Chase Daniel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase Daniel?

Just wanted to get some non homer thoughts on Missouri QB Chase Daniel what do you think of his game and can he start in the NFL?

I defenitly think he can be a starting QB in the league in 3-4 years

Comment

I think he could actually be a 1st or 2nd round pick. This isnt the best class of QB's ever.

Would Drew Brees be a fair comparison?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

if he can go back to school and be successful doing some more pro-like things, i think he could raise his stock a bit.

but i really dont see him being a first rounder. 2nd maybe, 3rd more likely.....its hard to overlook what he doesnt have though and thats height.

itll be a hard road for him, thats for sure

Comment

I think he is a very good college Qb and in my opinion is the best pure pocket passing Qb in the nation with Matthew Stafford. Will not be a first round pick because of his height, but definitely deserves to be. Will eventually be an above average Qb in the NFL, and if things go his way maybe even a pro-bowl Qb one day.

Sig by BoneKrusher
          Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            Would Drew Brees be a fair comparison?
            I'm not sure he's quite the passer Drew Brees was at Purdue, and Brees had to make some pretty definite changes before he became a successful starter in San Diego. That said, I think that if things fall the right way, his stock could sit around where Brees' did.

I like Daniel, but there's no lack of questions about him. Assuming he goes out and posts another big year, I think showing up and performing well at the Senior Bowl would be the best way for him to keep that stock up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rjspartan View Post
              I think he is a very good college Qb and in my opinion is the best pure pocket passing Qb in the nation with Matthew Stafford. Will not be a first round pick because of his height, but definitely deserves to be. Will eventually be an above average Qb in the NFL, and if things go his way maybe even a pro-bowl Qb one day.
              so.....hes the best pure pocket passing QB....yet.......

he was the 6th ranked dual threat QB by rivals in 05 and plays in a spread offense?

im not arguing against daniel but that argument doesnt make much sense in the light of where he plays

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                so.....hes the best pure pocket passing QB....yet.......

he was the 6th ranked dual threat QB by rivals in 05 and plays in a spread offense?

im not arguing against daniel but that argument doesnt make much sense in the light of where he plays
                my bad looking back i see that yeah i'm an idiot, but what i ment to say is he is a good passer, and i look at him more as a passer than a runner

Sig by BoneKrusher
                Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Comment

I am a lifelong Mizzou fan and Chase Danial is something of a living legend here in central Missouri. I personally think Chase is going to catch a cup of coffee as a 6th round pick or later in the NFL. Even with the spread offense slowly working it's way up to the NFL he will never see the spacing he see's along the lines now and I just don't think his height will allow him to be succesful at the next level. He also ran into a problem late last year of locking in on receivers and trying to force throws when teams were able to pressure us. It might just have been a blimp, but for the most part Mizzou faced little pass rush last year and he seemed jumpy when we faced the better teams. The guy is the ultimate warrior and I hope he finds away in, but in watching his game now I just don't see him making the switch to the next level. Don't be suprised though in a couple of seasons if he isn't one of the better QB's in Canada.

Comment

I think he is a wild card. If he plays out of his mind again, he could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he is iffy, 6th-undrafted.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I like the kids heart alot heart goes a long way in football but not as much at QB as in does other spots will have to see how it plays out I wish him well.

Comment

I will preface this post by saying that I am a huge Missouri fan and I am proud to have Chase Daniel as a QB for our team and would not trade him for Tim Tebow.

That said - Because there is a question as to whether or not Chase is under 6' tall or not makes his stock extremely fluid in my opinion. In order to garner consideration in the first 3 rounds I think that he needs to measure 6' or taller at the combine.

Mechanically he will have to work a ton on footwork in order to play at the next level. He has played exclusively from the shotgun his entire football life and 3-5-7 step drops from center are completely foreign to him.

His release is good, and quick, but a little low. Combined with his height, I think the low release point is a negative.

He is an above average athlete and better than given credit for. He has some bulk and can take a hit. Has remained injury free for the most part.

I think his accuracy is better than most and he has greatly improved throwing the deep ball and intermediate routes.

He will make some questionable decisions under pressure, and force the ball when he should sometimes run. His bad decisions and pressure seemed to get to him in the 2nd half of the Big XII championship game.

His best attribute may very well be his leadership ability, as he has been the unquestioned leader of the Tigers since his Sophomore year. He is smart and loves to play football. A complete gym rat.

Projection - If 6' tall or taller - Late 2nd-4th / If under 6' - Late 4th - 7th

Comment

If you can see him, you can tell he is definitly smaller than the 6-3 Brennan

Good, though slightly chubby, build

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I don't know why so many people care about the size of a quarterback. Fans are putting way to much into it. When you watch Chase Daniel play, you see everything you look for in a Quarterback......Leadership, Tough as nails, is mobile enough to make things happen with his feet, very accurate, not the strongest arm but he can make all the throws, knows when to put touch on his passes, can throw the deep ball, knows how to win, and is a team player.

Comment

Two things will knock him down a few rounds: Height (5-11, maybe 5-10) and System. Hard to predict how good a guy will be in a pro style under center offense when he's played in a spread option his whole career. Doesn't have the perfect mechanics or pocket presence either. Body type is like a small linebacker not a QB. Should go somewhere between rounds 2 and 5.
                              Last edited by keylime_5; 05-28-2008, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information