Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psu Wr Deon Butler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Psu Wr Deon Butler

    Can someone explain why he is considered such a late rounder?

    -5'11...lots of 5'11 WRs in the NFL
    -PSU CAREER RECEPTIONS LEADER...OVER GUYS SUCH AS JOE JUREVICIOUS, BRYANT JOHNSON, O.J. MCDUFFIE, BOBBY ENGRAM...ETC.
    -WEIGHED IN AT 182 POUNDS, DON'T BELIEVE MOST EXPECTED THAT...PROBABLY EXPECTED 170 SOMETHING
    -RAN A 4.26 UNOFFICIAL (4.29 OFFICIAL?) 40 AT THE NFL COMBINE

    STAND UP!!!!!!
    "If nobody told you how good you were, how good would you be?"

  • #2
    I've always been very impressed with his play on the field, and now he has shown up and performed at the combine. I really like the kid.
    Richmond Spiders, 2008 FCS National Champions

    Comment


    • #3
      Meanwhile, Derrick Williams just stunk it up in the 40....Haven't seen too many PSU games this year so who is the better FOOTBALL player?

      Comment


      • #4
        why is the first point in lower caps and then the rest in higher caps ?


        RIP, Sean Taylor.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think you just kind of worry that a 180 lb WR is going to get killed out there. I mean, similar type of player as DeSean Jackson and even though Jackson had a good year this year, his draft stock definitely slipped due to "can this guy stay healthy out there?" concerns (not due to injury history, just due to the fact that there are safeties that outweigh him by 40 lbs who don't have his best interests in mind).

          Also, how are his hands? Fast, little guys, with questionable hands rarely work out in the NFL.

          Comment


          • #6
            Good to see him come in heavier, although I am leery he can keep the weight.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

            Comment


            • #7
              By far he was PSU's best WR, now I know why Derrick Williams never could get more playing time at wideout.

              Butler has great hands, is a good route runner, but in college he played at close to 165 pounds. That's part of the reason he wasn't rated higher.

              Also, he never looked like a 4.2-4.3 guy in pads. That's scary speed, and Deon Butler never looked like the fastest guy on the field whenever I saw him play.

              I'm most impressed with his weight. If he can hold those pounds, he'll make a roster and contribute somewhere in the league.

              A Marvin Harrison clone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                I think you just kind of worry that a 180 lb WR is going to get killed out there. I mean, similar type of player as DeSean Jackson and even though Jackson had a good year this year, his draft stock definitely slipped due to "can this guy stay healthy out there?" concerns (not due to injury history, just due to the fact that there are safeties that outweigh him by 40 lbs who don't have his best interests in mind).

                Also, how are his hands? Fast, little guys, with questionable hands rarely work out in the NFL.
                His hands aren't quite as consistent as Norwood's (whose were?), however, he easily made the most difficult catches between the three.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If been telling people for a long time that he is much better than Derrick Williams


                  Id take him late round 2 early round three


                  "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                  Mike Tirico

                  Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                  Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                  "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've been saying forever that he's better than Williams.

                    Easy on the ALL CAPS though.

                    And all-time leading receiver, while nice, can be misleading. Butler had the fortune of coming in when everyone from the year before had graduated, and got a chance to make an instant impact as a true freshman. Not everyone has that chance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
                      -RAN A 4.26 UNOFFICIAL (4.29 OFFICIAL?) 40 AT THE NFL COMBINE

                      STAND UP!!!!!!

                      4.38 official (according to NFL.com).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Butler was, without question, Penn State's best receiver this year. I said it quite a bit before the combine even happened that I would rather have Butler than Derrick Williams, and this is just further confirmation.

                        And to anyone who questions his hands: You don't become the career receptions leader at a big time university without having good hands.

                        I honestly didn't expect him to run as fast as he did, but thats just icing on the cake.

                        He's going to make a great #2/slot guy for years if he gets a good opportunity.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          He's going to make a great #2/slot guy for years if he gets a good opportunity.
                          Slot guy. I don't think he's good enough for a #2. Yes, he had a lot of receptions, but he never really dominated in college. Good slot option though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            Slot guy. I don't think he's good enough for a #2. Yes, he had a lot of receptions, but he never really dominated in college. Good slot option though.
                            I guess technically Wes Welker plays out of the slot mostly, but I still consider him the #2 receiver on the team, ya know?

                            He won't be a #1 receiver, how about we word it like that, lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Butler also had a 37" vertical today

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information