Why so many disappointments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so many disappointments?

Seems like there are a TON of guys who didn't do as well as they were expected to do. Moreno, Maybin, Wells...alot of top guys just didn't perform. Why so many this year?

Originally posted by foozball View Post
    Seems like there are a TON of guys who didn't do as well as they were expected to do. Moreno, Maybin, Wells...alot of top guys just didn't perform. Why so many this year?

There were others, Pettigrew didnt run as expected. Oher looked weak, Laurinaitis and Maualuga were somewhat exposed along with the guys you mentioned. It boils down to watching tape, if they can play they can play. Some just didnt measure up.

Comment

I wasn't really expecting Pettigrew to run well.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

There are bigger steroid fears now than there used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          I wasn't really expecting Pettigrew to run well.
          Ya, he isn't meant to be fast, but he has sick hands.

I think this is just a class full of a lot of very very good players, and not many workout warriors. Combine with that with the intense workout warriors last year (Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, DJax, etc,) it just makes for people expecting times like last year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

The less toonsterwu posts the worse the prospects become!
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Is it me or are 40 times, overall, slower than last year.

Comment

Personally, I think that this stadium's track is slower than the RCA dome.

Comment

There's a general tendency for people to always think the current draft is going to be better than the last one; since we're always excited about the new guys and we're just coming off of watching the rookies generally not live up to the highest of expectations we had for them (with a few notable exceptions). Since we're always looking for "this will be the best draft ever" and some drafts just aren't going to deliver on that, at some point in the pre-draft rigmarole people will come realize that they had overvalued a number of players. Personally, I haven't really been terribly disappointed by many players, but I also didn't think this was going to be a great draft (at least at the top for the shiny positions, there's some decent depth). Moreno running as poorly as he did was a little disappointing, since I was thinking he was a mid-teens player, but other than that people did kind of how I thought they would.

But if you're disappointed by a guy, it's entirely plausible that you simply expected too much from him. Anybody who was expecting Maualuga to run a 4.4 (for example) was simply going to end up disappointed; there's nothing we can do about that.

Comment

I still like Maybin and Wells.

Comment

Thing no one is talking about with Moreno is that he had the 2nd best 3-cone.

His 40 is still disappointing, but I'm just saying...

With Wells we were hoping for some stupid Ronnie Brown time but really his draft status shouldn't be affected much by his 40. He's not a burner, we all knew it.

I guess Maybin's performance was a little disappointing too but you can also spin it like this- look how quick his first step is and how good he is getting to the QB when he really isn't even that fast...

Anyone saying Maclin running a 4.40 is disappointing is just reaching. 4.40 is REALLY, REALLY fast.

Donald Brown put on a show, and a bunch of 300+ guys ran under and around 5.0. That's darn impressive.

Plus one of the top groups is always the DBs and they go tomorrow.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I think this draft class just isn't that great compared to recent drafts. The OT's are amazing, and there are some fun TE's, but overall it's not a very good draft.
                        ________
                        Vaporizer Information
                        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post

people who thought Moreno would run a 4.4 must have never watched him play.

the low 4.5's is where he was expected at 208 lbs.....he was up to 217...and still recorded a low 4.5......

/sig by BONEkRUSHER/

Comment

for every disappointment, there's a guy that did better than expected too though

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_from_E_Oakland View Post
                              people who thought Moreno would run a 4.4 must have never watched him play.

the low 4.5's is where he was expected at 208 lbs.....he was up to 217...and still recorded a low 4.5......

I think he was high 4.5s low 4.6s but i agree with you. People are in fantasy land about what their favorite players are going to run. I could have told you what Moreno and Wells were going to run having watched them play. Aaron Maybin was fast for a DE but it changed when his times were compared to LBs. Not sure why it's that difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information