Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some specific SLB's I should be looking at this year? (1st/2nd rounders)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some specific SLB's I should be looking at this year? (1st/2nd rounders)

I'm a Bills fan, and since we recently placed Angelo Crowell on IR, I have a feeling SLB just became one of our top 2 needs in the upcoming draft. As of right now I'd like Alex Mack (C) with our first or second pick (depending on value at draft time), and a SLB with our other pick. We'll need someone who could start right away and make an impact at SLB.

Who are some specific players I should be looking at durings games this year who figure to be early picks?

Thanks.
    Last edited by essential; 09-06-2008, 04:52 PM.
    2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

I doubt SLB is worth a first day pick.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
      I doubt SLB is worth a first day pick.
      Are you crazy? You think the outside linebacker with the most coverage responsibilities isn't worth a first day pick.

Aaron Curry is the cream of the crop in my opinion.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
        Are you crazy? You think the outside linebacker with the most coverage responsibilities isn't worth a first day pick.

I thought he was more of a WLB.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          I thought he was more of a WLB.
          He's much better in coverage than he is in blitzing. He plays SAM at Wake, so it would only make sense he stays there in the pros.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post

yes, yes I do.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with regoob. A two down linebacker is not worth a 1st or 2nd Round pick. I really, really do like Aaron Curry though.

Comment

Curry was extremely disruptive in today's game, getting into the backfield a bunch. Reminds me a bit of Boley from Atlanta.

But yea, 2 down LBs aren't worth first rounders, though Curry could be a 3 down SLB.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Just agreeing with the others. Unless you don't have any other of very few other needs taking a SLB that early isn't a good idea.

And SLBs are not necessarily the best LB on the team in coverage. In fact that's rarely the case.

Comment

While Crowell could play SLB very well, and is listed as such on our depth chart, in our defense his role isn't that of the usual SLB. He was a 3-down backer, our best one, and he will need replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Just agreeing with the others. Unless you don't have any other of very few other needs taking a SLB that early isn't a good idea.

And SLBs are not necessarily the best LB on the team in coverage. In fact that's rarely the case.
                      When on the field, they usually cover the tight end if present, or first runner out of the backfield. Out of all three positions, saying all on are on the field, they have the most responsibilities, which is what I stated.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Marcus Freeman has played both WLB and SLB and while he has been better at WLB he should have superb measurables and be considered a three-down linebacker by the time draft day rolls around.

Sean Witherspoon might be an option as well.

Comment

How can you all forget SLB out of USC Brian Cushing, IMO he is the best 4-3 SLB in the draft, and is an all around great linebacker, he is a very good tackler, good in coverage, and a good blitzer. His negatives are he is very similar to Ohio State bust Bobby Carpenter and he might be injury prone.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                            How can you all forget SLB out of USC Brian Cushing, IMO he is the best 4-3 SLB in the draft, and is an all around great linebacker, he is a very good tackler, good in coverage, and a good blitzer. His negatives are he is very similar to Ohio State bust Bobby Carpenter and he might be injury prone.
                            The Carpenter comparison might not hurt him if he's drafted by a 4-3 team, as it has long been speculated that Carpenter's best positional fit might be as a 4-3 SLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                              I think he'll get picked up by a 3-4 team.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information