Matthew Stafford, Qb Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Stafford, Qb Georgia

How good of a prospect is this guy? Is he just a canidate for the top QB spot in next years draft just because the senior class is so weak at the position, or is he legit? I know he was considered the best player in the country comming out of high school by some.

Atm I would say that a lot of the hype is due to a very poor senior class but he has all the tools you look for. If he performs as expected this year he'll be the top QB, he'll get drafted in the top 3 imo.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Has all the physical tools you look for in a QB... The question is can he perform to his full potential... The sky is the limit for this kid in my opinion.

Comment

If Stafford comes out, he has a chance at being at the top of the QB board. Certainly, as of now, this is based partially on the combination of potential, position, and a weak class, because despite all the accolades, the kid is still raw. That said, if he takes big leaps forward this year in terms of consistency, then we might be talking a year later about a very deserving top of the draft QB talent.

I will say this - at this point in time, I think Stafford is a better QB talent than Tim Tebow. To what degree, well, that's hard for me to say, but I think it's by a recognizable amount in my head right now (put it this way, on a random scale of 100(this is just to demonstrate the difference in my mind), I would put Stafford at, say, an 80, and Tebow at say, a 70 in terms of Qb'ing ability). Now, Tebow is an awesome physical talent, something that will definitely intrigue, and if he takes strides forward, as past QB's in Urban's system have with additional time, then he could very well end up ahead.
        Last edited by toonsterwu; 05-08-2008, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Stafford has bad fundimentals. He throws with all arm and off his back foot a lot. If he corrects that he could be scary. Bad mechanics like that will lead to a lot of arrent throws.

Comment

Stafford has all the tools to be a great one, he just needs to put it all together for one full season. If he can't do it this year, I could see a Carson Palmer-like season his senior year.

Comment

Is this such a weak QB class because there's not much early 1st round talent? Because I can see 7 quarterbacks going in the first three rounds...

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd430 View Post
                Is this such a weak QB class because there's not much early 1st round talent? Because I can see 7 quarterbacks going in the first three rounds...
                Interesting point, I can't see a first round senior QB atm but I think Painter/Harper/Cantwell could sneak in if they have good seasons. Which seven are you thinking of?

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

I think Painter could definitely go in the first and possibly be the first QB off the board. So much changes from now until April. I'm not so sure if Stafford will be on top.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                    Stafford has bad fundimentals. He throws with all arm and off his back foot a lot. If he corrects that he could be scary. Bad mechanics like that will lead to a lot of arrent throws.
                    I would say the best natural ability at that position since Peyton Manning. He hasnt exactly had the best receiving corp down there and i think he has a little too much confidence in that arm at times but i think Mel Kiper was right when he said the kid will be the top player in the draft when he comes out. Especially to a team that needs a QB.

Comment

He has a legit shot at going #1 overall in next year's draft but he will have to have an excellent senior season to do it, it's not a given. He simply hasn't been an accurrate passer so far in his college career and he must improve that or he'll slide. He has the most natural ability since Palmer but he's nowhere near as accurate so far. However, it isn't at all unusual for a senior QB to put it all together his last year in college and we'll just have to wait to see if he can do it.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        He has a legit shot at going #1 overall in next year's draft but he will have to have an excellent senior season to do it, it's not a given. He simply hasn't been an accurrate passer so far in his college career and he must improve that or he'll slide. He has the most natural ability since Palmer but he's nowhere near as accurate so far. However, it isn't at all unusual for a senior QB to put it all together his last year in college and we'll just have to wait to see if he can do it.
                        He's going to be a junior.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

im rly hoping he ends up staying for his senior year but it seems unlikely IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                            im rly hoping he ends up staying for his senior year but it seems unlikely IMO.
                            I don't know, I know the class is perceived as weak but I can see both him and Tebow coming back for their senior seasons.

Comment

If Sam Bradford has a good season again and comes out, I could see him semi-challenging Matt Stafford.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information