2009 DTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 DTs

Now that the reality has set in and Glen Dorsey really isn't an Oakland Raider, who's out there for the 2009 class?
    My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

A name to keep an eye on is Ernest "Mick" Williams from Pitt. He is very explosive and should have a huge year. I don't know if he would come out early but the guy is being compared to Warren Sapp. The only concerns with him have been tiny injuries. Last year was his first year healthy and he got better every single game. He looked great in spring ball. I am not saying he is Warren Sapp or a 1st round pick just yet but he is a guy to keep an eye on.

Also known as Poonugget

Comment

Fili Moala is the top DT next year and a likely top 10 pick, hell I think McShay even had him going first overall in a mock.

I'm not sure there's another 1st round senior but there are a lot of guys in the first day mix and someone could easily step up. Keep an eye on Terrance Taylor, Jeff Owens, Marlon Favourite, Vance Walker, Roy Miller, Demonte Bolden, BJ Raji and Jerry Peria.

However, juniors Senderrick Marks, Al Woods and Demarcus Granger are all likely 1st rounders if they declare.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Next years DT class looks like it could shape up to be as good at the OT class next year. It will certainly be interesting to see how those two (technically as many as 5) positions perform as the year goes on. Right now though, I say the OT class has the DTs beat.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I really liked the little I got to see of Peria Jerry. Big Terrence Taylor fan as well.

Also I think Sen'Derrick Marks is overrated to an extent. He definitely played well last year, but most of it was at DE, seeing him as a top 5/10 pick in some mocks as a DT really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I understand it's a projection, but really it's too much of a projection for me.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

Vince Oghobasse of Duke is draft eligible and very likely could declare due to the fact he's set to graduate after this year. I think he's a beast

Comment

I'm a huge Terrance Taylor fan, want the giants to grab him in the first if he has a good year. He's incredibly powerful and will be an impact runstuffer early.

Comment

Georgia has two DTs that could come out this year that are VERY good in Jeff Owens and Geno Atkins. I'm inclined to say Geno might stick around another year but he could definitely be a 2nd-3rd RD pick if he came out this year. I really like him a ton, he is very powerful and has some crazy quickness. He is a big time disruptor in the middle.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009DT.php

google is an amazing thing

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                    I'm a huge Terrance Taylor fan, want the giants to grab him in the first if he has a good year. He's incredibly powerful and will be an impact runstuffer early.
                    yes that would be a perfect fit for us

Comment

How about top NT prospects? Falcons could really use one. You think any will establish themselves as top5 picks?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                        How about top NT prospects? Falcons could really use one. You think any will establish themselves as top5 picks?
                        Al Woods, if he does above average this season he will be drafted highly. He has all the physical tools to be succesful (6'5" 315 lbs)

Comment

I have to say that I've been mildly surprised by the Fili Moala love flying around. There was never any doubt when I was watching USC that Ellis was the far better player, but I continue to see him projected to go even higher than Sedrick did.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                            Al Woods, if he does above average this season he will be drafted highly. He has all the physical tools to be succesful (6'5" 315 lbs)
                            I heard that Al Woods isnt even starting...is that true?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              I have to say that I've been mildly surprised by the Fili Moala love flying around. There was never any doubt when I was watching USC that Ellis was the far better player, but I continue to see him projected to go even higher than Sedrick did.
                              I don not like Fili Moala, the athleticism isn't there. Ha has stiff in the hips and doesn't have much balance or flexibility. His motor is very inconsistent. He lacks explosion when the ball is snapped. His production is simply average, especially considering he was on the same line of Lawrence Jackson and Sedrick Ellis. He has an unimpressive overall skill set IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information