Jordy Nelson vs Anthony Gonzalez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordy Nelson vs Anthony Gonzalez

Who's seen enough K-State games and Buckeye games to offer an accurate comparison of these two guys.

All the experts I talk to compare Jordy to Gonzalez, but speed aside, I didn't see Gonzalez make nearly as many (explosive) plays as Nelson did, despite Ginn getting all the best coverage usually.

JORDY NELSON
    POSITIVES: Intelligent, dependable pass-catcher coming off a breakout season. Displays outstanding awareness, always on the same page as his quarterback, and works hard to be productive. Displays adequate sharpness running routes, plays with excellent body control, and nicely extends to make the reception away from his frame. Comes across the middle of the field to find the soft spot, easily makes the reception in stride, and uses his frame to shield away opponents. Effective running after the reception and works hard as a blocker.

NEGATIVES: Lacks the second gear and not a receiver who stretches the defense.

ANALYSIS: After an outstanding senior campaign, Nelson is watching his draft stock soar. He is drawing comparisons to Anthony Gonzalez, the Indianapolis Colts first-round pick in 2007. Nelson has a polished game and should quickly produce at the next level.

What experts are you talking to? and does the comparison have anything to do with skin colour?

Comment

their games are completely different

nelson profiles as a possession receiver because of his size and his steady hands. gonzo is a smaller slot guy who relies on speed and agility. not sure if the comparison was to make a point in how each had their stock soar, or if they actually think that the two are similar.

Comment

What an absurd comparison.

Comment

Yeah, as 24 said above, besides their skin color they are two completely different kinds of receivers. Your experts are idiots. =P

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Jordyz and Gonzales are about as similar as Wes Welker and Ed McAffrey are.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Jordyz and Gonzales are about as similar as Wes Welker and Ed McAffrey are.
              Apt description, but Nelson is not just a possession receiver. Look at him as a return man and how many opposing players couldn't get to him. 4.47 speed at 215 pounds is NFL quality for athleticism.
              The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

U make the weirdest threads.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Jordyzzz Nelsonzzz, as its spelled here on NFLDC, is best suited for the bench because he'll never be able to seperate from NFL CBs

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

They are nothing alike as pass catchers.

Comment

Its like Martin Short and Rodney Dangerfield(this guy being Gonzo)
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

How they compare: They're white. They play WR. They have hands, legs, arms and a head.

How they contrast: Everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                          Jordyzzz Nelsonzzz, as its spelled here on NFLDC, is best suited for the bench because he'll never be able to seperate from NFL CBs
                          seperated pretty easily from aqib talib

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
                            Jacques Reeves > Aqib Talib

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
                              Every CB has been beat. People need to get over 1 play to judge a player's entire NFL career.

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information