Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love this RB Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Love this RB Class

    Fantasy footballers get excited... rookie RBs are going to make a huge difference in your league again this year.

    Mayock has Donald Brown (everyone knows I love him) as his #2 RB over Chris Wells and LeSean McCoy. Annoys me that now I can't claim to be the only person touting Brown as a first-round talent. You can argue against the ranking but ranking RBs is really preference IMO.

    Note about Brown: He is going to open a soup kitchen when he gets his first contract.

    Also just watched the Knowshon Moreno press conference. Seems like a solid young guy and he's getting slept on hard. Top ten talent IMO.

    McCoy running the forty with the flu is impressive (and will be even more impressive if it's a great time- which we all think it will be).

    Devin Moore holding his own combine and putting up some nice #s definitely helped him.

    The senior bowl helped guys like Jeremiah Johnson and Andre Brown.

    Then there's a guy like Javon Ringer who was about as productive as you can be.

    I didn't realize how solid this class really was until now, and I really hope the Seahawks take advantage and grab a good back (after Crab of course!)

    Here are my personal rankings:

    01. Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
    02. Chris Wells, Ohio State
    03. LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
    04. Donald Brown, Connecticut
    05. Shonn Greene, Iowa
    06. Mike Goodson, Texas A&M
    07. Javon Ringer, Michigan State
    08. Rashad Jennings, Liberty
    09. Andre Brown, NC State
    10. Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon
    11. Glen Coffee, Alabama
    12. Devin Moore, Wyoming
    13. James Davis, Clemson
    14. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin
    15. Arian Foster, Tennessee
    16. Kory Sheets, Purdue
    17. Javarris Williams, Tennessee State
    18. Cedric Peerman, Virginia
    19. Marlon Lucky, Nebraska
    20. Aaron Brown, TCU
    Last edited by gpngc; 02-20-2009, 02:34 PM.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

    - Ko Simpson

  • #2
    No love for ian johnson
    One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jj45 View Post
      No love for ian johnson
      I've seen him. He is not an NFL back.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not buying this snake oil, sir.
        ________
        Sunset Boulevard Residence 2
        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:52 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nepg View Post
          I'm not buying this snake oil, sir.


          SNAKE OIL! GET YOUR HOT, FRESH SNAKE OIL!

          Javon Ringer was about as productive as you can be? Um, alrighty then. He wasn't even the most productive RB in the conference, but whatever.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            Fantasy footballers get excited... rookie RBs are going to make a huge difference in your league again this year.

            Mayock has Donald Brown (everyone knows I love him) as his #2 RB over Chris Wells and LeSean McCoy. Annoys me that now I can't claim to be the only person touting Brown as a first-round talent. You can argue against the ranking but ranking RBs is really preference IMO.

            Note about Brown: He is going to open a soup kitchen when he gets his first contract.

            Also just watched the Knowshon Moreno press conference. Seems like a solid young guy and he's getting slept on hard. Top ten talent IMO.

            McCoy running the forty with the flu is impressive (and will be even more impressive if it's a great time- which we all think it will be).

            Devin Moore holding his own combine and putting up some nice #s definitely helped him.

            The senior bowl helped guys like Jeremiah Johnson and Andre Brown.

            Then there's a guy like Javon Ringer who was about as productive as you can be.

            I didn't realize how solid this class really was until now, and I really hope the Seahawks take advantage and grab a good back (after Crab of course!)

            Here are my personal rankings:

            01. Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
            02. Chris Wells, Ohio State
            03. LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
            04. Donald Brown, Connecticut
            05. Shonn Greene, Iowa
            06. Mike Goodson, Texas A&M
            07. Javon Ringer, Michigan State
            08. Rashad Jennings, Liberty
            09. Andre Brown, NC State
            10. Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon
            11. Glen Coffee, Alabama
            12. Devin Moore, Wyoming
            13. James Davis, Clemson
            14. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin
            15. Arian Foster, Tennessee
            16. Kory Sheets, Purdue
            17. Javarris Williams, Tennessee State
            18. Cedric Peerman, Virginia
            19. Marlon Lucky, Nebraska
            20. Aaron Brown, TCU

            Mayock really loves to slap the top runningbacks in the face every year doesn't he.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post

              SNAKE OIL! GET YOUR HOT, FRESH SNAKE OIL!

