Surprise 1st round picks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise 1st round picks?

What player could you see a certain team fall in love with and "reach" for in the first round?

Not much talk about Jerod Mayo and the Bengals but I have a feeling he'll be selected at the #9 spot. Marvin loves his fast, athletic linebackers...

erin henderson could go much higher then expected...

my boy quentin groves could go much highger then people expect, i can see as high as #7 to the pats...

expect cliff avril ot make a big jump on draft day as well.

i can see kentwan balmer being drafted as early asa 12 to the broncos.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

i think chris johnson can make a huge jump. teams love his speed.

like a perfect score said, erin henderson will go higher than people expect.

Go Celtics
      Go Irish
      Go Ravens

Comment

Chilo Rachal.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          erin henderson could go much higher then expected...

my boy quentin groves could go much highger then people expect, i can see as high as #7 to the pats...

expect cliff avril ot make a big jump on draft day as well.

I 100% agree with groves going much higher than anticipated but i think #9 to the bengals is the highest he will go.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
            I 100% agree with groves going much higher than anticipated but i think #9 to the bengals is the highest he will go.
            i think the thing is if the pats cant trade out of the #7 spot, thats teh position they will look to address, and something about the derrick harvey pick there doesnt fit right. i dunno why, i just dont like that pick. I think groves would be a much better fit in NE then harvey would. IMO anyways.

i dont think cincy is viable right now, considering the money they just put into the DE position in FA.

other possible landing destinations for groves are detroit at 15 if harvey is gone, and minnesota at 17. I think minny is a great fit...most people assume the vikes will go for someone like merling, but i think groves is more wat theyw ould be looking for, consierding hes a much better pass rusher then merling is. And the vikes lack pass rush, not run stopping DEs.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I think Antwan Molden is a guy that will go a lot higher than people expect. His stock is rising just at the right time and I think he will go above some of the more heralded corners.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Cliff Avril. He could go to someone like the 49ers if Groves and the top OTs are all gone by their pick. Possibly Trevor Laws, I've heard he's pretty high up on some teams big boards. Jordy Nelson, if someone from NFLDC becomes a real GM by the time of the draft.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm not on the Groves bandwagon, but I could see the Jaguars trading up for him or Derrick Harvey. They need that great pass rusher.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    I see where your coming from, but 12 is way to high for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
                      I see where your coming from, but 12 is way to high for him.
                      your right, it IS. thats why it would be a surprise hahaha. Denver has a need at DT, and its very likely that Ellis and Dorsey will be gone. I can see that pick, mike shanahan has never been afraid to make a controversial pick and reach a little. Remember maurice clarett?

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals59 View Post
                        What player could you see a certain team fall in love with and "reach" for in the first round?

Not much talk about Jerod Mayo and the Bengals but I have a feeling he'll be selected at the #9 spot. Marvin loves his fast, athletic linebackers...
                        Decent chance Keith Rivers could still be there if the Pats don't jump on him first.

Comment

Nobody is really talking about Dan Connor as a first round pick anymore

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

groves is one of the top 20 players in the draft.

Go Celtics
                            Go Irish
                            Go Ravens

Comment

This is my list:

Chio Rachel OG - Solid talent who could see round 1
                              Tyrell Johnson S - Just might be the 1st Safety off the board when all is said and done.
                              Dustin Keller TE - Another solid Talent
                              Trevor Laws DT - Somebody may fall in love with him
                              Chad Henne QB - Everybody but the pro scouts like him, could possibly go a lot higher than people expect.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information