others fall as well.

Comment

DRC is too much of a risk to go in the top 10. His Tennessee State tape is unimpressive from what I hear but he's an athletic marvel that impressed at the Senior Bowl, hence why he has risen so much in hype. McKelvin has proven himself as a shutdown guy with a high floor (coverage) and a high ceiling (becoming a playmaker).

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm obviously a big Cromartie supporter, but I think you truly have to be outstanding to be a top ten pick from frickin Tenn. St. McKelvin's the better prospect.

This is in no way related to my burning desire to draft DRC.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            DRC is too much of a risk to go in the top 10. His Tennessee State tape is unimpressive from what I hear but he's an athletic marvel that impressed at the Senior Bowl, hence why he has risen so much in hype. McKelvin has proven himself as a shutdown guy with a high floor (coverage) and a high ceiling (becoming a playmaker).
                            i agree with this fully...although i think mike jenkins will be a better CB then both of them. as will brandon flowers

Comment

A Perfect Score, whos booty is that in the yellow bikini?..

id smash that

Go Celtics
                              Go Irish
                              Go Ravens

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information