Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Smith is Losing a TON of Money this week!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Smith is Losing a TON of Money this week!

If you are glued to the T.V. this weekend, as I am, watching the NFL Scouting Combine, then you are hearing all the rumblings about Andre Smith. The former Alabama Left Tackle is not working out AT ALL in Indianapolis. The reason being that he just started working out recently and doesn't feel he's ready! WHAT!?

I don't care whether that is the truth or not, you just don't say that in front of a room full of NFL Personnel in arguably the biggest job interview per say for a prospective future NFL draft pick.

This just shows the lack of maturity, intelligence, and overall negligence IMO of this young man. I already had my doubts about him surviving in the NFL. He has struggled with holding the right weight for his entire college career, and his apparent lack of work ethic and apparent lack of desire to change that he has displayed week, speaks volumes for him.

I am convinced he will NOT be a NFL Left Tackle, and as I have stated in the past, whomever drafts him as such, will be vastly disappointed. He struggles with weight, speed rushers, and does not have quick feet at all. I'm not saying he won't have success in the league, but If he does, it will have to be from the Right Tackle spot or even at Guard. And this week, so far, has done nothing to change my mind about that. I don't see him going anywhere inside the top 10 after all this. Certainly not a good start for him, that's for sure!

Thought!?
    Last edited by thebow305; 02-21-2009, 11:21 AM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

His draft stock is falling by the minute.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I personally think his character issues are overblown. I would still love for my Redskins to take him at 13.

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09

Comment

word is he also just up and left

ANDRE SMITH WENT AWOL?
        Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 21, 2009, 11:36 a.m.
        Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith was nowhere to be found this morning at the NFL scouting combine, leaving the facilities in Indianapolis, Tony Pauline of SI.com reports.

Per Pauline, Smith was eventually located after a “search party” was engaged to find the massive first-round prospect. Apparently, no scouting combine officials knew where Smith went and scrambled around to find him.

Now, Smith and his agent apparently aren’t on the same page as to the reason why Smith was absent without leave from the combine and are telling different stories.

For Smith, who fielded several questions from reporters and undoubtedly from teams upon his arrival in Indianapolis about his suspension for the Crimson Tide’s bowl game stemming from a violation of team rules, this kind of sketchy behavior obviously isn’t the way to impress future employers.

If it turns out to be something innocuous, NFL teams won’t make too big a deal out of it given Smith’s big-time potential.

UPDATE: Smith, who isn’t working out at the combine because he’s admittedly not in shape, just got ripped big-time by NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock.

“I’m dropping him down on my list,” Mayock said. “You don’t show up in shape for the biggest job interview of your life. You don’t lift. You don’t run. You don’t show up. It’s the worst thing you can do. How can you not show up in shape for this?”
        oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

I'm not convinced on his potential as a LT either, but he could dominate as a G or RT though.

I think he might be the most "sure thing" when it comes to offensive lineman overall, maybe besides Max Unger or Alex Mack.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

not good for Smith, but I doubt he falls out of the top 10.

At couple months back, I was wondering if he was better at OG. After watching more film on him though, I think because of his athleyicism, he could be a really good LT. I still think he would be a GREAT OG, but I think he will be a LT all the way.

I hope he dedicates the next month or so on getting in much better shape.

Like I said, not good right now.

Comment

I loved this guy when he first got to Bama, but now he's shooting himself in the foot. Jason Smith is my top tackle now.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                I loved this guy when he first got to Bama, but now he's shooting himself in the foot. Jason Smith is my top tackle now.
                word is jason is doing everything right. great benching, great interviews, good size, and i guess he is killing it with his press meetings

Comment

Yeah he is looking really impressive so far this week. Would love for him to slip to Washington, but they may go D line or Linebacker as well.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

And Oher and Britton are moving up draft boards

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

If he falls, the stupid ones are the teams passing on him because they're letting their emotions get the better of them. No problem for the teams picking later... they are absolutely LOVIN' this news!

Comment

I think it says a lot that pro football weekly doesn't even rank him as a tackle on their top 10 by position, they see him as a guard.
                        http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...9top100218.htm

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          If he falls, the stupid ones are the teams passing on him because they're letting their emotions get the better of them. No problem for the teams picking later... they are absolutely LOVIN' this news!
                          I Don't think teams will be 'stupid' to pass on him, they will just want to spend their millions of dollars on a better risk. With the money the top picks get, the player should have a great attitude and history. Yes, some team *may* pick up a bargain, but some team may also pick up a slug. As a Bengals fan, I know all too well what happens when you 'steal' a talented player that has fallen due to character issues.

Comment

Andre Smith is falling, gets picked in the teens, and kicks ass at LT for at least 10 years.

That's how it'll go.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

yes, it will all be clear just how stupid they all were to pass on a guy that admittedly hasnt worked out or kept in shape for the past month. that screams lack of dedication and work ethic. the combine is the biggest job interview these prospects have, and with a fairly crowded position like ot, it could be the one chance you have to separate yourself from the pack, and this idiot shows up fat and out of shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information