Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Stafford, Qb Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Buckrock101 View Post
    See someone like Chad Henne or Kevin O'Connell. They both have big arms, a big arm won't necessarily make you go high.

    Flacco went mid first, and that's where I would see Stafford at, at the highest.
    Except Flacco came sort of out of nowhere. He played at Delaware. Stafford has already had talks about being a first round pick (possible top 10 pick). Stafford has played in the SEC.

    Even if he has an average year, worthy of a mid first round, late first round pick, he is going to jump up the draft boards.

    "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Buckrock101 View Post
      Top 3???

      What has he done to be mentioned as a top 3 prospect? He has a big arm and good physical tools, but no way should he be a top 10 prospect right now. His accuracy, decision making and leadership are all questionable right now.
      I have him as a late first-early second rounder right now.
      There would be a lot of good teams out there who would like to see him drop to late in the first round like you mention. In reality he is probably going to see his stock actually go up when he can work out for teams where his arm will stand out even more than it does now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        There would be a lot of good teams out there who would like to see him drop to late in the first round like you mention. In reality he is probably going to see his stock actually go up when he can work out for teams where his arm will stand out even more than it does now.
        You know, there is more to a prospect than just a big arm..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Buckrock101 View Post
          See someone like Chad Henne or Kevin O'Connell. They both have big arms, a big arm won't necessarily make you go high.

          Flacco went mid first, and that's where I would see Stafford at, at the highest.
          Kevin O'Connell went ridiculously high considering his college production.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Buckrock101 View Post
            See someone like Chad Henne or Kevin O'Connell. They both have big arms, a big arm won't necessarily make you go high.

            Flacco went mid first, and that's where I would see Stafford at, at the highest.
            Flacco and O'Connell have nothing on Stafford or Jamarcus in terms of strength.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
              Flacco and O'Connell have nothing on Stafford or Jamarcus in terms of strength.
              I'll take Flacco's arm over Stafford's. Big difference between those two, though, is that Flacco is much more accurate than Stafford. He didn't go high just because of a big arm.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                Flacco and O'Connell have nothing on Stafford or Jamarcus in terms of strength.
                I'm on board with that, i think Russell and Stafford have the best arms i've seen since John Elway. Stafford i think has the ability to actually locate those throws similar to Elway.

                Comment


                • matt stafford throws better than joe flacco. right. wow comparisons to john elway and jamarcus russell. must have missed flacco vs pittsburgh or stafford vs bama. its pretty easy to see the difference. flacco throws lasers. and hes 6 6 and doesnt have happy feet or bail out under duress like matt stafford. stood in there tough under heavy duress. unlike stafford who took off from the pocket under any hint of duress. staffords best case scenario is jay cutler. and thats not going to get it done at the top level. at least, not as far as winning goes. didnt anyone watch that bama game?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mythbusta View Post
                    matt stafford throws better than joe flacco. right. wow comparisons to john elway and jamarcus russell. must have missed flacco vs pittsburgh or stafford vs bama. its pretty easy to see the difference. flacco throws lasers. and hes 6 6 and doesnt have happy feet or bail out under duress like matt stafford. stood in there tough under heavy duress. unlike stafford who took off from the pocket under any hint of duress. staffords best case scenario is jay cutler. and thats not going to get it done at the top level. at least, not as far as winning goes. didnt anyone watch that bama game?
                    Scott should give you a job with this site. You're insight is amazing.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Scott should give you a job with this site. You're insight is amazing.
                      Your, not you're. Even P-L is getting into the spelling/grammar madness!

                      mythbusta or TIDD? Your pick.

                      Comment


                      • That is honestly the first time I messed that up in forever.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mythbusta View Post
                          matt stafford throws better than joe flacco. right. wow comparisons to john elway and jamarcus russell. must have missed flacco vs pittsburgh or stafford vs bama. its pretty easy to see the difference. flacco throws lasers. and hes 6 6 and doesnt have happy feet or bail out under duress like matt stafford. stood in there tough under heavy duress. unlike stafford who took off from the pocket under any hint of duress. staffords best case scenario is jay cutler. and thats not going to get it done at the top level. at least, not as far as winning goes. didnt anyone watch that bama game?
                          I guess that means Flacco is better than Cutler? Wow!

                          Comment


                          • he played better in this past weeks game against pittsburgh than ive ever seen jay cutler play. and considering it was his 3rd career start and thyre not overflowing with nfl talent on offense. he acquitted himself quite well, against one of the better defensive teams, and he was under assault constantly. some of the throws he made were jaw dropping. i think in the future youll see a lot more winning from joe flacco. whats jay cutlers career record? how many playoff appearances? thats about what you can expect from stafford. hes an aaron rodgers/jay cutler type. you can pick them, and they may be ok, but never will be great. thats about what i expect from stafford. ok at best. loks good occasionally, throws a nice ball, but not at the top level. josh freeman throws the ball better than stafford. especially under duress. as does flacco.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mythbusta View Post
                              he played better in this past weeks game against pittsburgh than ive ever seen jay cutler play. and considering it was his 3rd career start and thyre not overflowing with nfl talent on offense. he acquitted himself quite well, against one of the better defensive teams, and he was under assault constantly. some of the throws he made were jaw dropping. i think in the future youll see a lot more winning from joe flacco. whats jay cutlers career record? how many playoff appearances? thats about what you can expect from stafford. hes an aaron rodgers/jay cutler type. you can pick them, and they may be ok, but never will be great. thats about what i expect from stafford. ok at best. loks good occasionally, throws a nice ball, but not at the top level. josh freeman throws the ball better than stafford. especially under duress. as does flacco.
                              If thats true then you have NEVER seen Cutler play.
                              Flacco was 16-31 for 192 and 1 TD. Is that good to you? He played alright but it wasnt better than Cutler.
                              Hi Mom. Send money!

                              Comment


                              • ive seen him play. very average.whats his career record? what i saw from flacco this past week was not average. he wasnt playing the raiders or chiefs. he was under full out assualt with minimal running game. id say he acquitted himself quite well, and as far as just straight throwing the ball, he stood and delivered. what did jay cutler look like in his 3rd career start? what did jay cutler look like vs kc?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information