Name Top 2009 Prospects from your Fav. College Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Top 2009 Prospects from your Fav. College Team

Top 3-5 players from your college team that could be big time come next April and why?

For me, Fav. team = FSU (I gave 6 people because I am a homer)

S Myron Rolle - Automatic 1st rnder - People who have S's above him will change their mind by season's end.

WR Greg Carr - 6'6 TD Monster - Will be looked at the same way as Hardy and has developed the short route as well

DT Paul Griffin - The next 1ST ROUND DT from FSU - The kid is a monster but has been hurt and will take it to the next level - Also a workout freak, He benched more reps than Gholston at our Spring workouts.

RB Antone Smith - Terrific speed and strength - Only 5'9 but can bench over 400LBS for an example of his strength - Will be the first FSU RB since Dunn to go over 1000 yds if he stays healthy - Had 800+ and Missed 2 1/2 games last season

ILB Derek Nicholson - Better than his brother AJ and no baggage unlike his brother..Terrific Tackler (Not a playmaker like Ernie Sims though, more like a Buster Davis who will rack up the tackles and always around the Ball)

DE Everette Brown - Hybrid DE that will rival Kamerion Wimbley when he came out after his senior year - Terrific sack artist (down year with 6 last year) but also very good at stopping the run..

Players to watch : Dekoda Watson, Tony Carter, Corey Surrency (Juco)

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
    "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Originally posted by BallerT1215 View Post
    Players to watch : Dekoda Watson, Tony Carter, Corey Surrency (Juco)

You should add my boy Tavares Pressely RB, from the same JUCO as Surrency

Comment

worrell williams
      syd'quan thompson
      zack follett
      anthony felder
      alex mack

Comment

Sergio Kindle easily...I always have one Longhorn I really love each draft, Finley was the guy this past draft, next year its Kindle...He has all the tools you want in a LB, he was a beast at RB and Safety in high school, just an incredible athlete and I love him as a prospect.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Obvious ones from Mizzou....

FS William Moore
          QB Chase Daniel
          WR Jeremy Maclin
          TE Chase Coffman

Names everyone will know by the end of the season....

CB Carl Gettis
          LB Sean Weatherspoon
          WR Denario Alexander

Comment

Likely draftees.

1. Brian Cushing (SLB) Senior
            2. Rey Maualuga (MLB) Senior
            3. Taylor Mays (FS) Junior
            4. Clay Matthews (DE/OLB) Senior
            5. Fili Moala (DT) Senior
            6. Cary Harris (CB) Senior
            7. Kevin Ellison (SS) Senior
            8. Kyle Moore (DE) Senior
            9. Josh Pinkard (CB/S) Senior
            10. Jeff Byers (OG) Senior
            11. Kaluka Maiava (WLB) Senior
            12. Patrick Turner (WR) Senior

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

FS William Moore
              QB Chase Daniel
              WR Jeremy Maclin
              TE Chase Coffman

CB Carl Gettis
              LB Sean Weatherspoon
              WR Denario Alexander
              I've been really impressed with DT Evander Hood when healthy. DE Stryker Sulak is also an intriguing prospect for the later rounds.
              10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

for psu

Andrew Quarless - TE - JR
                Derrick Williams - WR - SR
                Maurice Evans - DE - JR

And Sean Lee is out for the year and will most likely RS, or else he would easily top this list.

Comment

OSU

Sammie Stroughter
                  Jerremy Perry
                  Al Afalava
                  Victor Butler
                  Brandon Hughes
                  Someone will get conned into picking up Keenan Lewis.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                  The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                  I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Travis Beckum is probably the Badgers' lone day 1 prospect right now. I don't think we really have any athletic freaks, either (we ARE Wisconsin, after all) so I doubt anyone else will jump into that round 1/2 discussion. We have lots of mid day 2 guys, though.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

For Rutgers, same situation as usual - a lot of late-rounder/sleeper talent:

SS Courtney Greene - the lone first day prospect
                      WR Tiquan Underwood - could be first day with a big senior season
                      QB Mike Teel
                      DE Jamaal Westerman

Comment

DT Jeff Owens - 6'3 298 - A 2nd/3rd round pick

FB Brannon Southerland - 6'0 240 - Excellent blocker and short yardage back should be the #1 FB

OLB/ILB - Dannell Ellerbee - 6'1 232 - Had 93 tackles, 12. TFL, 4.5 sacks in first year starting

WR Mohamed Massaquoi - 6'2 198 - Not a elite prospect, but should get drafted

TE Tripp Chandler - 6'6 263 - Struggled with drops early on, but improved by mid season

S C.J Byrd - 6'2 193 - Former 5 star recruit who started for the 1st time last year. He needs to make more plays to help his draft stock

DE Jeremy Lomax - 6'4 247 - He turned it around last year and is the favorite to replace Marcus Howard.

