Matthew Stafford, Qb Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mythbusta View Post
    im not sure what that means but hes was 15/25 150 0 tds and not m,any points in this last yawner. and this is against a team that lost to vandy. now they get fla auburn lsu etc. theyre going to lose some games. i think the hawaii game elevated the team and stafford a above their true level. its going to be difficult for him tomeet expectations and hes not going to have a huge year stat wise.
    You really need to watch the games and not just look at the box score. Like I mentioned a few days ago 5 of the 10 incomplete passes were droped. one would have been for a TD, two would have been first downs and two others would have prevented 3rd and long. If those pass are caught the game is alot diffrent. One of the other 5 incompete Richard Samuel had a pass go through his hands that would have been a TD. If Moreno or King is in the game thats a TD. On another incomplete he escaped a defender where he should have been sacked throw it downfield around 40 yards and Massaqoui couldn't get his feet down in bounds. He did make a bad read where he threw into double coverage to A.J instead of hitting Massaquoui on a crossing pattern. South Carolina did lose to Vandy, but they have a great DB which was 4th in the country and pass yards and are off to a good start agian this year with pretty much the same group back. UGA also lost the battle up front.

I was watching and saw a Okl. WR take a short pass and go about 70 yards for a TD. When is the last time you saw a UGA WR do that?
    Last edited by georgiafan; 09-16-2008, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      In my opinion, Matt Stafford's hype is eerily similar to Andre Woodson's at this time last year.
      I think the biggest difference (aside from throwing motion) is that Woodson showed late last year he had very limited pocket presence/rush sense. I'm not surprised he ended up lasting as long as he did because most of the guys who did get taken before him were guys I would have taken before him.

Comment

• First off, I'm not comparing Woodson to Stafford. I said I was comparing their hype. ...and it's driven because of similar qualities.

Comment

• I think Woodson hype was started from him having good stats in the SEC. Where Staffords bigest knock is not having good enough stats.

Comment

• Remember that Woodson was a senior last year and Stafford is a junior this year. Unless Stafford gets a 1st Round, he'll come back for his senior year. As big of a fan of Stafford that I am, I think he'd be better off staying for his senior year anyway.

Comment

First off, I'm not comparing Woodson to Stafford. I said I was comparing their hype. ...and it's driven because of similar qualities.
              I understand you were comparing their draft stock at similar points, I was justing pointing out the Woodson had a massive flaw that Stafford doesn't, so I don't see Stafford's value mirroring the dive that Woodson ended up having.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                Remember that Woodson was a senior last year and Stafford is a junior this year. Unless Stafford gets a 1st Round, he'll come back for his senior year. As big of a fan of Stafford that I am, I think he'd be better off staying for his senior year anyway.

His receivers (except for Jones) arent going to get any better and he could get hurt. When you're an apparent lock to be a top 5 pick you come out.

Comment

• I think I worded that wrong. I think it's less risky to his draft stock to come out this year, but I think he'd be a better player if he stayed for another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    His receivers (except for Jones) arent going to get any better and he could get hurt. When you're an apparent lock to be a top 5 pick you come out.
                    I have major doubts that he'll be a sure fire Top 5 selection if he were to declare. But if he is, yeah, he should. I think P-L is coming from the standpoint where Stafford does see his stock fall. Which in that case, he should go back.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      I think I worded that wrong. I think it's less risky to his draft stock to come out this year, but I think he'd be a better player if he stayed for another year.

There is the argument he can get better at the pro level with better coaching. I'm with you on players staying to get better but i would be shocked if he does. He isnt meeting with Troy Aikman and Tony Romo down in Dallas to talk about the weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        There is the argument he can get better at the pro level with better coaching. I'm with you on players staying to get better but i would be shocked if he does. He isnt meeting with Troy Aikman and Tony Romo down in Dallas to talk about the weather.
                        Well, naturally players are going to be better if they return and don't get injured. Anyone who digresses skill/experience wise is a nincompoop.

But the thing that CAN change is draft stock. See Brady Quinn/Colt Brennan.

Comment

• Question. How is Stafford's pocket presence?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                            I just disagree with that, how is Stafford not a gamer? The only difference is yes Georgia has a better team around Stafford but come on Georgia does not have that good of WR's to be honest with you. That running game sure does help though. I think both players can make any throw all over the football field, I just do not understand how anyone would not be insanely impressed with Stafford's arm. Tell me who has a better arm than he does in college football. And when I say throwing arm I mean how far one can throw it and how fast they can throw it.
                            Stafford's cast is a helluva lot better than what Cutler had at Vanderbilt.

What a joke to suggest anything close to otherwise.

Matthew Stafford is the most overrated prospect in the draft. He is living off of the hype he had out of high school.

His great arm strength is negated by his inconsistency and decision making.

Comment

• Can we let the guy play this year before we talk about bad decision making and inconsistency? It's not how you start your college career, it's how you end it. There have been tons of examples of this. Look at Stafford's numbers so far.

Georgia Southern: 62%, 2 TD, 0 INT
                              Central Michigan: 64%, 2 TD, 0 INT
                              South Carolina: 60%, 0 TD, 0 INT (4 dropped passes)

Through 3 games he's thrown consistently over 60% and has yet to make a bad decision. I don't know how he's going to finish the season, but through three games he's completed a very respectable number of his passes despite having a poor receiving corps and has yet to throw an INT.

Comment

Well, naturally players are going to be better if they return and don't get injured. Anyone who digresses skill/experience wise is a nincompoop.

But the thing that CAN change is draft stock. See Brady Quinn/Colt Brennan.
                                Good point about Quinn, Brennan was never thought of as a top 5 pick so i dont know where anyone is getting that. The thing with Quinn is he had Russell in front of him and teams werent willing to take a second QB that high. I think this year there is a pretty good chance KC, Miami and possibly Rams, Bucs, Bears and Jets may be looking for help with early picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information