Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Stafford, Qb Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
    Incase anyone missed here are his highlights from Central Michigan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msZGZwdksYU

    Also South Carolina has a excellent pass defense they finished 4th in the country last year and are off to another good start this year.
    Good start as in losing to Vandy?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
      Good start as in losing to Vandy?
      Vandy threw for 90 yards agianst them it wasn't there pass defense's fault they got beat.

      Comment


      • Stafford is a great prospect, but IMO, if you have Knowshon Moreno behind you for teams to key on, you should have better #'s as a college QB through three games. He has been efficient 4/0 TD/Int ratio, but I think he needs to be closer to 70% in college. He is currently at 62%.

        He has all the tools.. There is no question, but If I had to choose between him and Sam Bradford, I would take Bradford... He has completely mastered that offense as a RS Soph. He does not have quite the arm of Stafford, and might not be as mobile(But it is close). In every other category, accuracy, leadership, mentality, production, I will take Bradford. You can have Stafford.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
          Stafford is a great prospect, but IMO, if you have Knowshon Moreno behind you for teams to key on, you should have better #'s as a college QB through three games. He has been efficient 4/0 TD/Int ratio, but I think he needs to be closer to 70% in college. He is currently at 62%.

          He has all the tools.. There is no question, but If I had to choose between him and Sam Bradford, I would take Bradford... He has completely mastered that offense as a RS Soph. He does not have quite the arm of Stafford, and might not be as mobile(But it is close). In every other category, accuracy, leadership, mentality, production, I will take Bradford. You can have Stafford.
          The flip side is Gerogia runs a ton because they have Moreno and the Bulldog receivers are below average in my opinion. I like Bradford, his numbers are really good because of the pass happy Big-12 or as in the case of playing stiffs like the Washington Huskies. To me Stafford has Jay Cutler ability and if in the ideal situation could be a Troy Aikman. I think Bradford's upside is probably that of a Trent Edwards and maybe Jake Delhomme or a Matt Hasselbeck. My take.

          Comment


          • At the beginning of the year, I firmly believed I wanted Stafford here in KC. It looked like we'd have a top 5 pick again anyway, and QB is a major need, but I'm not so sure now. I would hate for Stafford to turn out like David Carr - drafted to a team with questions along the oline and offense in general - so I'm not sure what we'll do now. It's a weird situation here and not one that a rookie QB should be excited to be entering.

            If I were forced to make a decision right now, I would take Stafford, as I think he has more upside than Bradford.

            Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

            Comment


            • Andrew Walter has a great arm too, and is tall.

              Kyle Boller probably has a top five, top ten at worst, arm in football.
              Walter did not have that good of an arm, and really Stafford does not have ideal height. Neither Boller or Walter can throw the ball like Stafford can and I think those are horrible comparisons if they were indeed that.

              Stafford looks just like Jay Cutler to me, kind of stocky, can move around in the pocket and has a rocket for an arm.

              Anyone that does not think Stafford is a standout QB prospect really needs to look at their evaluation ability.




              As for the Sam Bradford stuff....ok those two are not even comparable. Sure Bradford is putting up good numbers and runs the team really well but come on let us look at the QB's Oklahoma has produced in the past few years. Jason White, Josh Heupel anyone? Now granted Bradford should be a much better pro than both of those college QB's, but seriously Bradford is not even in the same league as Stafford. And yes it is because of his arm strength and how well he can throw a football. Again I like Bradford too, but what QB could not be some what successful behind the best offensive line in the nation and have two of the best TE's anywhere plus a stable of WR's and RB's. That must be rough....
              Last edited by Ozzy; 09-15-2008, 02:58 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                Walter did not have that good of an arm, and really Stafford does not have ideal height. Neither Boller or Walter can throw the ball like Stafford can and I think those are horrible comparisons if they were indeed that.

                Stafford looks just like Jay Cutler to me, kind of stocky, can move around in the pocket and has a rocket for an arm.

                Anyone that does not think Stafford is a standout QB prospect really needs to look at their evaluation ability.




                As for the Sam Bradford stuff....ok those two are not even comparable. Sure Bradford is putting up good numbers and runs the team really well but come on let us look at the QB's Oklahoma has produced in the past few years. Jason White, Josh Heupel anyone? Now granted Bradford should be a much better pro than both of those college QB's, but seriously Bradford is not even in the same league as Stafford. And yes it is because of his arm strength and how well he can throw a football. Again I like Bradford too, but what QB could not be some what successful behind the best offensive line in the nation and have two of the best TE's anywhere plus a stable of WR's and RB's. That must be rough....

                Not into the rep points things but had to give you some for that post.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                  Walter did not have that good of an arm, and really Stafford does not have ideal height. Neither Boller or Walter can throw the ball like Stafford can and I think those are horrible comparisons if they were indeed that.

                  Stafford looks just like Jay Cutler to me, kind of stocky, can move around in the pocket and has a rocket for an arm.

                  Anyone that does not think Stafford is a standout QB prospect really needs to look at their evaluation ability.




