Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High-Caliber Kickers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High-Caliber Kickers?

    Are there any really good kickers this year that you guys think will end up being very good? I wanted the Falcons to draft Mason Crosby in the fifth round two drafts ago, and we ended up passing on him to draft someone like Martrez Milner I think. He was then drafted the pick exactly before us in the sixth round, and we watched him turn into one of the better kickers in the league. I have my doubts on Elam, so I'm just wondering if there are any kickers that stand out this year. I know the season didn't start yet, but are there any assumptions/predictions on the best kickers?

  • #2
    pat mcaffee---wvu k/p

    cred 2 BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      Ryan Succop. He finally no longer has to handle every kicking duty possible, so a fresh leg should do his stock wonders.


      Sig by Matthew Jones

      Comment


      • #4
        should have said mcaffee is a better punter than a kicker...punted a 71 yd vs cincy; went about 60 in the air

        cred 2 BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          since we are in the ST subject, which punter would be worth taking a late draft pick on? or are there none worth mentioning this year?

          Comment


          • #6
            Jose Martinez is a kicker I'd look out for this year. He has a big leg and pretty good accuracy, just not much to go on.


            Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

            Comment


            • #7
              I always love a good kicker conversation.

              Surprised Sam Swank hasn't been mentioned.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                I always love a good kicker conversation.

                Surprised Sam Swank hasn't been mentioned.
                just about to mention him, on the draft sites, he is the consensus #1 overall K in the draft right now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                  Ryan Succop. He finally no longer has to handle every kicking duty possible, so a fresh leg should do his stock wonders.

                  god forbid that he has to kick the ball an extra few times in a game

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    and practice...

                    definately a year for punters IMO

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, dont want to sound like a bunch of Gamecock homers but, Succop does have some fantastic potential. Huge leg and nice accuracy, with a little coaching he can be a great kicker in the league. I think he has a pretty good chance to be the best kicker of the class actually.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                        god forbid that he has to kick the ball an extra few times in a game
                        I do not believe there is a kicker at the NFL level who does kickoffs, punts, extra points, and field goals. You think that is coincidence?

                        Maybe you know more than Ray Rychleski does about special teams and kicking, but even he believes a kicker can only kick so much before his leg starts to go.


                        Sig by Matthew Jones

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                          I do not believe there is a kicker at the NFL level who does kickoffs, punts, extra points, and field goals. You think that is coincidence?

                          Maybe you know more than Ray Rychleski does about special teams and kicking, but even he believes a kicker can only kick so much before his leg starts to go.

                          thats because they are in the NFL. Also kickers and punters in the NFL last for like 15years
                          they make millions



                          then u have a college kid who is prob around 21 who gets worn out from kicking and punting? they rarely do onsides.
                          Give me a break

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            since we are in the ST subject, which punter would be worth taking a late draft pick on? or are there none worth mentioning this year?
                            Not to sound like a homer, because I think he's deserving of mention, but Justin Brantley isnt bad: 44.2 yards per kick last season.

                            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't know too many kickers this year, but next year Colt David is tops no question in my mind.

                              BoneKrusher

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information