Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Stafford, Qb Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • im going to have to disagree on freeman. he threw more oin target lasers in tight spots than anyone not even close. he definitely has the best throwing arm. has the best body. just as athletic as tebow as far as throwing on the move and far better at it. plays in an nfl offense under center and can throw from under center. if i was to name a #1 overall pick right now i think hed be it. sanchez and stafford are kind of the same player. overrated arm, undersize, just happen to play on a good team. but better nfl wise than tebow

    Comment


    • Stafford is so inconsistent at this point that I personally wouldnt touch him till the 2nd round but I'm sure teams will fall in love with his "potential" and draft him top 10.


      Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

      Comment


      • How are Mark Sanchez and Stafford undersized? They're both 6'3 225ish.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

        Comment


        • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          How are Mark Sanchez and Stafford undersized? They're both 6'3 225ish.
          I'd say 6'2", which IMO is undersized.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

          Next Up: 2012

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            I'd say 6'2", which IMO is undersized.
            I wouldn't say undersized, but both are very average. We've just been spoiled by Russell, Ryan, Flacco, and all these other 'big' guys.

            Comment


            • They're both listed as 6'3 and IMO that's just fine. Hell, there's a lot of good 6'2 QB's in the league as well.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

              Comment


              • Matt Stafford is incredibly overrated. He hasn't been able to do anything to suggest to me that he has more than just tools. Late first round value at this point.

                2006 vs. SEC

                South Carolina - 8/19, 171 yards, 3 INT
                Mississippi - 7/18, 91 yards
                Tennessee - 2/5, 11 yards, INT
                Vanderbilt - 9/13, 86 yards
                Miss. St. - 20/32, 267 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
                Florida - 13/33, 151 yards, 2 INT
                Kentucky - 16/28, 230 yards, TD, 3 INT
                Auburn - 14/20, 219 yards, TD

                Bowl (not included): Virginia Tech - 9/21, 129 yards, TD, INT

                Yards per game: 152.7
                TD: 6
                INT: 12

                2007 vs. SEC

                South Carolina - 19/44, 213 yards, INT
                Alabama - 19/35, 224 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
                Mississippi - 13/21, 144 yards, TD
                Tennessee - 16/33, 174 yards, 2 TD, INT
                Vanderbilt - 16/31, 201 yards, TD
                Florida - 11/18, 217 yards, 3 TD, INT
                Auburn - 11/19, 237 yards, 2 TD, INT
                Kentucky - 12/22, 99 yards, 2 INT

                Bowl (not included): Hawaii - 14/23, 175 yards, TD, INT

                Yards per game: 188.6
                TD: 11
                INT: 8

                So that's a total of 17 TDs and 20 INTs over two seasons vs. SEC opponents. Additionally, he averages less than 200 yards per game. Keep in mind this guy plays for one of the best teams in the league. I don't see the production there to suggest he would play well against NFL defenses.

                Comment


                • You can't view a players NFL stock based just on stats espically when you look at his overall stats when he was true freshman starting in the SEC. What you will not see on those stats are him padding it agianst weak teams. He is a much better QB now then he was his freshman and sophmore year. Today he had 10 incomplete passes and atleast 4 of those was drops by the WR and another one was basically thrown away. Even though he plays with a top ranked team his WR have been one of the worst groups in the SEC. Also the OL has been anything special. I'm not saying he is a finished product, but he still has 2 years to meet the expections
                  Last edited by georgiafan; 09-13-2008, 10:27 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                    You can't view a players NFL stock based just on stats espically when you look at his overall stats when he was true freshman starting in the SEC. What you will not see on those stats are him padding it agianst weak teams.
                    True, stats aren't the only measure. But if you're an NFL team that's going to be drafting a player in the first round and paying them (if Stafford is drafted where expected) $50-70 million, you want them to at least have been a top college player as well. Matt Stafford wouldn't even make my top 10 list of college quarterbacks at this point. Could he be a great pro? Sure he could. But I doubt it happens unless he shows marked improvement. At this stage, he's a potential first round pick, but I don't take unproductive players in the first round.

                    About the weak teams...you're right, he wasn't that good against those, either.

                    Comment


                    • I still don't get the hype Stafford gets. He's so overrated it's pathetic.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I still don't get the hype Stafford gets. He's so overrated it's pathetic.
                        No offense but you obviously cant judge talent at the QB position.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          No offense but you obviously cant judge talent at the QB position.
                          No offense taken, since I think you're the one you obviously can't judge talent at the QB position.

                          Now I didn't say he's a bad QB. But I did say he's grossly overrated.

                          This is why he gets hyped:

                          1. He has prototypical size that scouts love.
                          2. He has an over the top throwing motion.
                          3. He's on a good team.
                          4. He's young and scouts think he's moldable.
                          5. He plays against top competition.

                          This is what people overlook that make him overhyped.

                          1. He has mediocre vision/QB instincts.
                          2. His TD/INT ratio is horrendous.
                          3. Georgia has(and has had) a great running game that takes a lot of pressure of Stafford.
                          4. When teams scheme to stop Georgia, they think about stopping the run.
                          5. Stafford has proven to be nothing but a bus driver QB so far.


                          He still has time to show more, but as of right now, he's overrated. Tell me why he's not.

                          Comment


                          • It's alright D, the majority of us know Sanchez is the better QB prospect by now anyways ..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              No offense taken, since I think you're the one you obviously can't judge talent at the QB position.

                              Now I didn't say he's a bad QB. But I did say he's grossly overrated.

                              This is why he gets hyped:

                              1. He has prototypical size that scouts love.
                              2. He has an over the top throwing motion.
                              3. He's on a good team.
                              4. He's young and scouts think he's moldable.
                              5. He plays against top competition.

                              This is what people overlook that make him overhyped.

                              1. He has mediocre vision/QB instincts.
                              2. His TD/INT ratio is horrendous.
                              3. Georgia has(and has had) a great running game that takes a lot of pressure of Stafford.
                              4. When teams scheme to stop Georgia, they think about stopping the run.
                              5. Stafford has proven to be nothing but a bus driver QB so far.


                              He still has time to show more, but as of right now, he's overrated. Tell me why he's not.
                              And I agree with everything you just said

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                No offense taken, since I think you're the one you obviously can't judge talent at the QB position.

                                Now I didn't say he's a bad QB. But I did say he's grossly overrated.

                                This is why he gets hyped:

                                1. He has prototypical size that scouts love.
                                2. He has an over the top throwing motion.
                                3. He's on a good team.
                                4. He's young and scouts think he's moldable.
                                5. He plays against top competition.

                                This is what people overlook that make him overhyped.

                                1. He has mediocre vision/QB instincts.
                                2. His TD/INT ratio is horrendous.
                                3. Georgia has(and has had) a great running game that takes a lot of pressure of Stafford.
                                4. When teams scheme to stop Georgia, they think about stopping the run.
                                5. Stafford has proven to be nothing but a bus driver QB so far.


                                He still has time to show more, but as of right now, he's overrated. Tell me why he's not.
                                I like your reply, well thought out. Regardless of our dissagreement he will be the top QB taken this year and if it's a team like KC, Tampa Bay or Miami then he probably goes #1, time will tell.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information