Malcolm Jenkins=fastest Greek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm Jenkins=fastest Greek

So on wednesday OSU had its Greek week tug and track, in which Malcolm Jenkins competed in the 4X100 and the fastest greek (not fair lol) (60m dash)...as did i, so here is a couple notes.

He is definitely not 6'1 and if he is anything think over 6' i will be suprised as i am actually 6'2 and i definitely had more than an inch on him. Anyway, he is quite fast, he easily won (obviously) posting a time of 6.0s (i ran a 6.6 and got 2nd in my heat) and is a natural, very smooth athlete. Also he takes smaller strides which leads me to believe he probably has good change of direction. I haven't done any research on what track athletes run the 60 in so i am not sure how that stacks up, plus i doubt it is real accurate since it was just hand timed.

Now to make this thread useful, what is the general conscensus on this cat, is he a corner or safety? He would have supposedly been a top 10 pick this year, and looking at the corners next year (as of now) he should once again be the most highly rated.

Personally, i feel he is very similar to Antrel Rolle a couple years ago, except with actual cornerback speed.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

He will unquestionably play corner.

Comment

Rolle + actual speed is a scary combo for a CB prospect

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

He is a top 3 senior prospect in my opinion (Maulauga, Oher) and I believe almost everyone has him in their top 10. He's definately a corner at this point in time. With a good season and good offseason workouts he could become an elite prospect.

Comment

He has jets and is big and physical. Some questions about his man to man coverage since Ohio State basically plays zone all the time, but they should be answered this year since I believe our corners will play a lot more man coverage this year than before. He could be a great safety, but teams will put him at corner b/c that is a far more valuable position and he can play it well.

Comment

He is going to get critiqued like no other, that's just what happens when you are a top 10 pick as a junior and return, he will have all eyes on him the entire year and probably get over-analyzed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Jenkins should absolutely play corner, and I think he will be a very good one for a few years in the NFL. While I think it's unlikely that he won't have success as a CB, at least he'll be given a shot to move to FS if it ever comes to that.

As far as the 60m dash goes, 6.0 isn't elite but it's still good. Plus, I'd be kinda surprised if he ran all out at an event like that.

Lastly, I can't wait to see what Rolle does at FS... I liked him a lot coming out of college, and I'm about as far from being a U fan as you can be (it was nice to beat them this year... finally). Cardinals' secondary doesn't look too shabby on paper right now.
              Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

It seems like everyone is really high on him, but I'm sorry, every time I've watched him play he has gotten burned. Especially late in the year.

Comment

He will be a top 5 corner in 2 years.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm interested to see what happens when Ohio State runs a little more man coverage and when other Big Ten teams try and challenge him a bit more. Teams really stayed away from him last season because he played the ball so well, but I'm not sure I saw the close coverage ability to warrant him getting thrown at as little as he was.

At any rate, the ability is certainly there, but I still think he may project a bit better to free safety.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      He has jets and is big and physical. Some questions about his man to man coverage since Ohio State basically plays zone all the time, but they should be answered this year since I believe our corners will play a lot more man coverage this year than before. He could be a great safety, but teams will put him at corner b/c that is a far more valuable position and he can play it well.
                      Why does OSU play so much zone? More importantly, if said zone is being shredded, why do they refuse to man up?

Anyways, Jenkins is the #1 CB as of right now but he has some competition for sure.

Comment

6.0 is blazing and seems very inaccurate IMO.

trindon holliday ran a 6.60 60 meter dash in february...so i guess you could be one of the fastest guys in college foozball.

world record 60m dash....6.39 by olympic champ mo green
                        Last edited by foozball; 05-10-2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

He said it was hand timed and thus not completely accurate.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

at 6'3 - 195 lbs i have been clocked at 6.13 (digitally timed) at my college

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                              He said it was hand timed and thus not completely accurate.
                              yea....but 6.0? thats more than just inaccurate...its inhuman

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information