LeSean McCoy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeSean McCoy

if I remember correctly, McCoy is eligible for 09, right? if so, in what (early on) Looks to be a very deep class at RB, is McCoy the best?
    Don't hate me because I'm a rutgers fan, hate me because I'm eagles and Yankees fan

Scarlet Knights forever, victories don't matter, we're the best in the land, cause we MADE this game!

Chris Wells is the best prospect

Comment

He is a sophomore but I believe he spent a year at a prep school so I think he is available for the draft should he decide to declare.

In regards to the running back class I think it could resemble last years. A weak senior class infused with a lot of junior/red-shirt sophomore talent.

Comment

I agree with the two previous posts.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

chris wells and lesean mccoy are at the head of the pack right now

i think knowshon moreno is 3rd right now and fits in the 20-30 range

javarris james, keiland williams, james davis, andre brown, cj spiller, arian foster, javon ringer, and marlon lucky are in that 3rd tier that will go in the 2nd-3rd round area.

chris wells- good size, speed, and power

lesean mccoy- big upside, good size and speed, natural runner, can catch

knowshon moreno- runs hard and has power. maybe not as naturally gifted as mccoy though

keiland williams- good size and could be a complete RB but inexperienced

james davis- decent size, good speed, but probably needs to be in a 2 back system. kind of a tweener back in that he's not small enough that he really NEEDS to be in a 2 back system, but not quite big enough that you can count on him being an every down back.

andre brown- huge guy with sub 4.5 speed. great power. enormous upside but not as productive as he should be. could make a big jump if he stays healthy and get to the #3 or 4 spot.

marlon lucky- has decent size, good speed, and can catch the ball. similar to james davis but not quite as fast.

javarris james- good size and speed but had a very poor year which knocks his stock down.

arian foster- good size and power and productivity, but probably 4.55 speed. needs a complimentary back to play with.

cj spiller- big play ability but lacks size. could be the felix jones of the draft.

javon ringer- a little small and not quite as powerful as ray rice. very productive though

pj hill- productive and powerful, but lacks speed and big play ability.

the way i ranked them was that guys who could be primary backs and never have to come out of the game were ranked higher than guys who were considered just speed backs or just power backs. however, some of the big guys and small guys will go before the prototypical primary backs just because teams employ the 2 back system and are looking for pieces for that system instead of just 1 complete RB.

Comment

yea, the rule actually reads something like this:

you are eligable for the draft 3 years after you graduate or 3 years after the class which you entered hs with graduates

he didnt graduate on time, and went to prep; class of '06, so hes eligable

cant remember any other top prospects that did this; i think they actually reworded the rule after fitz

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

He's good but I don't think he will enter the draft this year, he would be the best RB in the '09 draft if he stayed.

Comment

Andre Brown will be the big surprise of this draft. If he can return to his sophomore form, he's going to be a beast in the NFL.

Comment

McCoy won't be eligible. You have to have been qualified out of HS to leave as a sophomor after prepping. He prepped because he wasn't eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                    McCoy won't be eligible. You have to have been qualified out of HS to leave as a sophomor after prepping. He prepped because he wasn't eligible.
                    wrong; they changed it after fitz

The NFL and NFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement states that a player may only apply for eligibility in the NFL draft three years after his graduation from high school or graduation of the class with which he entered high school, whichever is earlier.

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/enfo...ations_FAQ.pdf

supposed to grad in '06

06---prep
                    07---freshman
                    08---soph

3 yrs after supposed to grad; hes can declare

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

McCoy = Truf.

Personally, he's my favorite RB in this draft. If he weighs gains an extra 10 pounds I think he'll have a shot to be the first back taken.

Comment

The key will be which direction that Pittsburgh offense line goes in. Losing Jeff Otah and Mike McGlynn is not inconsequential by any stretch of the imagination. However, if McCoy manages to build on his numbers last year, there might be proper motivation to leave school after this year. He could well be in the running for the top back selected.

Comment

The only games I really paid attention to McCoy in was the Virginia and Rutgers games and he sucked in those game. All of his yards against Virginia were in garbage time and he constantly choked on 3rd down runs. His numbers are decent but he had pretty low rush averages in the big games: 4.5 Virginia, 2.7 Rutgers, 3.9 West Virginia, 6.4 Connecticut but only 10 carries, 5.5 Cincinnati is decent.

What makes people think that he could be the first RB taken. What has he done against good defenses.

And sorry for not watching the WVU-Pitt game... I should have. And I'm a huge Virginia fan so I went to that game and I live in the Jersey so I saw the Rutgers game too.
                          The A-Man
                          -- Die Hard Virginia Fan --

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                            Chris Wells is the best prospect
                            I don't know, I'm waiting for this season to make the decision between Wells and Keiland Williams.

However, I'd probably take McCoy and Moreno over both of them. Depends on what I'm looking for.. it'd be between McCoy, Moreno and Williams.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by ammandss View Post
                              The only games I really paid attention to McCoy in was the Virginia and Rutgers games and he sucked in those game. All of his yards against Virginia were in garbage time and he constantly choked on 3rd down runs. His numbers are decent but he had pretty low rush averages in the big games: 4.5 Virginia, 2.7 Rutgers, 3.9 West Virginia, 6.4 Connecticut but only 10 carries, 5.5 Cincinnati is decent.

What makes people think that he could be the first RB taken. What has he done against good defenses.

And sorry for not watching the WVU-Pitt game... I should have. And I'm a huge Virginia fan so I went to that game and I live in the Jersey so I saw the Rutgers game too.
                              Have you seen the Pitt offense? They lost their reliable #1 in Derek Kinder and their QB is pathetic. So terrible that he runs a 5.5 40' and is being redshirted this season because he needs major work.

McCoy was the ONLY offensive weapon on that team, still managed great yardage..

Despite not having the QB Talent/WR talent of LSU, Georgia, OSU.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information