                  As for the Sam Bradford stuff....ok those two are not even comparable. Sure Bradford is putting up good numbers and runs the team really well but come on let us look at the QB's Oklahoma has produced in the past few years. Jason White, Josh Heupel anyone? Now granted Bradford should be a much better pro than both of those college QB's, but seriously Bradford is not even in the same league as Stafford. And yes it is because of his arm strength and how well he can throw a football. Again I like Bradford too, but what QB could not be some what successful behind the best offensive line in the nation and have two of the best TE's anywhere plus a stable of WR's and RB's. That must be rough....
                  Stafford is NOTHING like Jay Cutler while he was at Vanderbilt. Let's get that out of the way.

                  And I've said this for a while now, but Bradford has been the best NFL QB prospect in college football (in my eyes) since he played his first game at OU. To blame the school's history at QB for him is incredibly silly. Let's not forget the QBs that Georgia has put out.. DJ Shockley, David Greene, Quincy "Crack Head" Carter... so does that mean Stafford's legitimacy is the same as theirs???

                  Comment


                  • Stafford is NOTHING like Jay Cutler while he was at Vanderbilt. Let's get that out of the way.

                    And I've said this for a while now, but Bradford has been the best NFL QB prospect in college football (in my eyes) since he played his first game at OU. To blame the school's history at QB for him is incredibly silly. Let's not forget the QBs that Georgia has put out.. DJ Shockley, David Greene, Quincy "Crack Head" Carter... so does that mean Stafford's legitimacy is the same as theirs?
                    I would argue this all day long man, Stafford and Cutler are a LOT a like and they both throw screen passes identically. Both have absolute guns and throw a perfect spiral every single time.

                    As for Georgia, good point they have crappy history of QB's. But all of those QB's I do not or did not hate, White and Heupel I hated because everyone loved them so much. And for what, they both threw a weak pass and basically were the product of a great bunch of skill players around them. Again I think Bradford is much better than both of those lack luster prospects. However Bradford is still a quarterback that does not have a great arm, is accurate but again how could one not be amazing at QB with what he has around him?

                    I would be flat out shocked if, like you say, Bradford becomes the best QB in all of the available college football QB's currently. I would be shocked because I just do not see that happening. Again I like him but he is not even in the same league as Stafford, not even close. You put Stafford on Oklahoma they would be one of the best college teams ever possibly. You put Bradford on Georgia and they would without question be worse I feel.

                    Might be wrong though, and we will just have to wait and see.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                      I would argue this all day long man, Stafford and Cutler are a LOT a like and they both throw screen passes identically. Both have absolute guns and throw a perfect spiral every single time.

                      As for Georgia, good point they have crappy history of QB's. But all of those QB's I do not or did not hate, White and Heupel I hated because everyone loved them so much. And for what, they both threw a weak pass and basically were the product of a great bunch of skill players around them. Again I think Bradford is much better than both of those lack luster prospects. However Bradford is still a quarterback that does not have a great arm, is accurate but again how could one not be amazing at QB with what he has around him?

                      I would be flat out shocked if, like you say, Bradford becomes the best QB in all of the available college football QB's currently. I would be shocked because I just do not see that happening. Again I like him but he is not even in the same league as Stafford, not even close. You put Stafford on Oklahoma they would be one of the best college teams ever possibly. You put Bradford on Georgia and they would without question be worse I feel.

                      Might be wrong though, and we will just have to wait and see.
                      Cutler is a gamer. His style of game is completely different. He's always had that indescribable QB moxie that you either have or don't have. At Vanderbilt he also ran A LOT. He showed major toughness. He was just a different type of QB altogether. Stafford is a bus driver. I'm sorry, but throwing a screen passes that look alike and tight spirals hardly qualifies for a match in my judgements. If that were the case, you could say Stafford plays like Ryan Leaf.

                      Comment


                      • Cutler had none of Stafford's deficiencies. Both look a bit soft or doughy physically and they both have great arms, but Cutler was on another level as a prospect. Cutler would have been a #1 overall lock if he had the same hype out of high school/right now that Stafford did. Obviously that is a bit of an exaggeration but Cutler rose pretty far to become the eleventh overall. If he rose from the same platform Stafford is on now, like I said, top spot lock.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                          Cutler would have been a #1 overall lock if he had the same hype out of high school/right now that Stafford did.
                          I'm pretty sure NFL teams don't draft QB's based on recruiting sites and message boards.

                          As far Bradford I would be suprised if he came out since he is only a sophmore.

                          Comment


                          • So who should Chiefs draft lol
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              So who should Chiefs draft lol
                              No one. They should throw the boat at Unrestricted FA, Matt Cassell. There's no way the Patriots franchise him.

                              Comment


                              • Cutler is a gamer. His style of game is completely different. He's always had that indescribable QB moxie that you either have or don't have. At Vanderbilt he also ran A LOT. He showed major toughness. He was just a different type of QB altogether. Stafford is a bus driver. I'm sorry, but throwing a screen passes that look alike and tight spirals hardly qualifies for a match in my judgements. If that were the case, you could say Stafford plays like Ryan Leaf.
                                I just disagree with that, how is Stafford not a gamer? The only difference is yes Georgia has a better team around Stafford but come on Georgia does not have that good of WR's to be honest with you. That running game sure does help though. I think both players can make any throw all over the football field, I just do not understand how anyone would not be insanely impressed with Stafford's arm. Tell me who has a better arm than he does in college football. And when I say throwing arm I mean how far one can throw it and how fast they can throw it.
                                Last edited by Ozzy; 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information