Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supplemental draft

When is it? And are there any good prospects declaring for it

No one has declared, at all. It might not happen this year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Hopefully some big name person messes up and is taken off the team while also being suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
        Hopefully some big name person messes up and is taken off the team while also being suspended.
        Hopefully, lol.

Comment

I really thought Brandon Ore was going to be in it, but he is staying at his D-II school.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

i really wish that a DT would screw up so the giants could get him and we wouldnt be so soft in the middle

Comment

it'd be kind of funny if only one guy declared. Last year, aside from Oliver and Gaither there was a couple of guys I had never heard of who declared so there might be more like that.
              Last edited by neko4; 06-30-2008, 07:18 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

i really wish that a DT would screw up so the giants could get him and we wouldnt be so soft in the middle
                Any DT could declare. You want a good one to.

Comment

Fili Maloa and Terrence Taylor should both declare. :D

Comment

Knowshon Moreno should declare and everyone should let the Cardinals take him with a 3rd round pick

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      Knowshon Moreno should declare and everyone should let the Cardinals take him with a 3rd round pick
                      i really dont think he's remotely ready for the NFL yet.

Comment

i really dont think he's remotely ready for the NFL yet.
                        Physically he's there.

Comment

It depends on the players focus

Alot of players slipped alot further than experts predicted based on talent in the last couple of drafts; drafts are getting deeper with quality talent. It might be better for them to roll the dice with the supplemental draft, particularly if their draft class is potenitally quite strong or the position is likely quite deep with talent.

An interesting twist is (I believe) guys drafed in the supplemental draft don't count against the rookie pool.

For example: If I was a 2nd tier safety prospect such as Courtney Greene or Pat Chung, I would seriously consider whether to declare for the supplemental draft.
                          I don't think they can over take William Moore or Nic Harris as senior prospects and there is a reasonable chance quality juniors like Myron Rolle, Taylor Mays and Kam Chancellor declare. Plus there is alot of talent at much higher priority positions such as CB, DT and OT.
                          It is possible Greene's and/or Chung's draft stock is only likely to diminish, it may be worth the gamble of the supplemental draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                            Physically he's there.
                            i dont think so, he has great vision and instincts. He still needs some time.

Comment

The supplemental draft has been cancelled

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...al-draft_N.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information