*QB Matthew Stafford - 6'3 237 -

**HB Knowshon Moreno - 5'11 207 -

*CB Asher Allen - 5'10 190 -very good tackler could leave after next year

*DT Geno Atkins - 6'1 290 - Had 14.5 TFL and 7.5 sacks from the DT position and only started half the games

*DT Kade Weston - 6'5 315 - Has a NFL body doubtful he comes out next year

**S Reshard Jones - 6'2 203 - A guy nobody knows yet but he should have a breakout year. He had 57 tackles, 2 interceptions as a backup last year.

* junior
                        ** redshirt sophmore

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

FS William Moore
                          QB Chase Daniel
                          WR Jeremy Maclin
                          TE Chase Coffman

CB Carl Gettis
                          LB Sean Weatherspoon
                          WR Denario Alexander
                          Hell yah Mizzou, I think Weatherspoon is going to shoot up draft boards
                          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

S Patrick Chung-

This 4-year starter is a very experienced, intelligent leader who has ideal size and athleticism for the pro game. A coaches-player who learns quickly and knows what's expected of him. Leads by example. Not flashy. Could play either Safety position, but his talents would probably be best utilized at SS. His perceived speed will ultimately determine how far he ascends draft boards. Probably a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.

LT Fenuki Tupou-

Playing in his first full season at the D1 level this past year, Tupou steadily went from good to great over the course of the season. With excellent size and above-average athleticism, Tupou's ceiling is very high. Those who view George Selvie as a top prospect need to take a look at the tape of last year's Sun Bowl. There's no limit on how high this guy's stock could rise over the course of next season. This is the guy that hardcore draft-niks should have their eye on next year when they watch Duck games.

C Max Unger-

This guy is well known and can play any position on the line. Played LT for two years before being moved to center by necessity. Often moves on to make a second block after taking his man out of the play. Understands leverage and what it takes to create large holes. Whether he ends up being selected as a ZBS LT or a Center, he will surely excel at the next level. One of the most athletic and intelligent linemen in all of college football. Could improve a bit as a leader out there. Still has a bit to learn at the Center position when it comes to calling his reads, which is understandable considering '07 was the first time he ever played the position. His projected draft position will obviously depend on what position teams are projecting him for. Could go as high as the first, but I think 2nd or 3rd is more likely. Very versatile, safe pick, but some mocksters are probably overrating his stock a bit as of now. I saw one that had him going top 10. Not gonna happen.

RB Jeremiah Johnson-

Despite playing beneath the shadow cast by Jonathan Stewart for the past few years, many who follow the Ducks closely feel as though Johnson is actually the better fit for the Oregon offense. No question Stewart is the better overall back and NFL prospect, but Johnson is quicker and has shown better ability to play in space. Outstanding jukes/agility. Loves to utilize a lethal stiffarm. Runs with ferocity and a sense of urgency. Is very aware of his surroundings and anticipates contact well. Can be impatient at times when it comes to waiting for his blocks to develop. Missed much of '07 with a torn ACL but is recovering nicely. Will be featured heavily in '08, and has been quoted as saying that he plans to run with more power, especially in the redzone. It's tough to project how scouts will see him, but I do know that he's faster than Stewart so you can count on something in the 4.4's at the combine. If Felix can go in rd1, so can Johnson. But I think he's likely to fall to the 3rd or somewhere thereabouts. His stock seems very fluid at this point. Won't put up huge numbers this year unless Blount goes down.

WR Jaison Williams-

The most frustrating player on our team this past year, Jaison has a rare combination of size and speed. He gets open with ease, but has struggled mightily with his hands and concentration. When he does manage to bring the ball in, he does a very good job of picking up extra yardage. Very tough to tackle, and deceptively fast. Route-running could use some work, but he innovates well and is often open multiple times on the same play. His ability to create separation will help propel him to the top of this WR class. Can make a lot of money this year if he can overcome the dropsies. In short, his strengths/weaknesses are similar to those of Terrell Owens.

Comment

i really like patrick chung, i was dissapointed he didn't come out this year

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information