Aaron Maybin is 250lbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Maybin is 250lbs

Penn St. DE/OLB Aaron Maybin apparently heard the critics that said he was too light to be a DE in the NFL. Admitting that he finished his final college season at 230 pounds.

“They wanted to see me put on some weight,” said Maybin. “So I went to work and put on 20 pounds. I feel real good right now.”

Maybin is now at 250 and said he feels good and more explosive than when he was 230. He’s been doing a lot of explosion, power lifting type training. We’ll see if it pays off, but many expect him to have a monster workout, which will only send him further up the first round board.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/0...dds-20-pounds/

I hope he worked on his lower body strength. The dude literally had chicken legs at Penn state.

Comment

Before and after.

Comment

The people here will find a way to turn this into a negative. A lot of Aaron Maybin hating on this site. Good for him though, good to see he's taking the pre-draft process very seriously.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
          The people here will find a way to turn this into a negative. A lot of Aaron Maybin hating on this site. Good for him though, good to see he's taking the pre-draft process very seriously.
          I think it has more to do with all the McShay hype haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsDraft View Post
            Before and after.

the old michael jackson treatment, eh?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Is this a confirmed weight (as in, he weighed in at 250lbs at the combine) or is this from an article where he claims to be 250lbs? If he is 250lbs then that really opens things up for him quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                I just don't see him as a pro 4-3 end. As a PSU fan, his explosiveness is his biggest attribute and I'm wary of him putting on a lot of size while keeping that. He's going to get pushed around by pro lineman if he starts plays with his hand down....And you can point to the Colts as a team who makes 240-ish DE's work but they are without doubt an exception and not the rule.

If he goes to a non 3-4 team, I'd be surprised if he works out as more than a situational pass rusher. That turns me off to him for a team like Buffalo, Houston, or Chicago that are picking in his value-range (imo) and are in need of an every down DE.

Comment

Here is another link.

Maybin at 250

INDIANAPOLIS - Penn State defensive end Aaron Maybin just checked in at the NFL Scouting Combine media center. He has his weight up to 250 pounds. He's 6-foot-3 1/2. That's probably good news for teams that may want him to be a 4-3 defensive end. Now we'll see if he runs a fast time.

---Mark Gaughan
                  http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboa...in-at-250.html

Comment

250 makes him the ideal 3-4 OLB probably, assuming he carries that weight well enough to run in the 4.4s or close still. SF @ #10 just pricked up their ears, I know that.

Comment

I wonder how much he weighs after he takes a leak after chugging a gallon or two of water before weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankGore View Post
                        250 makes him the ideal 3-4 OLB probably, assuming he carries that weight well enough to run in the 4.4s or close still. SF @ #10 just pricked up their ears, I know that.
                        4.4s will shock people. Word is he's running high 4.6s which is pretty special in itself. I think he's an OLB in a 3-4 and is probably going to take some time to see the field, otherwise what's not to like?

Comment

I'd still take both Brown and Orakpo over Maybin any day of the week.
                          English and Sintim might be better than Maybin.

The B-12 STEALTH BOMBER

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                            I hope he worked on his lower body strength. The dude literally had chicken legs at Penn state.
                            incorrect usage of the word literally. Pet peeve of mine, ESPN does it all the time.

Brown is my favorite 3-4 OLB prospect, I think Orakpo is the safest, but Maybin intrigues me because he has the most upside.

Comment

Can we bring back the thread with everyone saying that he looked small in that picture?

Agree with Pudge- way too much Maybin hating here for no reason. Now watch him run a 4.65 and no ones going to be claiming he'll fall to the 20's.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information