No announcement yet.

Why so many disappointments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was only a disappointment because there were no big name players.

The best player at the combine is Aaron Curry and he is not a big name.

Next year will be a crazy combine.

Comment

Maybe this just isn't as good of a draft as some people think it is...
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
        The less toonsterwu posts the worse the prospects become!
        i think the thread ended here

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
          I still like Maybin and Wells.
          I still dislike Maybin and Wells

The combine in many ways just makes you like are dislike prospects more or less according to what you thought of them before the combine

If you loved a guy before the combine and he blew it up you will love him even more.

If he did poorly your still going to love him

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_from_E_Oakland View Post
            people who thought Moreno would run a 4.4 must have never watched him play.

the low 4.5's is where he was expected at 208 lbs.....he was up to 217...and still recorded a low 4.5......
            he ran a 4.61. so i think that was a little unexpected. a low 4.5 would have been good but a 4.61 will mean moreno will drop down many draft boards

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              There are bigger steroid fears now than there used to be.
              Brian Cushing, the biggest steroid fear since Jose Canseco
              LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Different track?

Comment

Many of these guys are overrated to begin, they didn't disappoint per say, but had way too high expectations coming in. The draftniks as a whole were probably spoiled from last years' ridiculous showing. Many of these players' stocks are inflated due to the weak class in terms of top talent as well.

Comment

Maybe people are expecting too much?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                      Your totally right. As a whole, this is one of the weaker I've seen. Lesser prospects means lesser athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase1 View Post
                        Brian Cushing, the biggest steroid fear since Jose Canseco
                        The differance is when Conseco was taking roids MLB wasnt drug testing and USC does. How did Cushing fool all those drug tests?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          The differance is when Conseco was taking roids MLB wasnt drug testing and USC does. How did Cushing fool all those drug tests?
                          he started

i'm jk, i don't think he was taking roids. prob every other legal performance enhancer possible though.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            I'm sure Shawn Merriman took piss tests too.

Ever see The Program?

I suppose you could be right and he was accidentally mixing estrogen into his supplements. That would explain the massive mammories

Comment

The 40 times are defiantly higher than I expected personally. Might have a bit to do with the track. We probably won't know for a few years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                                Don't mean to brown nose the site owner, but that's pretty much it. This draft isn't a draft with a lot of "immediate star power". You'll still get a lot of good players out of all seven rounds, but there just won't be guys that blow the doors off right away like some years.

I think this is just one of those years where who succeeds in the NFL is going to come down more to "who shows up to training camp and really wants it" and less to "who has incredible athleticism or historic college productivity."

There's a tendency to try to equate all the "#1 QBs" and the "#1 RBs", when the fact of the matter is that Stafford is not Matt Ryan and Chris Wells is not Adrian Peterson. Doesn't mean Stafford and Wells are bad players, they're just not as good as some other people who were drafted high at their positions that came before them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information