Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio St at USC 9/13/08..How many first rounders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio St at USC 9/13/08..How many first rounders?

I was looking at the prospects for next year. And, this game might be shaping up as an all-timer. Kind of like the 87 Florida St/Miami game for us old enough to remember. Could there be 10 1st rounders in 09 draft on the field?

USC
    B.Cushing - OLB
    R.Maualuga - ILB
    T. Mays - S
    F. Moala - DT
    K.Moore - DE

OSU
    M.Jenkins - CB
    A.Boone - T
    C Wells - RB
    J.Laurinaitis - ILB
    B.Robiskie - WR

Some other guys too like Boeckman, P.Turner, J.O'Neal, C.Harris, K.Ellison.
    I see some guys sliding like Moore and Robiskie. Doubt if they are 1st rounders. But, some early projections have them there. Of course, injuries could factor into it. But, this seems like it's going to be a great game. Might end up 3-0 from looking at all of the defensive talent on the field.

USC:
    Moala
    Cushing
    Maualuga
    Mays

OSU:
    Jenkins
    Laurenaitis
    Wells

Doubt any others crack 1st round.
    I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
      USC:
      s

Doubt any others crack 1st round.

Some thought A.Boone would have been a 1st rounder this year. 09 is shaping up as a good year for ol. But, I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Comment

That will be a good game. Not just from a draft standpoint but from a college football fan standpoint. Two of the best teams in the nation. Looking forward to it.

Goal Line Blitz
        Good football RPG for the off days.

Comment

i say 8, and 4 from each
          not Robiskie or Moore

Sig by BoneKrusher
          Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Comment

Stafon Johnson, Mark Sanchez could both be first rounders as well
            Last edited by JeffSamardzijaIRISH; 03-08-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Marcus Freeman could crack the first round If He has a good year, otherwise he will be a second rounder. And if osu's underclass men Donald Washington, Chimdi Chekwa, Robert Rose and Lawernce Wilson all declare they will have a possibility of 9 first rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                Stafon Johnson, Matt Sanchez could both be first rounders as well
                Sanchez?? really the QB? i highly doubt that.

Comment

I doubt it too. You also have his name wrong. His name is Mark Sanchez.

Goal Line Blitz
                  Good football RPG for the off days.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                    Stafon Johnson, Matt Sanchez could both be first rounders as well

If he plays up to his potential, most certainly will be. And if he decides to leave early, he could be the dark horse for the top Qb taken in the 09 draft, in a weak year for that position.

One thing is for sure, there will be loads of talent on that field for sure. I count as many as many as 9 first day guys on USC's side: Moala, Turner, Cushing, Maualuga, Mays, Moore, Ellison, Sanchez, & Johnson.

On Ohio States side I say as many as 8: Laurinaitis, Freeman, Beanie, Robiskie, Boeckman, Jenkins, Boone, & Rehring.

I'm just saying first day, and with a best-case-scenario for both teams. Obviously this will probably be a little off in the end, but the potential is certainly there. For the 1st round in '09, I will go with Mays, Cushing, Maualuga, Moala, Jenkins, Robiskie, Beanie, Laurinaitis, & Boone. So 8 total in that game would be my guess for now.
                    Last edited by thebow305; 05-03-2008, 09:53 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

DE Lawrence Wilson was expected to have a better year than Gholston in '07 and then a broken leg earned him a redshirt. So don't sleep on LW...If he has the year everyone is expecting, he could be a high pick.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernComfort View Post
                        DE Lawrence Wilson was expected to have a better year than Gholston in '07 and then a broken leg earned him a redshirt. So don't sleep on LW...If he has the year everyone is expecting, he could be a high pick.
                        Wow, forgot about him! Nice call! Doug Worthington is another name worth paying attention to.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Coming from a Buckeye fan I believe James Laurinaitis, Chris Wells and Alex Boone are all overrated.

Chris Wells = 20-30 pick range
                          Laurinaitis = Late 1st/Early 2nd
                          Alex Boone = 2nd rounder

Malcolm Jenkins has all the tools to be a very dominate corner in the pros, however, he always takes waaaay to many Gambles and gets burnt because of it. With him it is high risk high reward on every single passing play. He never plays it safe, but he can get you that game changing turnover at any given time too. He should be pushing for a Top 10 selection probably somewhere between 8-16

Lawrence Wilson has talent to be a stud DE and first rounder, but teams will have to get over his broken leg early last season. If he proves it on the field this year teams should be all over this guy.

Brian Robiskie just makes plays. He is not a stand out athlete, overly hard working, super studious of the game, or great tech technician; however, he just makes plays. I think he should be an early to mid 2nd rounder

Chimdi Chekwa is another guy I believe has 1st round abilities on the Buckeyes. He is only a rsSophmore though, so I don't think he will come out this year.

Marcus Freeman will hit like a ton of bricks and has all the athletic ability to be a stud LB inside or outside, but for some reason he just can't put it together mentally. If he gets it down this year he might be able to slip into the same range as Laurinaitis, but more than likely late 2nd to early 4th for him.

Anderson Russell and Donald Washington are both going to get themselves noticed at the saftey position as well.

Comment

I talked to Chim, he def. isn't coming out this year, FYI.

And Boone is a LT, you know how those guys rise come draft day...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              I talked to Chim, he def. isn't coming out this year, FYI.

And Boone is a LT, you know how those guys rise come draft day...
                              Awesome. I want him to stay, but I still think he has first round talent.

Offensive Tackles don't rise just because, and this year was just a freak year. Remember 2006 ?? All the offensive tackles took a big dive. Something like 5 predicted 1st rounders and we ended up having only one at 4th overall.

Alex Boone is a very good run blockers and he can dominate a bull rush type DE, but he is too heavy footed and looks lost against anyone who has any type of quickness or speed off the edge. I'd actually look for him to end up playing RT in the big leagues.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information