Mario Manningham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Manningham

I know a lot of people like him but he just screams bust to me, he's an idiot, he's soft and he completely lacks focus. Last WR I hated this much was Sinorice Moss, another Giants' bust, and he reminds me so much of a more polished route running Tim Carter.

He's a thrid round pick, so that is why I really don't care much if he plays like crap. It was a luxury pick for the Giants. He has the physical tools to succeed, but if he doesn't so what. I really don't care enough if he pays like crap because at the end of the day, he won't be much more than a #4 WR this year and possibly #3 next year.

We traded up in the 2nd to get Moss, so that is the difference between these two picks. We gave up a lot to get Moss, who more or less sucks. But with Mario, we already addressed our 2 positions of need in the first and second round, so the 3rd was BPA and Mario was there.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

It's hardly the worst pick in the world, to take him at the end of the 3rd to see if he can potentially flourish. He was the big man on the Michigan campus but now he's in a pro locker room which can teach him how to be a successful pro, after having been a successful college player.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

My problem is that as a defending superbowl champs we should address our lack of oline depth so that we are better prepared for injuries in our attempts to repeat.

Comment

I think they would have been much better off going for Dan Connor. He would have been a great addition to that defense to wait in the wings behind Pierce.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
            I think they would have been much better off going for Dan Connor. He would have been a great addition to that defense to wait in the wings behind Pierce.
            Jonathan Goff > Dan Connor at MIKE.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

It's very early to be calling Moss a bust. He's still progressing, and when he came out, it was widely known that he'd take time. While his chances don't look fantastic, don't give up on the kid yet. Also, we're on the same page about Manningham.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Even as a Michigan fan, I can't say I like Manningham because of his intelligence/attitude. However, he has a tremendous ceiling and is absolutely a steal in the late 3rd. You should be happy with the pick.
                I'm a state.

Comment

Manningham has all the physical tools to be a complete steal its just his alarming character issues and intelligence. This is fine value for the giants in my opinion; I was really hoping he wouldn't get picked in this division.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

I definitely like Manningham more in the 3rd round then when he was getting 1st round talk. I am also of the opinion that this draft class was packed enough at receiver to warrant passing on a guy who's really botched up the offseason process. However, if a team stays on the kid and pushes his buttons, he has all the talent to be a nice receiver in the NFL.

Comment

I really really like the pick. Yes he is inconsistant and has character issues, but if you watched him play you know that everytime he got the ball in his hands he was a tremendous threat to take it to the endzone.

I really like how he gets seperation and works the double moves, he may not have that great speed (40 time) but he shows great burst coming in and out of his breaks, which i preferr getting over a really fast WR of the same caliber who cant do that.

He also has great vision, if its not there, he looks somewhere else before he takes it out of bounds. Moss usually catches the ball and tries to get out of bounds, where the best part of his game is the ROC so he's really hurting himself by doing that.

Manningham will not be a starter and will not be our #3, but there is a good chance he gains the #4 spot and takes the role of #1 or #2 if Plax or Toomer get injured.

Comment

Mario adds a great deep threat dimension to the Giants offense. He never averaged less than 16 ypc at Michigan, and don't even try that ******** "He only runs deep routes" crap because that's all it is, crap. He's very productive and could be a major steal.

Comment

The thing that'll kill his shot is the bright lights on NY.

He couldn't stay out of trouble in humble ann arbor, imagine what will tempt him in the big apple

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

No, a thousand times no to Connor.

Comment

Finally someone says it; this kid was having problems in Michigan and now you put him in New York? I don't have a problem with the sweet cheeba, but I'm not a professional athlete either.

That said, expectations are low. He doesn't break past Plax, Toomer or Smith, and I'll bet money the G-men try and get David Tyree some more exposure this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information