Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian Cushing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brian Cushing

    What do you guys think of Brian Cushing as a prospect? Coming out of High School, he put up some ridiculous numbers with a 4.51 40, 38 Bench Reps and a 40" vertical. Has played SLB and stand-up DE for USC, but seems versatile enough to play any LB spot in a 4-3 or 3-4. Injuries seem to be the only thing holding him back as he's had knee surgery and sat out some of 2007 with an ankle injury that hasn't quite gone away. Still won Rose Bowl D-MVP after the ankle. But with a solid Senior season and a great Combine, I could see him going in the top 10. If things play out, USC's defense could potentially have 3 Top 10 picks in Cushing, Maualuga, and Mays.

  • #2
    those are some big what ifs
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      id say that all three SC players listed arent worth top 10, but id add another to that list of potential 1st rounders next year. Fili Moala. I actually think that him or Maualuga will go in the teens and Cushing and Mays will be borderline 1st-2nds

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, I completely forgot about Moala, who is a better prospect than any of them right now. I'm not saying that any of the other 3 will be going, but they all have skill sets that could potentially have teams drooling next year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fuzzy Dunlop View Post
          What do you guys think of Brian Cushing as a prospect? Coming out of High School, he put up some ridiculous numbers with a 4.51 40, 38 Bench Reps and a 40" vertical. Has played SLB and stand-up DE for USC, but seems versatile enough to play any LB spot in a 4-3 or 3-4. Injuries seem to be the only thing holding him back as he's had knee surgery and sat out some of 2007 with an ankle injury that hasn't quite gone away. Still won Rose Bowl D-MVP after the ankle. But with a solid Senior season and a great Combine, I could see him going in the top 10. If things play out, USC's defense could potentially have 3 Top 10 picks in Cushing, Maualuga, and Mays.
          Too many good players out there for these 3 to go in the top 10 but top 20 isnt out of the question and add Moala as was mentioned.

          Cushing probably isnt running 4.5 anymore having gained about 25 lbs since highschool, but to me he is the most instinctive of all their linebackers there and that includes Rivers. Chris Galipo was great in the spring game so there is more help down on the farm.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm really far from sold on Moala. I think people are overstating his ability.

            Cushing is an interesting prospect to be sure, but so much will depend which direction he step in this year. If he can get over his injury and makes plays while lining up next to Maualuga, he a definite threat for the first round.

            Comment


            • #7
              Mays has top 10 potential, and will likely put up insane numbers at the combine if he decides to leave early. I think Rey will a borderline top 10 pick and I think he'll be the first LB taken in next years draft. Cushing is probably best suited to be in a 3-4 as a hybrid so I don't see him going as high because he doesn't fit in as many teams systems but I think he's a mid to later first round pick. Moala probably goes the highest of all somewhere in the top 10 and potentially even top 5 depending on how this year goes.

              Comment


              • #8
                I love this year's USC prospects. I would take Maualuga, Cushing, or Mays in a heartbeat in the 1st round. If Maualuga had come out, he would have replaced Jerod Mayo at #10 to the Patriots, I am positive of that! That being said, Cushing is my FAVORITE prospect for the class of 2009. If the Dolphins get him next year I will be VERY happy. This guy is a beast. He is big enough and fast enough to play any linebacker position in any system, 4-3 or 3-4, in the NFL.

                Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like him a lot.

                  Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    I'm really far from sold on Moala. I think people are overstating his ability.

                    Cushing is an interesting prospect to be sure, but so much will depend which direction he step in this year. If he can get over his injury and makes plays while lining up next to Maualuga, he a definite threat for the first round.
                    Agreed on Moala. I've never been impressed with him and frankly I would be shocked if he doesn't end up going on the first day when all is said and done. IMO Peria Jerry, Jeff Owens, Vance Walker, BJ Raji, and Demarcus Granger ( I know he's not a senior next year but I really really doubt he will stick around for his senior year) are all better prospects.
                    Last edited by Solomon; 04-30-2008, 10:56 AM.
                    10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cushing will be the top OLB next year. I think Maulaluga gets drafted before him though, probably in the top 10 but Cushing should be gone inside the top 20. Linebacker class looks pretty good next year.

                      Sig by Eaglez.Fan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        With the importance of NT rising as well as the number of teams running the 3-4 I could easily see Moala going in the 1st. He has the build, far superior strength and athleticism than Raji, Walker, and Owens, and he's from USC is who are known to produce some pretty good defensive players, Polynesian defensive players too.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          injuries might hurt Brian's stock a little, but if he can stay healthy all of this season then he shouldn't have to worry about falling out of the top 20 or top 25. He can play SLB or MLB in a 4-3 and can play inside or out (though probably inside being much much more likely) in a 3-4.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Cushing, Maualuga, and Mays i feel will all we first roudn picks


                            "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

                            Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                            Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                            "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              injuries might hurt Brian's stock a little, but if he can stay healthy all of this season then he shouldn't have to worry about falling out of the top 20 or top 25. He can play SLB or MLB in a 4-3 and can play inside or out (though probably inside being much much more likely) in a 3-4.
                              He looks a little soft now. He has always had the roid rumor with him. And he isn't going to time well in my opinion. He is a borderline first rounder I think.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information