Thoughts on USC RB Stafon Johnson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on USC RB Stafon Johnson?

He's my favorite runner out of that loaded backfield and I was wondering what you thought about him? I think that he's a first-round talent that can surprise people if given a chance.

JOhnson....bleh!....but stephon Green of psu thats the real deal

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Will he even start?

Comment

It's gonna be difficult for both McKnight and Johnson to crack the first round splitting carries. But eh it's been done several times over the last few years and could very well occur again this year with Spiller and Davis over there at Clemson.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          It's gonna be difficult for both McKnight and Johnson to crack the first round splitting carries. But eh it's been done several times over the last few years and could very well occur again this year with Spiller and Davis over there at Clemson.
          So long as they both show that they have the talent and ability to play at the next level, i don't think it'll be a problem that they split carries. In fact, scouts should see that as a +.. Less tread on the tires. Don't forget about Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams

Comment

I think McKnight and Johnson will be 1 and 2 respectively on their depth chart with Gable and Bradford and the others behind them. From what I understand Johnson is basically a runner and not a pass protector or anything else which is why he is not a starter.

Comment

I love him when he has the ball in his hands, its the other facets of the game that might bring him down.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                I think McKnight and Johnson will be 1 and 2 respectively on their depth chart with Gable and Bradford and the others behind them. From what I understand Johnson is basically a runner and not a pass protector or anything else which is why he is not a starter.
                I have heard Bradford has actually seperated himself from the pack a little bit in terms of being the leader.

Comment

he looked really good last year, as did McKnight from the few games i saw.

Comment

To be honoust I like the guy, but I think McKnight is the better prospect and for a second back splitting the carries it is vital not to just be a poor-mans first back, you'd have to be a true power back or a massively quick back as a change of pace for the first back. I think he is neither and just hasn't got enough in him to be a main-go-to-runner. Obviously I could be wrong, however I'd give him a 2-3 round grade.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

and to think, they could probably all be stars elsewhere.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think he'll be a first rounder. If he comes out next year, I could see him picked close to where Jamal Charles was picked this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                          and to think, they could probably all be stars elsewhere.
                          I'm sure the only reason they went to USC is because they offered them Escalades and tutors.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            I have heard Bradford has actually seperated himself from the pack a little bit in terms of being the leader.
                            **** ya, Bradford has always been my favorite player in their backfield. Dude is an absolute stud.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information