What's the Word on Tommy Blake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
    It is def, mis-diagnosed a lot. and you are also right if its serious it is just as bad. I know people who had Bi-Polar and went into deep depression periods for months and attempted suicide several times.
    I would disagree. Schizophrenia can be way worse. It is harder to treat medically. The symptoms can be way worse.

There are many schizophrenics that can't be left unsupervised for 30 seconds. They are completely separated from society. Some don't attempt suicide several times, they are constantly attempting suicide. Some will laugh hysterically while they tell you about how they tried to commit suicide. Some will take a strange and unnatural pose and refuse to move, even when they are physically moved.

I'm trying to give you an idea of what can be caused by schizophrenia, basically I'm trying to say that schizophrenics can be total outsiders from society completely incapable of doing anything or passing off as normal if you watch them for even 10 seconds. I'm not saying bi polar is good but schizophrenia is really, really bad.

Watch this
    Last edited by umphrey; 05-22-2008, 02:13 AM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
      I would disagree. Schizophrenia can be way worse. It is harder to treat medically. The symptoms can be way worse.

There are many schizophrenics that can't be left unsupervised for 30 seconds. They are completely separated from society. Some don't attempt suicide several times, they are constantly attempting suicide. Some will laugh hysterically while they tell you about how they tried to commit suicide. Some will take a strange and unnatural pose and refuse to move, even when they are physically moved.

I'm trying to give you an idea of what can be caused by schizophrenia, basically I'm trying to say that schizophrenics can be total outsiders from society completely incapable of doing anything or passing off as normal if you watch them for even 10 seconds. I'm not saying bi polar is good but schizophrenia is really, really bad.

Watch this
      My dad is a diagnosed schizophrenic (not suicidal, thank god) but it really shows. If Blake was in fact a schizo it would have been well-documented, he's been under constant scrutiny since HS, and all the starter symptoms from being a schizophrenic (most notably the loss of interest in personal hygene) would have been noticed a long time ago.

Bipolar disease is tough, but much less bad than schizophrenia and to claim he has it it not only a very stupid thing to say without a diagnosis to back it up but also cruel to Blake, whose obviously troubled already.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Agree with everything you said. Although schizos usually have a plethora of other psychological problems, diagnosis is usually pretty easy because the disease is so mentally overwhelming, generally speaking.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

shfjkshfdsdffds
          Last edited by bam bam; 08-21-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bam bam View Post
            what, you want me to go get his hospital records? give me a break...talk about stupid. I wouldn't come on here and say he was schizo if I wasn't told that by someone who wasn't very well connected. You can take it or leave it, I don't care.
            Actually, I would like you to show me his hospital records, especially since schizophrenia is one of the worst non-fatal illnesses one can have. So yes, I would very much like to see you back your outrageous claim up with some documentation, yes I do care and no you have absolutely no right to go around and claim people have severe mental illnesses without having factual knowledge rather than hearing it from some guy you know.

Obviously you have no clue what kind of disease you're talking about and I would suggest you either put up the documentation or shut up.

PS: if any mod feels like infracting me for this, feel free to. Just know he deserves MUCH more personal attacks IMO, so I'm already holding back.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

so where the hell did he go?

Go Celtics
              Go Irish
              Go Ravens

Comment

ascdefghijk
                Last edited by bam bam; 08-21-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bam bam View Post
                  hold on, your acting like a sensitive little girl because I am repeating a claim (from a writer who is very reputable) that Tommy Blake has one serious illness, when papers have written for months he has another serious illness? Either way, this kid has serious problems.

I dont deserve any personal attacks. I would never make anything up or say anything just to cause a shitstorm. Im not one of those guys that would spout anything if it came from a source even remotely insecure.

Whether or not I know about the disease or not is irrelevant, but I do know some about it, so that claim of yours is rediculoid. And expecting me to attach documentation just shows how rediculous you are acting. Get a life man.

Like I said, take it or leave it.

You say you don't deserve any personal attacks, yet you call him stupid in your first post and tell him to get a life in the second. Hypocrite much?

And what is wrong with him wanting you to prove yor points? I would like that too. You say I very reputable writer wrote it, let's see the article. At this point his argument seems more legitimate than yours.
                  Last edited by JF4; 05-23-2008, 01:04 AM.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by Twister18 View Post
                    In the PFW draft guide, it said he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and was on meds, missing most of last season.
                    It was said that he had Depression and Severe Anxiety disorder. That he had a breakup with his girlfriend, that his coach was singling him out every single play in TC.. and he finally broke. Wasn't until after his absence was he diagnosed.

He seems like he wants to really play, but he's really not a viable player over 255-260 lbs. He loses his elite explosion and speed.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                      so where the hell did he go?
                      He's with tampa, i think.
                      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                        It was said that he had Depression and Severe Anxiety disorder. That he had a breakup with his girlfriend, that his coach was singling him out every single play in TC.. and he finally broke. Wasn't until after his absence was he diagnosed.

He seems like he wants to really play, but he's really not a viable player over 255-260 lbs. He loses his elite explosion and speed.
                        I remember an article right before the draft that said he was on his way back...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

stash on the practice squad

I was hoping LT would put in a good word for his alum at TCU and we could stash him away on the practice squad. Its the kind of gamble that could make AJ look like a genius AGAIN!!!!

Comment

yea ive never seen any reports that he was a schizo, so i find it odd that one guy is saying he is. itd be pretty well publicized if he were actually schizo

Comment

Whoever signs him needs to be understanding and VERY patient. Also the team will need a very good psychiatric helper with him, to make sure he doesn't get overstressed. Schitzo or bipolar, it doesn't really matter, either one is a terrible thing to be diagnosed with and he will need to be supervised to make sure he doesn't completely tweak in the NFL.

Comment

He shouldnt be allowed to play. Plain and simple. If he suddenly went psycho on the field it could have tragic consequenses for the opposite team. No one wants a charles manson-like person wanting to kill u on the other team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information