Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 3-4 OLBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Top 3-4 OLBs

    Brian Orakpo and Larry English i have as DEs. Compare your favs based on some of their combine numbers.

    Everett Brown, 6-2 256lbs. 26"vert. 4.73 40. 9-6 jump.

    Brian Cushing, 6-3 243lbs. 35" vert. 4.71 40. 10-0 jump.

    Clay Matthews, 6-3 240lbs. 35" vert. 4.67 40. 10-1 jump

    Aaron Maybin, 6-3 249lbs. 38" vert. 4.89 40. 10.4 jump

    Connor Barwin, 6-4 256lbs. 40" vert. 4.66 40. 10-8 jump

  • #2
    Is Maybin's 40 time really that important? His vert and jump are more important for initial burst to the QB.

    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      Is Maybin's 40 time really that important? His vert and jump are more important for initial burst to the QB.
      Getting to the QB i think you're right implying it's not a problem. In coverage i would be a little more concerned.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        Getting to the QB i think you're right implying it's not a problem. In coverage i would be a little more concerned.
        Your OLB's are mostly gonna be in zone though.
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

        Comment


        • #5
          Cody Brown is really flying under the radar for some reason...he was top 10 lb in every drill and would be a nice addition in the 2nd-3rd round

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            Brian Orakpo and Larry English i have as DEs. Compare your favs based on some of their combine numbers.

            Everett Brown, 6-2 256lbs. 26"vert. 4.73 40. 9-6 jump.

            Brian Cushing, 6-3 243lbs. 35" vert. 4.71 40. 10-0 jump.

            Clay Matthews, 6-3 240lbs. 35" vert. 4.67 40. 10-1 jump

            Aaron Maybin, 6-3 249lbs. 38" vert. 4.89 40. 10.4 jump

            Connor Barwin, 6-4 256lbs. 40" vert. 4.66 40. 10-8 jump
            I, personally don't like Cushing or Mathews as 3-4 OLBs. I still like Orakpo and English. With the athleticism he showed today, I think you'd have to include Lawrence Sidbury into the discussion.

            If I were GM and ranking these players as 3-4 OLB's I'd rank them as follows...

            1. Brian Orakpo
            2. Everette Brown
            3. Larry English
            4. Aaron Maybin
            5. Lawrence Sidbury
            6. Connor Barwin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by phlysac View Post
              I, personally don't like Cushing or Mathews as 3-4 OLBs. I still like Orakpo and English. With the athleticism he showed today, I think you'd have to include Lawrence Sidbury into the discussion.

              If I were GM and ranking these players as 3-4 OLB's I'd rank them as follows...

              1. Brian Orakpo
              2. Everette Brown
              3. Larry English
              4. Aaron Maybin
              5. Lawrence Sidbury
              6. Connor Barwin
              I am about opposite. I think Cushing, and Matthews' ideal fits are as 3-4 OLB's. I think Larry English could be a very good one too. Orakpo I really don't see as a great 3-4 OLB.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

              Comment


              • #8
                Is Sintim not considered a 34 OLB since he isn't a collegiate DE?

                Sig By:The Dynasty

                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  Is Sintim not considered a 34 OLB since he isn't a collegiate DE?
                  After watching him at the senior bowl his ideal fit is probably at 3-4 OLB.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I actually like Brian Cushing in a 3-4, but not as a OLB, I don't think he has the speed you look for off the edge to consistently get at the quarterback. He's got unbelievable athleticism and strength, but I don't know if he can adapt the talent to get off the LOS at that elite speed.

                    One person that I'm intrigued with his Connor Barwin. He's played with his hand down throughout his tenure at Cincy and it will be interesting to see if he can transition as a 3-4 rushback. He certainly has the physical tools to do it, but I will be interested to see if he can soak in the game to go through with it.

                    I'm still a big Everette Brown fan, I think he has shown so many ways of getting to the quarterback while I frequently just see Orakpo using the bull rush to get to the ball carrier. It works because of his freakish strength, but there are stronger offensive tackles in the NFL, so he'll struggle at first.

                    I'm skeptical with all the skepticism of Aaron Maybin. I think you have to give the guy a break, he put on nearly 15-20 pounds and people are expecting him to run a 4.5-4.6 at the combine. I say wait until his Pro Day, then he'll wow some people. I'm still concerned with his ways of getting to the quarterback and predicted consistency at the next level though.

                    I think Larry English will have to go to the right team in order to succeed. I feel if he is drafted by New England or Miami or even Chicago, then he could succeed, but anywhere else, then it's a possibility that his best football days are behind him.

                    1. Everette Brown
                    2. Brian Orakpo
                    3. Larry English
                    4. Connor Barwin
                    5. Aaron Maybin

                    BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                      I am about opposite. I think Cushing, and Matthews' ideal fits are as 3-4 OLB's.
                      They are both TINY for 3-4 OLB. I'm not trying to argue with you though. Convince me... why do you think they are great fits? I think they both project better to the inside in a 3-4 scheme because of their size and the fact that they are both very physical. I think they both have pass rush ability but not in a typical 3-4 WILL sense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        1. Connor Barwin
                        2. Brian Orakpo
                        3. Aaron Maybin
                        4. Clay Matthews
                        5. Larry English

                        Trash:
                        Everette Brown
                        Clint Sintim

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
                          1. Connor Barwin
                          2. Brian Orakpo
                          3. Aaron Maybin
                          4. Clay Matthews
                          5. Larry English

                          Trash:
                          Everette Brown
                          Clint Sintim
                          care to elaborate?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                            I actually like Brian Cushing in a 3-4, but not as a OLB, I don't think he has the speed you look for off the edge to consistently get at the quarterback. He's got unbelievable athleticism and strength, but I don't know if he can adapt the talent to get off the LOS at that elite speed.

                            One person that I'm intrigued with his Connor Barwin. He's played with his hand down throughout his tenure at Cincy and it will be interesting to see if he can transition as a 3-4 rushback. He certainly has the physical tools to do it, but I will be interested to see if he can soak in the game to go through with it.

                            I'm still a big Everette Brown fan, I think he has shown so many ways of getting to the quarterback while I frequently just see Orakpo using the bull rush to get to the ball carrier. It works because of his freakish strength, but there are stronger offensive tackles in the NFL, so he'll struggle at first.

                            I'm skeptical with all the skepticism of Aaron Maybin. I think you have to give the guy a break, he put on nearly 15-20 pounds and people are expecting him to run a 4.5-4.6 at the combine. I say wait until his Pro Day, then he'll wow some people. I'm still concerned with his ways of getting to the quarterback and predicted consistency at the next level though.

                            I think Larry English will have to go to the right team in order to succeed. I feel if he is drafted by New England or Miami or even Chicago, then he could succeed, but anywhere else, then it's a possibility that his best football days are behind him.

                            1. Everette Brown
                            2. Brian Orakpo
                            3. Larry English
                            4. Connor Barwin
                            5. Aaron Maybin
                            QFT.

                            Sidbury is right behind...and I'd put Sintim 3rd...then Barwin...then Maybin.
                            Last edited by SenorGato; 02-23-2009, 07:25 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't think English is a 34 OLB anymore, I do think he will be a kick ass DE.

                              Sig By:The Dynasty

                              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information