              Javon Ringer was about as productive as you can be? Um, alrighty then. He wasn't even the most productive RB in the conference, but whatever.
              I meant over the course of his career. He was pretty productive in his four years at MSU.

              How is me saying I love this RB class snake oil?
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

              - Ko Simpson

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                I meant over the course of his career. He was pretty productive in his four years at MSU.
                Meh, he's no Mike Hart, but he's aiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Donald Brown has a chance to be this year's Matt Forte; a 2nd round selection that takes the bulk of the team's carries and is the heart and soul of the offense. Everyone knows that Brown can handle a high workload, but he also has some of the better hands, compared to any other back in this draft.

                  Is he the #2 RB, though? Probabaly not but he will make an instant difference maker in the NFL.


                  Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    from the madd futher mucker

                    This years' RB class is NOT anywhere near last years. Here's how I see it:

                    Legitimate mid to low 1st round picks:
                    1.Moreno -Does everything well -all the time - 3 down back -maybe 10 #s light - no negatives to his game. Edit: was expected at 207-8; weighed in at 217.
                    2.McCoy - Big playmaker - is a liability in pass blocking Edit: thought to weigh about the same as Moreno - weighed in at 197
                    Bubble boys: D. Brown/ Wells - tie (yea, i know Wells will go off the board in the 1st well before Brown who may drop to the 2nd)
                    Brown - This year's Matt Forte. Does everything well - nothing outstanding. Edit: 5'10 1/4" 210#Wells - Size/speed ratio is a cross between Bo Jackson and ADP. Lacks intensity all the time - hasn't shown that he's a Westbrook/Portis type 'gamer' Edit: 6'1" 235#
                    who will play if he can WALK. Is a 2 down back - a liability in pass protection and hasn't proven himself as a pass catcher.
                    2nd/3rd round - Greene. Great nimble feet for a big man. Has deceptive speed and can push for extra yards. Also only a 2 down back- not quite there as a pass protector/pass catcher.

                    So in my mind there are 5 quality backs and 2 of them are 2 down backs at this stage. After that, folks - I'm seeing 4th round and lower for the rest, with the next best back possibly being Colo State's Gartrell Johnson.

                    The WR class is definitely stronger and deeper than the RBs IMO
                    Last edited by Twinkle Toes; 02-20-2009, 08:19 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Gartrell Johnson is a guy I haven't heard a lot about. Not particularly quick but I think he'll add value somewhere as a power back or maybe a fullback.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        Donald Brown has a chance to be this year's Matt Forte; a 2nd round selection that takes the bulk of the team's carries and is the heart and soul of the offense. Everyone knows that Brown can handle a high workload, but he also has some of the better hands, compared to any other back in this draft.

                        Is he the #2 RB, though? Probabaly not but he will make an instant difference maker in the NFL.

                        Knowshon defintely has better hands IMO
                        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                        Coples is that dude.
                        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                        Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          Note about Brown: He is going to open a soup kitchen when he gets his first contract.
                          Donald Brown, the Soup Nazi

                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            fun fact!

                            Knowshon and Donald played on the same pop warner team.

                            /sig by BONEkRUSHER/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
                              Legitimate mid to low 1st round picks:
                              1.Moreno -Does everything well -all the time - 3 down back -maybe 10 #s light - no negatives to his game. Edit: was expected at 207-8; weighed in at 217.
                              2.McCoy - Big playmaker - is a liability in pass blocking Edit: thought to weigh about the same as Moreno - weighed in at 197

                              always thought it was funny people called Knowshon a small back...

                              /sig by BONEkRUSHER/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information