Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Rankings Changes Coming

Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be some major changes coming in my rankings when I update them next week. Just wanted to give a heads up so I don't get accused of having a knee-jerk reaction based on the Combine results... :)

Most notably there will be a new member of my Top 3 overall and there will be some moved in my Top 4 offensive tackles as well.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
    Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be some major changes coming in my rankings when I update them next week. Just wanted to give a heads up so I don't get accused of having a knee-jerk reaction based on the Combine results... :)

Most notably there will be a new member of my Top 3 overall and there will be some moved in my Top 4 offensive tackles as well.
    I know who you will put in your top 3!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      I know who you will put in your top 3!
      I may have tipped that one off in my chat the other day... :)
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Excited to see the changes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

It maybe the guy that is rumored to run a 4.3. :o
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            It maybe the guy that is rumored to run a 4.3. :o
            Ooh, maybe I didn't give it away...
            Scott Wright, President
            Draft Countdown.com
            www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Ooh, maybe I didn't give it away...
              Shoot, I thought I was spot on with it!

7. Jason Smith OT Baylor
              Athletic former tight end with the tools to protect the blind side.

That's the guy I'm betting on!
              Last edited by bored of education; 02-21-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I think I read that you are getting more and more impressed with Crabtree, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him at #3 behind Stafford and Curry.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Hey,

I don't think anyone would accuse you of 'knee-jerk' reaction based on the combine, but I think the combine has already yielded some suprises which would cause one to at least take a fresh look. While the tape don't lie (what you see on video), neither does the 'tape'. One of the very interesting things to me (perhaps even more than 40 times) is the variance from their schools 'official' pre-combine height/weight listing.

I'm not saying it will definitely affect where he goes in the draft - in fact, I don't think it will -, but Crabtree's measured height combined with not running the 40 isn't helping his immediate cause any...
                  ...and Moreno' 10# positive suprise will cause teams to look at him with fresh eyes, especially if his speed there (in this case, it COULD affect his draft position.
                  Last edited by Twinkle Toes; 02-20-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I wasn't here for the chat, but would I be right in saying that OT Jason Smith from Baylor is going to move up in the rankings a lot?

Comment

Time to go ahead and move Beasttree into your top 5 prospects, Scott.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

It has to be Jason Smith. There has been no bad news for Smith the past two days as he measured in as expected, and also raised a couple eyebrows with 33 bench reps. Also, you have to think a guy this confident and hard-working is interviewing off-the-charts. He has talked to two Top 6 six reportedly in Seattle and Cincinnati and also acknowledged a fair possibility of being the first overall pick (though who wouldn't say that if put on the spot hah)

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          Time to go ahead and move Beasttree into your top 5 prospects, Scott.
                          6'1 1/4 and moving up? Maybe. Some scouts I've heard have him placed firmly atop their boards, though I think in the back of his head Scott likes Jeremy Maclin too much to create a large rift between the two. Or maybe that's just me ;)

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Well it def won't be Crabtree or Andre. I'm thinking Maclin or Jason Smith.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

I think it's safe to say that Monroe will be the one moving out of the top 3.

So, I think it will be one of the following moving in:

Malcolm Jenkins
                              Chris Wells
                              Michael Crabtree
                              Jason Smith
                              Percy Harvin (Shocker!)

I'm not going out on much of a limb lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information