Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ian Johnson's Quiet Solid Day at the Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ian Johnson's Quiet Solid Day at the Combine

    Johnson had:
    4.46 40-yard dash (second among RBs, .01 seconds off the leader)
    6.93 3-cone drill (eighth among RBs, .11 seconds off the leader)
    4.18 20 yard shuttle (fourth among RBs, .1 seconds off the leader)
    11.63 60 yard shuttle (fourth among RBs, .33 seconds off of the leader)
    26 reps on the bench (fifth among RBs, 4 off the leader, more than Wells and Moreno).

    Apparently measured 5'11" and 212 which is reasonable size.

    Didn't place top 10 in any of the jumping drills (don't know if he participated), but those are some solid numbers. Personally I had Johnson way down on my rankings, so a lot of these numbers surprised me. How much did he help his stock today? There's a lot to like about this kid: he's a player with good, solid production at a legitimate program, and combine numbers that are competitive with anybody else at his position. What's his ceiling in the draft? We're really deep in RBs this year, but I could see him going in the third or fourth. Am I crazy?

  • #2
    Will be a later round guy, but whatever team gets him will be getting a heck of a football player. Team first kind of guy. I wish him well in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      When I heard this year that he asked to start playing special teams, I was impressed.

      So, not only a team first guy, but he has experience doing what he would most likely have to do most as a late round guy, play special teams.

      Comment


      • #4
        He is the type of player I want on my team, especially if I am Detroit.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was put on national TV saying I thought he'd be a good pro, I have to keep consistent with that! But yes, I think he could become a Pro Bowler. A special teams Pro Bowler, and maybe even a solid 3rd down back.


          Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
            I was put on national TV saying I thought he'd be a good pro, I have to keep consistent with that! But yes, I think he could become a Pro Bowler. A special teams Pro Bowler, and maybe even a solid 3rd down back.
            Are you talking about the interactive fan/bowl thing?
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              Haha yeah, and I know KobeBryant833 and Primetime21 wouldn't let me live it down.


              Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

              Comment


              • #8
                I hope he goes to Denver - I think Ian really worked on improving his speed and quickness heading into the draft and if he can carry that speed with him to the pros, he has the ability to be very productive at the next level.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                  Haha yeah, and I know KobeBryant833 and Primetime21 wouldn't let me live it down.
                  Your almost as knowledgeable as Todd McShay!
                  Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                  the only hot actreeses are adult
                  Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                  players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                  Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                    Haha yeah, and I know KobeBryant833 and Primetime21 wouldn't let me live it down.
                    You got a picture of that? Maybe a youtube vid?
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I do not. There is a thread about it somewhere though.


                      Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He had a hell of a day. Now he will probably go 4th - 5th round instead of 6th round to UDFA.

                        He also is a very good character guy, just the kind of guy you want on special teams.
                        Just not a 'special' player. But he WILL make a roster this fall IMO.
                        Last edited by Twinkle Toes; 02-22-2009, 10:49 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Two words....

                          Darren Sproles.

                          Has there ever been a more forgotten player in college than Ian Johnson?


                          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                          Johnson had:
                          4.46 40-yard dash (second among RBs, .01 seconds off the leader)
                          6.93 3-cone drill (eighth among RBs, .11 seconds off the leader)
                          4.18 20 yard shuttle (fourth among RBs, .1 seconds off the leader)
                          11.63 60 yard shuttle (fourth among RBs, .33 seconds off of the leader)
                          26 reps on the bench (fifth among RBs, 4 off the leader, more than Wells and Moreno).

                          Apparently measured 5'11" and 212 which is reasonable size.

                          Didn't place top 10 in any of the jumping drills (don't know if he participated), but those are some solid numbers. Personally I had Johnson way down on my rankings, so a lot of these numbers surprised me. How much did he help his stock today? There's a lot to like about this kid: he's a player with good, solid production at a legitimate program, and combine numbers that are competitive with anybody else at his position. What's his ceiling in the draft? We're really deep in RBs this year, but I could see him going in the third or fourth. Am I crazy?
                          Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

                          - Genius

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information