X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consider this

Originally posted by JBond93
    Buffalo: A

One of my favorite drafts. McKelvin, Hardy and Ellis could all come in and start and filled some major holes. Though I'm not a huge fan of Corner and Fine, both have niches that may fit into Buffalo. I think Omon and Bell were great late rounders. Great draft.

1. Leodis McKelvin CB/Troy
    2. James Hardy WR/Indiana
    3. Chris Ellis DE/Virginia Tech
    4. Reggie Corner CB/Akron
    4. Derek Fine TE/Kansas
    5. Alvin Bowen LB/Iowa State
    6. Xavier Omon RB/Northwest Missouri State
    7. Demetrius Bell OT/Northwestern State
    7. Steve Johnson WR/Kentucky
    7. Kenard Cox CB/Pitt
    That is a solid draft class for a young team on the merge of becomming a team that could contend for 11 wins.

I almost forgot that Puz should be considered a rookie. So add in the 2nd rounder in Puz and they could have one of if not the best draft class this year.

I almost forgot that he missed all of the regular season.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

There's no doubt that the Bills are prime for making that next step, but it all rests on the shoulders of Trent Edwards because I think that defense will be solid and they have a real nice running game.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If we get quell any injuries we definitely have a Wild Card shot. The Bills had the most players on the PUP list and the IR last year.

The league takes us foregranted and we'll have to beat that. We haven't made the playoffs since 1999 and it's something we'll have to overcome.

There still is a few pieces missing, but they'll be put together over the next two years.

MESSAGE TO NFL: We're Contenders. Don't **** with Buffalo :P

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
        If we get quell any injuries we definitely have a Wild Card shot. The Bills had the most players on the PUP list and the IR last year.

The league takes us foregranted and we'll have to beat that. We haven't made the playoffs since 1999 and it's something we'll have to overcome.

There still is a few pieces missing, but they'll be put together over the next two years.

MESSAGE TO NFL: We're Contenders. Don't **** with Buffalo :P

word up fischy plus rep!
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

You know what is funny on NFL live they regraded the draft class three years ago. The team that got a C the Chargers now deseves and A, and the Cowboys got a B+ also now gets an A.

Some of the teams that got an A actually did pretty crappy in that draft, well didn't get the stars they wanted. One team was the Eagles with Patterson and Brown that year.

You can think you have a good draft now but three years from now you may not have such a great draft class.

Comment

It all depends on a number of factors. It definitely looks good now, though, and it's not a stretch to say the Bills could win nine or so games this year.

Comment

The pieces are definitely in place for Buffalo, like it said before it all depends on Edwards at QB. They've got a lot of young talent to work with.

-RB: Marshawn Lynch/Fred Jackson
              -WR: Lee Evans/Josh Reed/James Hardy/James Hardy
              -TE: Robert Royal/Courtney Anderson
              -OL: Peters/Dockery/Fowler/Butler/Walker (not sure about Butler/Fowler)

-DE: Schoebel/Kelsay/Ellis
              -DT: Stroud/McCargo/Spencer Johnson/Kyle Williams
              -WLB: Kawika Mitchell/Kevin Ellison
              -MLB: Puz
              -SLB: Angelo Crowell
              -CB: McKelvin/McGee/Youboty/Jabari Greer/Reggie Corner
              -FS: Ko
              -SS: Whitner

That is a lot of young talent and they could be a player in the AFC.

Comment

I agree. I said the other day that I really loved the Bills draft, and a couple days later, I still do. In fact, I think it may be the best overall draft this year, in regards to meeting team needs and getting value. I find it funny that the pundits aren't all that huge on it. They addressed their two big needs (CB/WR). More importantly, they played the media. It seemed fairly apparent they were overselling on Devin Thomas, but even till the last days, you heard folks say stuff about how they talked themselves into a WR and had to take one. Huh? (On a side note, it would've been itneresting if Harvey had fallen what their decision would've been.)

They added a potential pass rushe rin Ellis. I think Jauron is the type of coach Ellis needs, someone to support him but be firm. Kelsay's contract goes up by a bit after next year, so Ellis could be in line to take his place if he plays well. Reggie Corner had risen late, and was fine value there, although Fine was probably a smidge high, but nothing to get worked up about. And Fine was a need, as they could use another TE option.

Their last 4 picks all offer value and some upside. In particular, Cox, who could end up providing them needed S depth. Bell is a nice project. I'm not sure Omon beats out Wright, but who knows. Certianly offers nice depth. Bowen is an interesting guy. Undersized, not exactly top athletc gifts, but rangy and aggressive. At worst, seems like solid depth.

Now, this is't to say this team will definitely move forward. As we've seen with teams that have risen to this level, the next step is always the hardest. Everything comes down to Schonert and Edwards. Can they put it together? Because they'll need more from the passing game this year. Defensively, it's an unknown if Stroud can be the monster they need. That said, all in all, superb offseason for them.

Comment

reggie corner in the 4th? i dont know about that

Go Celtics
                  Go Irish
                  Go Ravens

Comment

Corner will be great, most definitely an important part of the secondary. I guarantee it lordquas, I'm advocating it as a steal

Both management and the coaching staff are behind Edwards 100% and I think he has a breakthrough year in 2008.

TE is a problem. Fine is not the answer, and Royal has fallen out of favor. That is the number one need right now. We'll spring for Chase Coffman or Cornelius Ingram next year probably. I would really want Andrew Quarless shall he declare.

Toonster, you're right, the fate of the defense rests solely in the hands of Marcus Stroud.

Comment

Buffalo is definitely on their way up. At first glance, this year's schedule isn't nearly as brutal as last year's schedule. I agree that Edwards will be the key to their season. If the rookies, especially Hardy, can contribute right away, they can be tough to deal with.

Comment

You know, the Packers drafting of Brian Brohm late in the 2nd reminded me of the Bills drafting Trent Edwards late in the 3rd in '07. Which was a great pick for the Bills, because they are in much better hands with Edwards at the helm. He tailed off a bit last year, and the offense as a whole struggled, but Edwards showed great flashes. Devilvering the ball accurately and with a quick release.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Packers' pick fared similarly for the team, although certainly I regard Aaron Rodgers more highly than I do Losman at the current moment.

The one thing I wonder is if Buffalo might have got ansy with the TE pick, maybe they were hoping Jacob Tamme would fall to their pick in the 4th but the Colts took him before that. Of course if Fine works out, then no matter.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                          reggie corner in the 4th? i dont know about that
                          There were several boards that projected him in the 4th/5th, so I don't see a big issue with the value there. He had a real solid season, but wasn't really talked about due to school and size. But he's got hands, instincts, he's willing to tackle. Is he going to be a stud? Probably not, but he could be a very solid guy for him. Solid numbers, btw, for those that are interested in that.

Comment

I don't know... They have some good players, but I can't really see them as contenders at this point in time... To me, they're already 0-2 (they play the pats twice) and I can't see them go 10 and 4 the rest of the way.

If edwards develops into a very good Qb and all these guys pan out, maybe they'll be contenders in 2009, but right now, I'd take the jets over the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                              There were several boards that projected him in the 4th/5th, so I don't see a big issue with the value there. He had a real solid season, but wasn't really talked about due to school and size. But he's got hands, instincts, he's willing to tackle. Is he going to be a stud? Probably not, but he could be a very solid guy for him. Solid numbers, btw, for those that are interested in that.
                              4 year starter.

First team MAC at CB

Third best prospect in the conference IMO behind Lichtensteiger and Louis Delmas this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information