Michael Oher Compared to Jake Long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Oher Compared to Jake Long

I know it is very early to start talking about the 09 draft but im just curious to see how Oher Compares to long...

In my opinion, had Oher come out this year, he would have been part of the second tier of offensive linemen who went in the teens. I think some people have overstated his potential a little bit. If he comes out at has the sort of senior campaign that Jake Long had last year, then we can start talking.

Comment

Oher could be a mix of Jake Long's run blocking and Clady's footwork. I think Oher could be a better prospect than Long but its more likely he will be in between Long and Clady, favorings Long's end.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

oher has better pass protection than long but long has better run blocking ability. i think the difference between the two is less far apart for oher than it is long.

Comment

Oher has an infinitely greater amount of potential, but he isn't nearly as polished.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Yeah, some will say Long has peaked or is much more polished than Oher.
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Oher could be Jason Peters. He could also be a complete bust. The thing to keep in mind there is that he's supposedly a very fragile person emotionally. If you handle him with care, he could be a franchise cornerstone. Just keep in mind that he could blow up in your hands.
              Right now, I don't buy into the top-5 type. He's simply not polished enough to take on the Wares, Allens, and Kerneys of the world. Let's see what Nutt does with him.

Comment

Should be a top 10 pick b/c of his potential. Andre Smith might challenge him for the top tackle spot if he can shed some weight and show his potential in his junior season. Same goes for Loadholt if he can improve over his lousy bowl performance.

Comment

I think Oher will fall because his stock is peaking at the wrong time, just like Quinn, Brohm, Sam Baker and Kenny Phillips. The draft is all about timing ask OJ Mayo or Branden Albert.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                    I think Oher will fall because his stock is peaking at the wrong time, just like Quinn, Brohm, Sam Baker and Kenny Phillips. The draft is all about timing ask OJ Mayo or Branden Albert.
                    Jake Long's stock was enough last year to make him a top 10 pick, he stayed the same stockwise.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                      When Oher declared he was a late first round pick, and that was before the combine. If he had a great combine, there is no doubt in my mine he would have gone in the top 5-10. The Chiefs could have taken him instead of Dorsey.

Comment

Well, the GBN just put out a preliminary mock for the 2009 draft which lists Oher behind Smith(Alabama). I don't think Oher is quite as good a prospect as Long because Long had about as high a character rating as you can get and I don't think Oher does. Oher is still a top 5 prospect as of now but we all know that come next year's draft anything can happen so I won't take it too seriouisly until I see Oher play as a senior.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2009projection.html
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          Well, the GBN just put out a preliminary mock for the 2009 draft which lists Oher behind Smith(Alabama). I don't think Oher is quite as good a prospect as Long because Long had about as high a character rating as you can get and I don't think Oher does. Oher is still a top 5 prospect as of now but we all know that come next year's draft anything can happen so I won't take it too seriouisly until I see Oher play as a senior.

Don't show that to T24L, he'll go insane with happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post

15 Tampa Bay *George Selvie DE South Florida

I just ruined my entire wardrobe.

Comment

he is going to masturbate to that........again

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information