• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jnew76
    started a topic Your 5 favorite draft eligible prospects for 2009

Your 5 favorite draft eligible prospects for 2009

My favorites are in this order

1. Jeremy Maclin - WR - Missouri - I am being a complete homer here, but I love Maclin. I think he is the most dynamic player in college football and I think we just got a taste of his potential last year. I think he is a better football player than Percy Harvin. Maybe not a better athlete, but a better football player.

2. Michael Oher - OT - Mississippi - He is an absolute beast. He has started 22 straight games at LT in the SEC and has dominated. Huge man with long arms and great strength. I think he is the early favorite to be the #1 pick in the '09 draft.

3. Willie Young - DE/OLB - NC St. - Tremendous athlete who really emerged last season and flashes incredible closing burst and ability to play in space. Love his potential and think he will really break out this season.

4. Everette Brown - DE - Florida St. - Physical Freak that will emerge as the next great FSU defender. I think he has top 10 overall ability and will absolutely dominate this year.

5. Chris Reisert - QB - Ohio Dominican - NAIA prospect who threw for 5400 yards and 54 touchdowns to set almost every single season record at that level last year. At 6'2" - 210lbs with a tremendous arm I think he will get more than a look in the NFL. Might be the best NAIA prospect I have ever seen.

• Don Vito
    replied
    Greg Hardy's been my favorite guy for this class for a while, he is a tremedous talent along with teammate Mike Oher who I can't wait to watch this year.

Leave a comment:

• jnew76
    replied
    Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
    Lists are missing Greg Hardy. That guys gonna be a monster.
    That is a good call. he only started like 4 games and was first team all SEC. I know when Missouri played them the only guy on the defense that came to play was Hardy. He is a beast. I remember thinking that there was no way he was just a Sophomore.

Leave a comment:

• SenorGato
    replied
    Lists are missing Greg Hardy. That guys gonna be a monster.

Leave a comment:

• SenorGato
    replied
    Crabtree's a beast...his production is definitely high because of the system he's in...but his physical skills are sick and he's got room to get bigger without losing any speed. He could be a top 5 pick IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Pete
    replied
    Here are my personal favorite 5 prospects (regardless of where they will end up)

1. LB Rey Melualuga, USC
    2. LB Brandon Spikes, Florida
    3. S Taylor Mays USC
    4. LB James Laurenaitis, Ohio State
    5. S Myron Rolle, Florida State

There are other excellent prospects for sure; these are just 5 guys that personally really stand out for me

imho the other positions don't have dominant guys who stand out as much from the other prospects.

Leave a comment:

• dbro
    replied
    Ryan Perriloux QB Jacksonville State- If not for getting in trouble this guy couldve been the #1 pick in 2010. Great physical tools, as long as he stays healthy he will completely kill the compotition
    Kareem Moore CB Nicholls State- Very physical, goes to the same school as me, and there isnt too many cant miss CB prospects out there this year.
    Tyson Jackson DE LSU- He has great size and speed, and he is just the middle portion of great DL prospects coming to the NFL from LSU
    Pat White QB/WR WVU- I put WR cuz in the NFL he will most likey be a WR
    Michael Crabtree WR TT- Im looking forward to seeing if he is a product of the system or if this guy is just a beast

Leave a comment:

• coCANES17
    replied
    1. Jake Locker QB Wahington
    2. Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
    3. Macho Harris CB Virginia Tech
    4. Nate Davis QB Ball State
    5. Stafon Johnson RB USC

Leave a comment:

• JCutlery
    replied
    TE Kory Sperry, Colorado State (look for him to emerge as one of the top senior tight ends)
    DT George Hypolite, Colorado
    DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
    LB Rey Maualuga, Southern Cal
    RB James Davis, Clemson

Leave a comment:

• wicket
    replied
    to just see playin college ball!
    1 Tim Tebow
    2 Chris Wells
    3 Kwonshown(or however you spell it) Moreno
    4 Graham Harell
    5 Jeremy Maclin
    (not that I don't like defense or lineman however like the skill players a bit more)

Leave a comment:

• Solomon
    replied
    1. Percy Harvin
    2. Kenny Britt
    3. Eric Norwood (the next fantastic 3-4 OLB prospect)
    4. Jermaine Gresham
    5. Geno Atkins

Leave a comment:

• Xonraider
    replied
    Jeremy Maclin
    Chris Wells

my two favs.

Leave a comment:

• BamaFalcon59
    replied
    Everett Brown is a good name. I demand he become a good player.

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    1. OT Michael Oher (Ole Miss)
    2. OT Andre Smith (Alabama)
    3. CB Vontae Davis (Illinois)
    4. DE Everette Brown (FSU)
    5. MLB Brandon Spikes (Florida)

Leave a comment:

• georgiafan
    replied
    1. Matt Stafford